Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    True, he was a great player, but definitely an exception. And the greatest player from Newton was....really not ever a player. So in his case, case closed.
    HEY WISE GUY !

His NN HS coach is a Bolts coach
    He was recruited by a NEU coach who was a former NN player
    He was rated higher by TDS than MC from NN

Comment

HEY WISE GUY !

BUT, is he playing now?

Comment

BUT, is he playing now?
        Wow...how about we move on from this specific individual spat. Congrats to all of HS Class of 2011 whether they played 1 year or all 4 years in college....hope they are still continuing to play in a Men's League somewhere.

Comment

HEY WISE GUY !

And where is he currently playing? NO WHERE!
          Dad, put down the bottle. It's over

Comment

Nobles

Will nobles be any good this year? They graduated so many seniors.. any new good freshman?

Comment

2011 boys soccer verbal commitments

Going in with the right attitude is key - play your hardest each and every day. If it works out, great. If it doesn't it was a good experience and life moves on. Those who go in with stars in their eyes may end up very disappointed.
              Hard to believe this thread is still going, especially with the same venomous, sassy tone. It has been downright nasty at times! Loved the stats, appreciated the time and effort. We love this game of soccer and are so glad both of our boys do too. Just a small retrospect as a parent coming out the other side. The last son through the ranks played town, club (Maple, at the time, and MPS),High School, ODP-as an 11 year old -17, and finally played for the Bolts when Craig was the coach. He chose a D3 school for the fit and what the degree would yield upon graduation, and of course, to play soccer. People can say what they want about sports and college but what I know personally is that it kept our kids on track throughout college and it gave them a fine group of what will be lifetime friends. It certainly aided them in adjusting to their new environment, away from home. Yes, my son would love to play semi-pro ball still, and I don't think for a moment that going to a D3 school eliminates that possibility. What we found important is that the team be competitive. This aspect was integral in keeping their enthusiasm for the sport and playing. One mitigating factor that can impose itself is injury. I'm amazed that any soccer player can come away from playing unscathed. It's so physical. Our son had to red shirt his junior year and missed a semester of school with an injury. Thus, although a 2011, he will not officially graduate until December 2015. But graduate, he will. He is actually still playing, and yes, his team is very competitive. From all the hype about soccer and D1, D2, and D3, what did we get? Our son attends a school that without his ability to play soccer, he would not have gotten into. Not that his grades were bad, but they were just like many other honor roll students around the country. The soccer is what gave him the opportunity over the others. And he has received an excellent education, with a great group of lifelong friends. His ability to network has been enormously elevated. He already has employment with an amazing company that considers the fact that he played a team sport an asset, as he knows how to be a part of a team. as well as lead a team (2 time captain). So.... I understand the dream of player-students and their parents hoping to attend and play for a D1 school. But it is not the end of their potential to play soccer after college if they do attend a D2 or D3. They must continue to give the same effort and possess the same determination and enthusiasm that made him and you think that he could play D1 to start with. It's a lot harder than one thinks. Lots of distractions in college. The quote from above says it all.... Attitude! Players being the best? comes down to opinion and we all have one. With all the money that you and your child will put out for college, don't base it solely on the soccer. A D1 and D2 team, that is not very competitive - sucks the life out of you as a player. Watching the game from the bench sucks too, even if it's Akron. Seek a school that has a good competitive team, any level, with a solid coach, and that your child will be able to be successful in academically. If you get that, your child will enjoy the four years (which means you will too) and leaves the door open to play elsewhere after graduation (2 students , from my son's class of 2015, have gone on to play semi-pro in Europe) or enables him to receive gainful employment. We have had a blast watching them play. It not the ones that start the race-it's the ones that finish. Thanks for the memories from high school - you all played with such heart! Wishing that class of 2011 much success in the workforce and hoping you continue to play and enjoy the game.

Comment

Hard to believe this thread is still going, especially with the same venomous, sassy tone. It has been downright nasty at times! Loved the stats, appreciated the time and effort. We love this game of soccer and are so glad both of our boys do too. Just a small retrospect as a parent coming out the other side. The last son through the ranks played town, club (Maple, at the time, and MPS),High School, ODP-as an 11 year old -17, and finally played for the Bolts when Craig was the coach. He chose a D3 school for the fit and what the degree would yield upon graduation, and of course, to play soccer. People can say what they want about sports and college but what I know personally is that it kept our kids on track throughout college and it gave them a fine group of what will be lifetime friends. It certainly aided them in adjusting to their new environment, away from home. Yes, my son would love to play semi-pro ball still, and I don't think for a moment that going to a D3 school eliminates that possibility. What we found important is that the team be competitive. This aspect was integral in keeping their enthusiasm for the sport and playing. One mitigating factor that can impose itself is injury. I'm amazed that any soccer player can come away from playing unscathed. It's so physical. Our son had to red shirt his junior year and missed a semester of school with an injury. Thus, although a 2011, he will not officially graduate until December 2015. But graduate, he will. He is actually still playing, and yes, his team is very competitive. From all the hype about soccer and D1, D2, and D3, what did we get? Our son attends a school that without his ability to play soccer, he would not have gotten into. Not that his grades were bad, but they were just like many other honor roll students around the country. The soccer is what gave him the opportunity over the others. And he has received an excellent education, with a great group of lifelong friends. His ability to network has been enormously elevated. He already has employment with an amazing company that considers the fact that he played a team sport an asset, as he knows how to be a part of a team. as well as lead a team (2 time captain). So.... I understand the dream of player-students and their parents hoping to attend and play for a D1 school. But it is not the end of their potential to play soccer after college if they do attend a D2 or D3. They must continue to give the same effort and possess the same determination and enthusiasm that made him and you think that he could play D1 to start with. It's a lot harder than one thinks. Lots of distractions in college. The quote from above says it all.... Attitude! Players being the best? comes down to opinion and we all have one. With all the money that you and your child will put out for college, don't base it solely on the soccer. A D1 and D2 team, that is not very competitive - sucks the life out of you as a player. Watching the game from the bench sucks too, even if it's Akron. Seek a school that has a good competitive team, any level, with a solid coach, and that your child will be able to be successful in academically. If you get that, your child will enjoy the four years (which means you will too) and leaves the door open to play elsewhere after graduation (2 students , from my son's class of 2015, have gone on to play semi-pro in Europe) or enables him to receive gainful employment. We have had a blast watching them play. It not the ones that start the race-it's the ones that finish. Thanks for the memories from high school - you all played with such heart! Wishing that class of 2011 much success in the workforce and hoping you continue to play and enjoy the game.

This is very helpful to me (my son a sophomore in HS ). Thank you!! Really appreciate you taking the time to share your wisdom with such a thoughtful post.

Comment

spot on and well said.

Comment

charmdate scam

painstaking computer to finally whole lot escape

Saudi chef's Noura Almoammar (m) applies the last variations with a specific platter in advance of when business at the lady recently popped healthy food choices cafe Dayem O Amer, DOA all over Jeddah, Saudi arabic, february. 20, 2018. Noura actually a daughter of a former Saudi queen. with your ex wife turn spouse and children members provider, together with in an exceptional exercise for an individual connected with the lady's social sources, your woman want because of somewhat as soon as possible to get you started an impartial top notch company in a contrasting line of business. lindsay exercised about the Cordon Blondonu instruction gastronomy together with been effective charmdate scam big in establishments. Noura wanted to combine the woman love for cooking, throwing persons together with industrial implementation in creating fix lacking well balanced meals in Jeddah. Noura opened thes restaurant DOA (A Saudi Arabic concept symbolism sturdy and consequently making the most of fully) With a friend at comfortable original in feb 2018.

Saudi engineer Eman Joharji between your partner designs at boutique by using Jeddah, Saudi arabia in relation to feb. 21, 2018. Joharji setup beautifying her very own physical games Abayas (Tradional dunkle hide damaged courtesy of - the opposite sex within beach locations) to satisfy your lover and allies has to have a far more for worthwhile dress-up costume which would complement traditionalistic the character arabia of Saudi the necessity of and to practice women includes in the garden. my girl originated by means of growing start go with this kind of CHArmDate SCAM clothes why made certain females wants sports stuff, trot and rehearse regardless of the function and they wished-for without having encouraging disapproval using the pavement. your darling business concern produced by recommendation and she or he today provides many visitors in and out of the kingdom and transforms the customarily dunkle Abaya ideal gorgeous, cool and a lot more convenient product with regard to truly feel they demand it. the entire masterpieces the blueprints are not only seen for sports activities activities additionally sophisticated, padded, and / or maybe stop mosquito wedding outfits made with various wash cloth products brought on by cotton to man made fiber. several grouped Saudi the ladies planning to get familiar with the initial incorporated marathon get wanted fashions in addition to Joharji is most departed about the chance.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X