Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OMG enough on DA....... Any surprises with the limited game schedule last week? What are the key matchups this week?
    Good lord what are you talking about? This is a HS thread, why not keep the DA whining over there?

Comment

Good lord what are you talking about? This is a HS thread, why not keep the DA whining over there?
      ???? Exactly. What are you talking about? My point was that we have heard enough about the DA and trying to get the HS thread revitalized. The question was about HS games last week and this week. Not sure how you missed my point but OK.

Comment

???? Exactly. What are you talking about? My point was that we have heard enough about the DA and trying to get the HS thread revitalized. The question was about HS games last week and this week. Not sure how you missed my point but OK.
        But this is a HS thread. You quoted something about the HS season and referenced DA so it was an odd connection

If you didn’t want to talk about DA you don't need to. If you want to talk about HS you are welcome to. Copying a post and connecting the two was what I questioned .

You can just ask a question and the thread will be instantly revitalized and it stays on topic to boot.

Comment

But this is a HS thread. You quoted something about the HS season and referenced DA so it was an odd connection

If you didn’t want to talk about DA you don't need to. If you want to talk about HS you are welcome to. Copying a post and connecting the two was what I questioned .

You can just ask a question and the thread will be instantly revitalized and it stays on topic to boot.
          Lol. Ok Professor. I didn’t read the guidelines. Forget I asked. Please continue back on the DA thread. Oops I did it again.

Comment

Londonderry Girls and Bow Girls Dominate

Checking scores it looks like Bow made an impressive statement against Oyster River. Thought Oyster River had a good squad going into the season so that makes the final score interesting.

Londonderry crushed Memorial. They have gifted players and should be tough to beat this year.

Comment

Checking scores it looks like Bow made an impressive statement against Oyster River. Thought Oyster River had a good squad going into the season so that makes the final score interesting.

Londonderry crushed Memorial. They have gifted players and should be tough to beat this year.
              I usually try to discount any scores once you get about 3-4. Teams give up, or are trying to desperately to get back into they leave the back end exposed.

But, you cannot discount how impressive it likely was for them to build that 3-4 lead in the first place.

I haven't seen them in action, but know they get press Nationally. How would Bow do, honestly, in DI? I only ask so I can visualize how they are vs. teams I know.

Comment

Bow

My opinion, and I get to see a lot of games, is that Bow would be a top 10 - 12 team but not a top 5. They would hold own against teams like Alvirne, Nashua South, Timberlane but could not compete against the likes of Bedford or Exeter.

Those games would likely be 4 or 5 - 0 in my opinion. But they certainly are a great example of a smaller school consistently turning out great soccer from a smaller pool. The bigger schools just have that much more access to more athletes. So the speed and the physicality of the game is at a higher level.

Comment

My opinion, and I get to see a lot of games, is that Bow would be a top 10 - 12 team but not a top 5. They would hold own against teams like Alvirne, Nashua South, Timberlane but could not compete against the likes of Bedford or Exeter.

Those games would likely be 4 or 5 - 0 in my opinion. But they certainly are a great example of a smaller school consistently turning out great soccer from a smaller pool. The bigger schools just have that much more access to more athletes. So the speed and the physicality of the game is at a higher level.
                  Thank you. I am a Large School snob, admittedly, so your take is appreciated.

Comment

I usually try to discount any scores once you get about 3-4. Teams give up, or are trying to desperately to get back into they leave the back end exposed.

But, you cannot discount how impressive it likely was for them to build that 3-4 lead in the first place.

I haven't seen them in action, but know they get press Nationally. How would Bow do, honestly, in DI? I only ask so I can visualize how they are vs. teams I know.
                    Bow girls would compete for a top 6 or 7 spot in DI no question. They might even give a team like Concord or Exeter a game. Oyster River scrimmaged Winnacunnet and Exeter in pre season and stayed with them so if you use that as indicators - then Bow could beat Exeter.

Comment

Bow girls would compete for a top 6 or 7 spot in DI no question. They might even give a team like Concord or Exeter a game. Oyster River scrimmaged Winnacunnet and Exeter in pre season and stayed with them so if you use that as indicators - then Bow could beat Exeter.
                      Not sure pre-season is a great indicator. Who was the best D1 team Oyster River played pre-season?

Comment

OMG enough on DA....... Any surprises with the limited game schedule last week? What are the key matchups this week?
                        Yes. Let's discuss HS, and not DA. How's Londonderry looking?

Oh.

Comment

HS girls

In some years Bow would definitely compete with a Concord. They are up and down. But no way with Exeter. You can't ever go by how they scrimmage as they have so many moving parts. Consistently they have the largest pool of players. Mostly trained with Seacoast. I think it would be a respectable game but I agree probably 4 or 5 to 0.

I also agree that Bow is most likely a middle of the pack D1 school.

Comment

In some years Bow would definitely compete with a Concord. They are up and down. But no way with Exeter. You can't ever go by how they scrimmage as they have so many moving parts. Consistently they have the largest pool of players. Mostly trained with Seacoast. I think it would be a respectable game but I agree probably 4 or 5 to 0.

I also agree that Bow is most likely a middle of the pack D1 school.
                            So Windham went 2-0 with Exeter tonight... and you think Bow can't compete with Exeter. Bow handled Windham with consistency every year in DII.

Comment

Another great piece of NH soccer officials making bad calls:

So reading the Concord monitor today - In The Pembroke vs Coe Brown game a PK was awarded and the goalie saved the pk but the same player who took the pk followed the rebound and scored. The article said the CBNA coaches argued the call which was allowed to stand. Pretty sure the player taking the pk can’t be the next player to touch the ball - kind of a well known rule in soccer

Comment

Another great piece of NH soccer officials making bad calls:

So reading the Concord monitor today - In The Pembroke vs Coe Brown game a PK was awarded and the goalie saved the pk but the same player who took the pk followed the rebound and scored. The article said the CBNA coaches argued the call which was allowed to stand. Pretty sure the player taking the pk can’t be the next player to touch the ball - kind of a well known rule in soccer
                                Really? You are wrong. Officials were corrects After the strike, the goalkeeper “touched” the ball so any player can then follow up, including the original kicker.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X