Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looked at the spreadsheet today and the Florida State (ACC) commit listed is another FL NON-ECNL player.
    I know of at least two 2015's that are ECNL one from WFF and the other from Concord Fire and formerly PV, and early graduate.

Comment

ECNL is the place to play. Everyone in the country knows it and the race is on in Jacksonville and Miami to get in. Every club in Florida applies to join and would do anything to get into the ECNL.
      However whilst they apply and do everything possible to get in they tell their players you don't need it. LMAO.
      Facts are there, the ever increasing numbers of coaches and ECNL events and the ever decreasing numbers at non ECNL events, state cup and southern regionals prove it.

Good luck with this petty back and forth but its simple. ECNL is the best way by some distance and the gap is getting bigger.

Comment

ECNL is the place to play. Everyone in the country knows it and the race is on in Jacksonville and Miami to get in. Every club in Florida applies to join and would do anything to get into the ECNL.
        However whilst they apply and do everything possible to get in they tell their players you don't need it. LMAO.
        Facts are there, the ever increasing numbers of coaches and ECNL events and the ever decreasing numbers at non ECNL events, state cup and southern regionals prove it.

Good luck with this petty back and forth but its simple. ECNL is the best way by some distance and the gap is getting bigger.
        Really when it comes down to it, nearly all the soccer posting is irrelevant. in a couple of years you all can look back on here and gasp at the ridiculous stuff you posted. and I know you'd never want your own kids to pick up where you will inevitably leave off. I've already had one graduate college, having gone through a very nice DI school with soccer picking up the tab, another currently in that position, and another yet still in HS and looking at that same path too. Perhaps everyone you know is running to the ECNL, but if your kid is already in a top 5-10 club in the state, and you would just take a little time yourself to look at the colleges, this recruiting stuff is really not hard. you don't have to drive to an ecnl club to get noticed either. being real about your kid's talent is necessary, but also don't under estimate the school's need either, and if your kid knows what they want to study, it gets even easier. you all are so worried about getting into the biggest most popular schools (SEC, etc) gotta luv the ecnl hysteria.

Comment

Good try but he/she responded to my post. This might be a surprise to you but there is probably more than one person in the state who can appreciate someone elses efforts.
          Thanks for having my back!

Comment

Raise the Discourse!

Really when it comes down to it, nearly all the soccer posting is irrelevant. in a couple of years you all can look back on here and gasp at the ridiculous stuff you posted. and I know you'd never want your own kids to pick up where you will inevitably leave off. I've already had one graduate college, having gone through a very nice DI school with soccer picking up the tab, another currently in that position, and another yet still in HS and looking at that same path too. Perhaps everyone you know is running to the ECNL, but if your kid is already in a top 5-10 club in the state, and you would just take a little time yourself to look at the colleges, this recruiting stuff is really not hard. you don't have to drive to an ecnl club to get noticed either. being real about your kid's talent is necessary, but also don't under estimate the school's need either, and if your kid knows what they want to study, it gets even easier. you all are so worried about getting into the biggest most popular schools (SEC, etc) gotta luv the ecnl hysteria.
            Thanks for the reasoned post. A deep breath is beneficial most of the time. Congrats on your success in this crazy endeavor.

Only question is whether the "5-10 top teams" is really a requisite. Seems like great grades and talent are the keys. Guess I'm being real as you suggest. Best liberal arts education in the South would be just fine with me. Fortunate my daughter sees the importance of that as well.

Comment

We had one player leave our team to go play and be a starter on an ecnl team. Those who stayed verbally committed as a junior, while she is a senior with nothing in the works. Playing ECNL alone is not going to help. The team must be competitive and the player must have what the specific school wants. Grades and a challenging curriculum are key to opening up more options for the talented player, but there are schools for the average student as well.

Comment

Looked at the spreadsheet today and the Florida State (ACC) commit listed is another FL NON-ECNL player.
                It just goes to show that you don't have to buy$ into the ECNL hysteria. But the parents who have bought$ into it will argue that your nonECNL kid will go nowhere and their ECNL kid will be turning schools away.

If ECNL is a good option for you it is probably worth going that route. But if it isn't, don't worry. There are other paths.

Comment

What

Here is a sample of a very good ECNL team that if you were to believe the hype you would think every single player was headed to a top Division I program. But in reality, its just another U17 team trying to get their players offers like the rest of us.

FC Virginia ECNL U17

out of a roster of 20 only 8 are committed

FSU 2, UF 2, Indiana, UVA, UConn, Georgetown

12 remain uncommitted!

How do you know only eight are committed? Are you from that team? Because if you aren't you probably have no clue who is and who isn't committed. If I looked at my daughters u18 the general public would only see that three or four are committed. Yet, all but two are. None of them have changed their player profile nor have they let Top Drawer or any other site know they've committed.

Oh and 8 of 20 at the beginning of u17 is pretty good. Not that many commit as sophomores.

Comment

Agreed

You must have serious problems to post something like this. You have no knowledge whatsoever what others of us on the forum do with the bulk of our time and resources.

And I for one found the spreadsheet to be useful as do the numerous individuals I passed it on to. There are so many families that get confused and overwhelmed with the process. This spreadsheet was one of the tools we used to manage thru it. My daughter is now verbally committed and while the accomplishment is totally hers this spreadsheet enabled us to narrow the soccer choices. (Obviously academics was the primary consideration in her choice.)
                    The spreadsheet is helpful. It is in no way complete, because the individual who compiles the information has no way of knowing a commitment unless he/she is provided the information or sees it on a site like Talking Soccer. I appreciate that the info is available.

Comment

Pops

The spreadsheet is helpful. It is in no way complete, because the individual who compiles the information has no way of knowing a commitment unless he/she is provided the information or sees it on a site like Talking Soccer. I appreciate that the info is available.
                      Meant Top Drawer, not a Talking Soccer.

Comment

This can be settled on signing day

Wait until February. Then, look at the signing articles of the top programs. Count the number of Ecnl commits for each team. Keep in mind that there are only 76 U18 Ecnl teams and hundreds of non Ecnl. Compare the numbers. The reality is, more and more players in the top college programs will come from Ecnl teams. In fact, some girls are finding an Ecnl team at U 17 and 18 because college coaches are telling them to play at that level.

There are very good players outside of Ecnl. There are players that will play for top D 1 programs and will have not played one minute of Ecnl. But, many top players are finding Ecnl teams either for exposure or for the competition. Each year Ecnl players represent more and more of the signing classes of the top schools. Each year we see more and more Ecnl players representing the US National teams. No doubt a very good player can get to a top school or onto a national team without Ecnl, it's just harder.

My daughter has played on an Ecnl team for four years. I don't Love everything about it, but she has played against the best players in the country, including Mallory Pugh (youngest player on u20 WNT). It has made her better to face tough competition almost every time she steps on the field.

Comment

Wait until February. Then, look at the signing articles of the top programs. Count the number of Ecnl commits for each team. Keep in mind that there are only 76 U18 Ecnl teams and hundreds of non Ecnl. Compare the numbers. The reality is, more and more players in the top college programs will come from Ecnl teams. In fact, some girls are finding an Ecnl team at U 17 and 18 because college coaches are telling them to play at that level.

There are very good players outside of Ecnl. There are players that will play for top D 1 programs and will have not played one minute of Ecnl. But, many top players are finding Ecnl teams either for exposure or for the competition. Each year Ecnl players represent more and more of the signing classes of the top schools. Each year we see more and more Ecnl players representing the US National teams. No doubt a very good player can get to a top school or onto a national team without Ecnl, it's just harder.

My daughter has played on an Ecnl team for four years. I don't Love everything about it, but she has played against the best players in the country, including Mallory Pugh (youngest player on u20 WNT). It has made her better to face tough competition almost every time she steps on the field.
                          The comparison isn't ECNL vs non-ECNL. It's the specific ECNL team vs. the specific non-ECNL teams. An winless or bottom tier ECNL team is hard pressed to be better than a top tier NL or PLE program. It's also what team is better for your daughter, specific to her position.

Comment

I agree

The comparison isn't ECNL vs non-ECNL. It's the specific ECNL team vs. the specific non-ECNL teams. An winless or bottom tier ECNL team is hard pressed to be better than a top tier NL or PLE program. It's also what team is better for your daughter, specific to her position.
                            I don't agree that your daughter should play on a team that's best for her specific position, but that's up to you. My child has played plenty of positions from forward, midfield to defense. She has played several formations. She will be better prepared to play in college than the player who sees themself as a forward or a left back. She can move around the field.

A winless bottom Ecnl team is still playing against some of the best players in the country. The reality is, these teams are very close. The top team in the conference is typically clearly better, and the bottom team is often clearly on the bottom. But, the teams in between are close and it's never clear which one will come out on top. The games are often tied or one goal games. It's just a matter of which team pulls out the win. We play every team in the conference twice and we have beaten or tied the top team and had the bottom team give us a tough game. There are no easy games.

I do think every parent and player should find the best team. I just find it amusing that so many are still questioning the strength of Ecnl. I will tell you that the California and Texas Forums aren't.

One more thing, the Florida and eve the SE Conference teams aren't the strongest in the league. OYSC was pretty weak last year, but they are doing well, as a club, this year. While the SE Conference isn't as strong as the SoCal and Texas Conference, they play those teams, and that competition makes them better.

Comment

Can't say this isn't true. But the FL ECNL teams are not as good as other states.

Comment

But you miss the point

Can't say this isn't true. But the FL ECNL teams are not as good as other states.
                                Yes, they aren't as good as teams in other states. But, neither are the non Ecnl teams. I don't care how good the other FL teams are they aren't as good as Sting, Real Colorado, Surf, Eclipse, PDA, Concorde Fire, Texans. . . But, at least WFF and OCYS are playing those teams, and they are improving. OCYS has made gains this year. The clubs are in their third season. Give them some time.

Ecnl isn't for every player. Some players don't have access or aren't willing to travel. If we didn't have a club nearby, we wouldn't travel hours to get to one. That's us, but don't kid yourself, lots of players are doing it. We have players traveling across the state to play with us. We have players from out of state. We are a middle level club in Ecnl, yet players are coming to to play Ecnl. In fact, every year we see more players come from a significant distance.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X