Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ( usually NOT from people associated with the 2 kids) better check your facts.
    my facts are fine. mostly they hype their own kids, not the team.

Comment

Good luck to ALL the clubs playing in playoffs for both ECNL and GDA/DA from Ct.
      Leave the chest puffing and calling out kids personally. It's going to take teamwork and focus to finish the season off and make the state proud. GOOD LUCK kids and clubs!

Comment

I’m an FSA parent and respect the hell out of what they have in this group. Yes, they have two special players but don’t you think other top teams have really good players?

They don’t really conced goals which means they have a great back line and GK (stole from FSA).

The team is really good and is accomplishing things nationally that we never see.

Let me guess your kid is really good but decided to play on another team for less travel or to focus on the track team. Please
        Players aren't stolen. They leave for a reason. In this case FSA was the reason.

Comment

Yes, good luck to OW, you guys are in the toughest group!
          -NYCFC

Comment

Yes, good luck to OW, you guys are in the toughest group!
            -NYCFC
            Even good luck to you Mr Troll. NY is close enough to get some Ct love.....But jus a tiny bit

Comment

which is why all the chest thumping ( usually NOT from people associated with the 2 kids) is hard to understand. The team success id not going to change the trajectory of the players on the team. All the "my team is great" stuff is basically saying, we lucked into a couple of difference makers and you didn't.

When/if the difference makers leave the entire complexion of a team changes.

Focus on your kid.
              No affiliation with this team, but I have seen them play (same club). It isn’t the first team to have 2 very good players. CFC has a team a few years ago with 2 excellent players, both of whom are currently in the NT at their older ages. The team they were on was good, but not elite. The difference with the current team is that the rest of the team is strong as well. Maybe not as strong, but strong enough to lift the level of play from good to very good. I’m rooting for them and all the CT teams to do well this week, knowing full well it takes a lot of things to fall your way to advance out of a group. I would say odds are against any of them advancing, but I hope they all do.

Comment

No affiliation with this team, but I have seen them play (same club). It isn’t the first team to have 2 very good players. CFC has a team a few years ago with 2 excellent players, both of whom are currently in the NT at their older ages. The team they were on was good, but not elite. The difference with the current team is that the rest of the team is strong as well. Maybe not as strong, but strong enough to lift the level of play from good to very good. I’m rooting for them and all the CT teams to do well this week, knowing full well it takes a lot of things to fall your way to advance out of a group. I would say odds are against any of them advancing, but I hope they all do.
                I guess the point for me is the quality of teammates etc really has little to no significant bearing on anything that pertains to my kid getting better.

Sure its great to win, but in reality the cost/benefits of all these far flung "championships" is limited.

Comment

I guess the point for me is the quality of teammates etc really has little to no significant bearing on anything that pertains to my kid getting better.

Sure its great to win, but in reality the cost/benefits of all these far flung "championships" is limited.
                  Your kid plays against those quality teammates far more than anyone else at practice
                  You get better at practice- you find out how much better in games

Comment

Your kid plays against those quality teammates far more than anyone else at practice
                    You get better at practice- you find out how much better in games
                    Depends on how your team practices and with whom

Comment

for me it's the quality of the Milfs on the sidelines and under the bleachers

Comment

“knowing full well it takes a lot of things to fall your way to advance out of a group.” Not sure what this means actually? Like...playing well and getting results against the other teams in the games that you’re playing in?

Comment

CFC 02 with a comfortable 3-1 win today, it’s scary how good this team is

Comment

Quick post from the hotel bar before bed, Dad?

Comment

It’s scary how they revolve upon 1 player and a great GK. One superstar and a bunch of good players.

Comment

“knowing full well it takes a lot of things to fall your way to advance out of a group.” Not sure what this means actually? Like...playing well and getting results against the other teams in the games that you’re playing in?
                                Like staying healthy, getting a couple of calls to go your way...etc. Jerkweed

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X