• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    its spelled libelous
    which he may be held liable for

Comment

its spelled libelous
      While you're at it, its spelled it's. If you are going to be an anal perfectionist, at least be a perfect one.

Comment

Its nice that everybody gets along with each other on the sidelines. Does that mean NEP is adopting the scores don't matter and arent going to post them somewhere?

MPS touts the concept that development is more important then winning and therefore they have left the maple promotion/relegation format. Why bother with State Cup then?

Conclusion- They need to win to justify the $. They create NEP to exclude small clubs because they dont want to have to explain why after all the $ for their superior training program they still lose to some of those "Mom" and "Pop" coaches every now and then.

Big clubs have better facilities, programs, etc. They are probably worth the $ for the training. Just get used to the fact that every now and then some "under dog" club is going to beat you. "GO BURNLEY"
        MPS (evil empire) is obviously doing something right because a day doesnt go by without someone complaining how they do business. If you dont like their product then by all means enjoy wherevever you are and be happy about it. No one likes a sore loser.

Comment

sore loser

must be somebody posting from the NEP. Hmmm, that narrows it down to two other clubs? lol

Comment

must be somebody posting from the NEP. Hmmm, that narrows it down to two other clubs? lol
            mps parent = yes, nep player = no

Sorry to inform you we are happy with the evil empire for 3 years now even though we havent won state cup or syl nationals. it is about a good fit for the player and them growing technically and tactically on the field. I hope you can grasp these concepts.

Comment

mps parent = yes, nep player = no

Sorry to inform you we are happy with the evil empire for 3 years now even though we havent won state cup or syl nationals. it is about a good fit for the player and them growing technically and tactically on the field. I hope you can grasp these concepts.
              No matter which club you are with, no matter which team your player is on, it pretty much all comes down to one thing. Does your kid like her/his team and his/her coach? If the answer is yes, it just grows from there.

So if the team is successful and starts to compete in far flung tournaments and regional or national championships, regardless of which club you are with, the same thing happens. You decide whether it's worth the time and money to keep going. Once again, the driving force behind this decision is generally your player's attachment to the team and coach. That attachment will be effected by your child's sense of accomplishment, whatever that may be. Generally speaking it's winning games, but if some program can come up with a different motivator, fine.

What works perfectly for one player is a waste of time for another. The right club/team is a very personal choice. If what you want for your money is a happy player, then this is all fairly straight forward. They will let you know what they want to do. If the stakes have become higher than that, you have entered dangerous waters. Of course, that is probably why you are reading this forum.

Comment

While you're at it, its spelled it's. If you are going to be an anal perfectionist, at least be a perfect one.
                Shouldn't your first "its" be "it's"? [see bolded word]

At least you're not perfect either.

Comment

typical mps attitude. you folks are just unbelievable.
                  Sorry to disappoint, non MPS person. Spent our years with Western. So glad to out of this.

have a nice day

Comment

What was missing, actually, was the quotation marks. I was quoting your mistake. School marms shouldn't make grammatical errors when they are correcting people. Tut-tut.

Comment

mr mom and pop DOC.. stop fighting here and spewing nonsense and pump some $ into your clubs infrastructure.. if MPS "neede to win" they would merge their prem teams and create one stronger team?, no? there is a reason for thier growth and success as well as the other big clubs. and thats because parents arnt blind and want quality. they seen # of quatlity lic and game exp coaches at these clubs and not yours.. go to LAX that sport is where soccer was 20 or so years ago so you can pick up a text book and start coaching that like you did with soccer ... your destine to go back to reffing town basketball and we know that hurts but seriously the liable you spewing is just ignorant and turning more away from you guys than toward.
                      BTW..congrats on those big now and then wins[/QUOTE]

boy so defensive and a little soccer snobby, In the older age groups like bulldogs better players are brought in quite often (sometimes weekly) to see if they can desplace other players. It is not about development its about winning, always has been no matter how it is presented. I don't think that is really bad...and it results in some great soccer....quite frankly some of the coaching has been pretty spoty no matter what lic. they have...The focus has been on winning the SC, and I think this year there has been more of change to focus more on winning in U14 and above...The taking over of Aztecs, a team in a good $$ area of the state will be fun to watch....

Comment

boy so defensive and a little soccer snobby, In the older age groups like bulldogs better players are brought in quite often (sometimes weekly) to see if they can desplace other players. It is not about development its about winning, always has been no matter how it is presented. I don't think that is really bad...and it results in some great soccer....quite frankly some of the coaching has been pretty spoty no matter what lic. they have...The focus has been on winning the SC, and I think this year there has been more of change to focus more on winning in U14 and above...The taking over of Aztecs, a team in a good $$ area of the state will be fun to watch....[/QUOTE]

I have been with mps bulldogs for a few years and i have NEVER seen players brought in weekly so we have another lie being posted. State Cup success is one of many "TEAM" goals, there are also "INDIVIDUAL" goals for each player.

Tryouts are once a year in late June usually and NO ONE can be added after March 1 and still be on SYL roster so what would be the point? then State Cup roster freeze date is June 1 also so what would be the point?

The only time you could see a individual tryout would be winter training from Jan - March 1. U15 and up do not train Aug - Dec.

It would be nice if you actually had facts and told the truth when you post something.

Comment

Actually, to be correct, the poster should have put quotation marks around the first "its" since he was quoting the previous poster incorrect spelling of "it's".

Comment

Actually, to be correct, the poster should have put quotation marks around the first "its" since he was quoting the previous poster incorrect spelling of "it's".
                            exactly -- that's were I forgot to put them -- sorry!

Comment

exactly -- that's were I forgot to put them -- sorry!
                              Oops, spelled "where" as were. The life of a school marm's school marm is SO taxing!!

Comment

Oops, spelled "where" as were. The life of a school marm's school marm is SO taxing!!
                                Yes, and I should have made "poster" possessive in my previous post.

Actually, to be correct, the poster should have put quotation marks around the first "its" since he was quoting the previous poster's incorrect spelling of "it's".

Tough being human, isn't it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X