2004 ECNL girls left TBU?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is simple. WFF has DA which gives them better acces to US scouts and college recruiters. No spin necessary and anyone that is familiar knows these were not players that were being replaced and I am sure no discounts were given. Common sense would tell you that having CW, SS, and access to the opportunities that DA offers would be the necessary ingredients to make top players jump ship.

Comment

2 of us live in Brandon and WFF DA has almost the same level as soccer as TBU ECNL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        That is bc there were none.
        TBU lost some good 04s.
        It is what it is. No spin.
        The team had a quality head coach that took a womens college soccer head coaching position mid-season. Congrats to him but the team bounced around to whatever coach was available after he left. Some families didn't like that and left. Good Luck and best wishes. Two very high quality DPs joined the team (from GA). This team will be absolutely fine going forward

Comment

High quality DPs from Georgia, lol. Why are they driving all of the way Tampa? There are no quality programs in Georgia? (Tophat, Concorde) or North Florida (Armada, USA)? One has to wonder how good they are.

Comment

It is simple. WFF has DA which gives them better acces to US scouts and college recruiters. No spin necessary and anyone that is familiar knows these were not players that were being replaced and I am sure no discounts were given. Common sense would tell you that having CW, SS, and access to the opportunities that DA offers would be the necessary ingredients to make top players jump ship.
            It's all good. TBU will welcome they back when they realize they will not get recruited to any quality colleges playing at J.C. Hand-Me.

Comment

I fully understand your point, but the fact of the matter is that about 4 or 5 did actually leave TBUs 04 ECNL team to join WFF.
              If it really is 4 or 5 TBU ECNL girls heading to WFF's GDA, it makes you wonder how weak that WFF roster was before the TBU girls showed up? They could just absorb 4 or 5 girls, existing roster must have been very thin....

Comment

I heard Yo-Yo offered them to play at WFF "all expenses paid" so they will pay nothing to play at WFF. You get what you pay for. Good luck with that. Short sighted parents. WFF can dupe the parents of younger children. Any of the parents that have been around the sport for a few years know that there are drastic differences between the two clubs. Should have talked to some of the parents of older players (at both clubs).
                If there is any truth to this then Yo-Yo has some explaing to do. He told us everyone has to pay the "full freight" at WFF GDA. I'm digging into this.

Comment

If there is any truth to this then Yo-Yo has some explaing to do. He told us everyone has to pay the "full freight" at WFF GDA. I'm digging into this.
                  YY is still there?
                  I thought he was regulated to cleaning up JC Hand Me?

Comment

If it really is 4 or 5 TBU ECNL girls heading to WFF's GDA, it makes you wonder how weak that WFF roster was before the TBU girls showed up? They could just absorb 4 or 5 girls, existing roster must have been very thin....
                    Yes, It was pretty weak. Some 05s that will play their normal age group next year, a couple girls that didn’t belong on the roster in the first place, and losing 2 Girls to ACL tears didn’t help.

Comment

The team had a quality head coach that took a womens college soccer head coaching position mid-season. Congrats to him but the team bounced around to whatever coach was available after he left. Some families didn't like that and left. Good Luck and best wishes. Two very high quality DPs joined the team (from GA). This team will be absolutely fine going forward
                      They found out that AB was going to coach them and the 03 team. That would be enough to scare some families off with his track record of not showing up and giving up o his teams.

Comment

Yes, It was pretty weak. Some 05s that will play their normal age group next year, a couple girls that didn’t belong on the roster in the first place, and losing 2 Girls to ACL tears didn’t help.
                        That 04 GDA team at WFF was pretty awful.
                        Had some injuries, but overall the talent was fairly bleak.
                        The new girls will add some much needed juice to that 04 team. They need it.

Comment

That 04 GDA team at WFF was pretty awful.
                          Had some injuries, but overall the talent was fairly bleak.
                          The new girls will add some much needed juice to that 04 team. They need it.
                          There is some talent on that team, but the infusion from TBU was absolutely needed.

Comment

Shame that TBU lost some players on the 04 team. I thought that TBU team was the only Florida team that might give the 04 OC ECNL team much competition.

Comment

Shame that TBU lost some players on the 04 team. I thought that TBU team was the only Florida team that might give the 04 OC ECNL team much competition.
                              TBU will re-load. Talent flocking to that club.

Comment

So some families pay $0 and some famiies pay $10,000 only to steal kids that have been properly developed by TBU?

Doesn't seem right....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X