Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You fciac fans will not give it rest. Always picking stats to demonstrate fciac dominance. By the way, if you want to compare fciac to ccc, but take Glastonbury out of the equation, shouldn't you also take Trumbull and/or Ridgefield out too? oh, right, that would weaken you argument.

FYI - your last sentence makes no sense
    No, we would still have Wilton, Staples, Westhill, Fairfield and STJ, all of whom have Won the big school title.

Comment

No, we would still have Wilton, Staples, Westhill, Fairfield and STJ, all of whom have Won the big school title.
      Good for you!

The CCC would still have "big school title" winners Simsbury, Southington, Windsor and Manchester. One less team.

You specifically focus on the "big schools", but during the "open" era, where all schools played in one tournament, which most would argue was harder, the CCC won all of those and with the addition of one school not named above.

I know it will take you some time, so we don't expect an immediate response, but I am confident you come up with some other metric that puts your beloved fciac in a better light than all others. Take your time.

Comment

You can't have Glastonbury. They have won so many games against the FCIAC the past 5-6 years you might as well count them as a member of the conference. So there...FCIAC has all the LL State Championships

Comment

Good for you!

The CCC would still have "big school title" winners Simsbury, Southington, Windsor and Manchester. One less team.

You specifically focus on the "big schools", but during the "open" era, where all schools played in one tournament, which most would argue was harder, the CCC won all of those and with the addition of one school not named above.

I know it will take you some time, so we don't expect an immediate response, but I am confident you come up with some other metric that puts your beloved fciac in a better light than all others. Take your time.
          When? The 70s? None of those schools have done sheet recently

Comment

You fciac fans will not give it rest. Always picking stats to demonstrate fciac dominance. By the way, if you want to compare fciac to ccc, but take Glastonbury out of the equation, shouldn't you also take Trumbull and/or Ridgefield out too? oh, right, that would weaken you argument.

FYI - your last sentence makes no sense
            Let me break it down for you. You probably were a poetry major at vassar.

If you only make up 40% of the LL school population but you are state finalist 60% of the time, you are over performing. All things considered, you would expect that on average, fciac should only make up 40%, which is proportional to the percent they make up of the total population in class LL. By default, someone has to be below average, because it is a zero sum game.

Maybe you should have taken a Stats course instead of Film 266-Asian horror. A real course by the way.

Comment

Let me break it down for you. You probably were a poetry major at vassar.

If you only make up 40% of the LL school population but you are state finalist 60% of the time, you are over performing. All things considered, you would expect that on average, fciac should only make up 40%, which is proportional to the percent they make up of the total population in class LL. By default, someone has to be below average, because it is a zero sum game.

Maybe you should have taken a Stats course instead of Film 266-Asian horror. A real course by the way.
              80% of the rest of LL outside of FC are urban schools not noted for soccer (or anything these days) ..... their best athletes now go to magnet or prep schools or other schools of choice. It stands to reason that a densely populated, rich area with a high percentage of large schools should do well. If you look at it under that light, they are probably severely underperforming.

Comment

80% of the rest of LL outside of FC are urban schools not noted for soccer (or anything these days) ..... their best athletes now go to magnet or prep schools or other schools of choice. It stands to reason that a densely populated, rich area with a high percentage of large schools should do well. If you look at it under that light, they are probably severely underperforming.
                So all the ccc schools are now urban schools not known for soccer. Swc as well right.

Thought it was the best conf in the state. So now you admit, there really is no competition in the ccc and thus the few non urban schools in the ccc undeservingly get high seeds in the tournament and byes because their win total is high, while the best teams have to play each other early and eliminate themselves.

Thanks for circling back and proving my point

Comment

So all the ccc schools are now urban schools not known for soccer. Swc as well right.

Thought it was the best conf in the state. So now you admit, there really is no competition in the ccc and thus the few non urban schools in the ccc undeservingly get high seeds in the tournament and byes because their win total is high, while the best teams have to play each other early and eliminate themselves.

Most of CCC is L and M.

Comment

Most of CCC is L and M.
                    And none have been able to beat a small catholic school

Comment

What does that comment have to do with the conversation? We are talking about LL schools. Keep up, a hole.

Comment

Umm...big difference a small catholic school that recruits players illegally through his own club. Huge advantage and so illegal.

Comment

Where was it said CCC is the best conference?

The only bragging going on comes from the fciac! Some may respond to fciac fanatics, but I haven't seen the level of braggadocio emanating from fciac from any others.

There may be folks pointing out this team or that team did well, but the only ones laying claim to best this and that are from fciac. And it is constant and every year!

Comment

Umm...big difference a small catholic school that recruits players illegally through his own club. Huge advantage and so illegal.
                            But I thought YU sucked- how could they be kicking your azz with lowly NPal players? I thought all the good players were at CFC United and OW
                            Still can't figure out your illegal part,

Comment

IMH? Or stjs?

Comment

But I thought YU sucked- how could they be kicking your azz with lowly NPal players? I thought all the good players were at CFC United and OW
                                Still can't figure out your illegal part,
                                There aren't even that many YU players at StJ. Not sure what school that guy is talking about

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X