Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The state of travel soccer

In our area some travel programs seem to be upping their game and doing a good job and making great effort at offering quality programs to youth soccer players, like Norwalk, Trumbull and Fairfield. Some other towns seem to be declining and some falling off a cliff. Why so?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In our area some travel programs seem to be upping their game and doing a good job and making great effort at offering quality programs to youth soccer players, like Norwalk, Trumbull and Fairfield. Some other towns seem to be declining and some falling off a cliff. Why so?
    Both Norwalk and FUSA have had very good travel programs for years. Nothing new there. They also have very large player pools to choose from

As it relates to Trumbull better organization and coaching

In general I have seen travel in my town keep more of their better players longer. Players are as quick to jump on the premier bandwagon. With my third kid going through it feels a lot different than the first two

Comment

Both Norwalk and FUSA have had very good travel programs for years. Nothing new there. They also have very large player pools to choose from

In general I have seen travel in my town keep more of their better players longer. Players are as quick to jump on the premier bandwagon. With my third kid going through it feels a lot different than the first two

travel is dead in our area or near dead. About 7 years ago our town was taken over by a know nothing board member who has squeezed the life out of opportunity in town. Every kid gets trophy and his small group of parents who also know zippo about game are the coaches ( a few washed up ex coaches too) and they have turned away really great families. That's teh state of affairs where we live

Comment

Westport is doing well.

Comment

Stratford is a good size town and travel is not doing good.

Comment

travel is dead in our area or near dead. About 7 years ago our town was taken over by a know nothing board member who has squeezed the life out of opportunity in town. Every kid gets trophy and his small group of parents who also know zippo about game are the coaches ( a few washed up ex coaches too) and they have turned away really great families. That's teh state of affairs where we live
            Better organization and coaching is key. A bad board can derail a program for years

Comment

Better organization and coaching is key. A bad board can derail a program for years

bad board is where we are at. What a zero this guy is. Total clown.

Comment

bad board is where we are at. What a zero this guy is. Total clown.
                Us too, but we have a whole circus of clowns, not just one. They are in it for their kids and their kids' friends and the teams that they have now formed. Out to win from day one. No soccer learning happening in our town, but everyone is ecstatic as long as their kids are on the "A" team!

Comment

So true! Ours was declining fast but a new board came in and has really turned things around. Yes the better players leave for clubs, as they should. But I'm seeing more of the 2nd tier kids staying, or if they try club they come back after a year or two. We have a middle sized high school, so there's some really good club players, a few weaker ones and the rest travel/good athletes. Many towns need that combination because they're not blessed with size and depth of talent

Comment

Is it true West Hartford is going the Simsbury model and making families choose Travel or Premier??

Comment

What happened with the Glastonbury partnership with the Revolution? Haven't heard much more of it outside of a camp in the summer.

Comment

So true! Ours was declining fast but a new board came in and has really turned things around. Yes the better players leave for clubs, as they should. But I'm seeing more of the 2nd tier kids staying, or if they try club they come back after a year or two. We have a middle sized high school, so there's some really good club players, a few weaker ones and the rest travel/good athletes. Many towns need that combination because they're not blessed with size and depth of talent
                        We are seeing the same but some of the top tier talent is staying too. A few of that top tier are multiple sport players and travel gives some flexibility. A good coach helps to keep them motivated and developing too.

Interesting to see what plays out in later years for little one. This was same year that my older kids travel team imploded

Comment

We are seeing the same but some of the top tier talent is staying too. A few of that top tier are multiple sport players and travel gives some flexibility. A good coach helps to keep them motivated and developing too.

Interesting to see what plays out in later years for little one. This was same year that my older kids travel team imploded
                          I agree I think travel can come in and turn things around , and send all these fake premiers that just want to rob our money. Good coaching and good board is all that is needed. Why pay the kind of money we have been paying for premier when all is needed is to get travel to start a premier program. I’m sure town premier will be 10x more cheaper as well.

Comment

I agree I think travel can come in and turn things around , and send all these fake premiers that just want to rob our money. Good coaching and good board is all that is needed. Why pay the kind of money we have been paying for premier when all is needed is to get travel to start a premier program. I’m sure town premier will be 10x more cheaper as well.
                            I bet you wish you could still get a dial up modem too u old fart

Comment

I bet you wish you could still get a dial up modem too u old fart
                              Old fart really , where do you come up with your come backs, dial up modem because I said we shouldn’t be paying for premier soccer if travel had premier already. Your just lame. Must be a owner of a pop up to be so salty. Hey why don’t you suck my left nut n make the right one jealous.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X