Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just can't stand parents living vicariously through their kids and talking all day long about their games as if they were Pros. Just let them play and enjoy the sport, 99% of them won't play past HS anyway.
    lets see who is worse the person who writes about youth sports or the person who reads about it commits it is a waste of time.

Yes 99% will not play at a higher level so they might as well enjoy it as it last.

BTW I guess Max preps, local youth sports sections, Espn broadcasting high school games are a waste of time too

Comment

Just giving what the posters want. I guess you would rather got back to talking about CM.

This is about u 16 boys soccer what other matches are happening this weekend. There is a Sunday FSPL match GTB vs FC Florida Blue. That should be another good match of skill vs brawn.

What do you want to talk about.
      FC Florida is the better team and will beat GTBFC. FC Florida looks to be one of the top teams now after beating Madrid 2-0.

Comment

FC Florida is the better team and will beat GTBFC. FC Florida looks to be one of the top teams now after beating Madrid 2-0.
        And followed up that win with a 1-1 draw with Cutler Ridge. Not a result to write home about. I know what happened - the referee didn't fall for your antics and called fouls for all the little bs tactics you pull.

Comment

I think Fire should handle GTB this weekend. I have seen both team play this year and GTB is no where near as strong as they were last year. They lost 4 solid starters and game changers and only in my opinion gained one true starter and that is the defender that came back after 1 year away at the academy. GTB have 3 strong GK's and that is a plus but you can only play one at a time so no significant at this point. The new players added are players that have potential and will develop under their coach but not at the R3PL or FSPL level in my opinion but with a great coach they may stand a chance. Fire overall is a good team and even though they are not consistent, they are a dangerous team.

All these said, I think GTB will be much more solid towards the end of the season when the coach get's them gelling together. They are in my opinion the most improved team the past month and their result shows in recent R3PL. GTB coach will have to pull that magic out of his hat to get a result this weekend. I don't think he has the fire power to beat Fire this weekend.
          You pick this one player out of the group as a "true starter".. Thanks dad And yes 3 great goalies...only 2 of those 4 lost had passion...

Comment

I think Fire should handle GTB this weekend. I have seen both team play this year and GTB is no where near as strong as they were last year. They lost 4 solid starters and game changers and only in my opinion gained one true starter and that is the defender that came back after 1 year away at the academy. GTB have 3 strong GK's and that is a plus but you can only play one at a time so no significant at this point. The new players added are players that have potential and will develop under their coach but not at the R3PL or FSPL level in my opinion but with a great coach they may stand a chance. Fire overall is a good team and even though they are not consistent, they are a dangerous team.

All these said, I think GTB will be much more solid towards the end of the season when the coach get's them gelling together. They are in my opinion the most improved team the past month and their result shows in recent R3PL. GTB coach will have to pull that magic out of his hat to get a result this weekend. I don't think he has the fire power to beat Fire this weekend.

Score?

Comment

Score?
              3-1 gtb won

Comment

3-1 gtb won
                What has happened to Fire? Let's see how GTBFC fares tomorrow against FC Florida.

Comment

You pick this one player out of the group as a "true starter".. Thanks dad And yes 3 great goalies...only 2 of those 4 lost had passion...
                  His mom is way over top!!

Comment

What has happened to Fire? Let's see how GTBFC fares tomorrow against FC Florida.
                    FC will take care of GTBFC tomorrow no doubt. Their coach cannot always get lucky winning games that they should not be winning. Their winning streak ends tomorrow. Everyone thinks he is a great coach. I see him as a lucky coach.

Comment

FC will take care of GTBFC tomorrow no doubt. Their coach cannot always get lucky winning games that they should not be winning. Their winning streak ends tomorrow. Everyone thinks he is a great coach. I see him as a lucky coach.
                      Curious, what games should they not be winning? You sound jealous!

Comment

I heard the GTB coach started and played 10 players against Fire today. I think this is ridiculous and disrespectful to the game and the other team. Not only that, its crazy to have 4 or 5 players on the bench and watch your coach play 10 men including a goalkeeper on the field.

This to me is madness and he should be sanctioned for disrespecting the game. Why would the parents allow that to happen. My son sitting the bench while the coach plays 10 men from the start of the game. Unless he did not realize that he was playing 1 man down. He better have a good reason as these parents pay money to travel and watch a coach do that.

Comment

Could be any number of reasons. Pick one.

1) Players Missed Practice
                          2) Players Didn't obey team rules
                          3) Parents Owe Money
                          4) Coach senile
                          5) Coach an idiot.
                          6) Something / Anything else.

Comment

Could be any number of reasons. Pick one.

1) Players Missed Practice
                            2) Players Didn't obey team rules
                            3) Parents Owe Money
                            4) Coach senile
                            5) Coach an idiot.
                            6) Something / Anything else.
                            I dont think 4 and 5 applies to this coach. It has to be some disciplinary issue for him to bench players. Is the poster sure that he played 10 men? Was there à injury and he already used up all his subs. Good for him to bench players for discipline. He must have some cohunas to follow through with discipline. not a lot of coaches can put winning on the line for discipline these days as most probably suck up to parents.

Comment

lets see who is worse the person who writes about youth sports or the person who reads about it commits it is a waste of time.

Yes 99% will not play at a higher level so they might as well enjoy it as it last.

BTW I guess Max preps, local youth sports sections, Espn broadcasting high school games are a waste of time too
                              Slight correction.....100% of the kids playing on these teams won't play past HS.

Comment

I heard the GTB coach started and played 10 players against Fire today. I think this is ridiculous and disrespectful to the game and the other team. Not only that, its crazy to have 4 or 5 players on the bench and watch your coach play 10 men including a goalkeeper on the field.

This to me is madness and he should be sanctioned for disrespecting the game. Why would the parents allow that to happen. My son sitting the bench while the coach plays 10 men from the start of the game. Unless he did not realize that he was playing 1 man down. He better have a good reason as these parents pay money to travel and watch a coach do that.
                                And they still managed to win the game

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X