X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed 100%.

I already know of some who can't wait to sign up.....
    Our NPL teams can’t beat BBA’s NPL (2nd team) so now we’re supposed to go compete with their 1st team??? Yeah, let’s go pay and travel twice as much to get our butts kicked, or worse beat crappy DA teams in Long Island! I am struggling to see the upside, Other than to my ego just to say my kid is on a DA team. 😡

Comment

Of the SU NPL teams right now you have 16 commitments to colleges on the girls side - 8 are from NH the others are Maine and Massachusetts kids.

7 DI commitments, 2 DII commitments, and 7 DIII commitments. https://sportsrecruits.com/committed/seacoastunitedg

This is NOT GDA level talent.

So what's the motivation? Draw girls out of GPS and back from MA clubs to play for them. Plain and simple.

Its no secret right now that the girls side of NPL is not competing very well. So (IMO) this is a risky move to draw the top level talent out of GPS and MA to play for SU.

Comment

Of the SU NPL teams right now you have 16 commitments to colleges on the girls side - 8 are from NH the others are Maine and Massachusetts kids.

7 DI commitments, 2 DII commitments, and 7 DIII commitments. https://sportsrecruits.com/committed/seacoastunitedg

So what's the motivation? Draw girls out of GPS and back from MA clubs to play for them. Plain and simple.

Its no secret right now that the girls side of NPL is not competing very well. So (IMO) this is a risky move to draw the top level talent out of GPS and MA to play for SU.
        54th ranked team in region 1 - this will be hard to do with the current roster. I agree with you - they will NEED to pull talent from GPS and FC if they want to compete.

Comment

There isn't much viable girl talent left from GPS to get. And, from what I understand there is no interest from MA kids to come back.

Comment

It's risky under the best circumstances and announcing at the end of May seems like it will be impossible. For next season, who is going to jump ship at the last minute to come play for an unknown team? If anyone, maybe bottom of the roster players who aren't getting minutes. Maybe no one. That leaves the current NPL players to fill in the roster. "Best" case scenario, a roster made up of bottom of the roster players from other clubs and NPL players, worst case, entire rosters made up of NPL level players. Either way sounds like a mess. Can't wait to hear what they're charging for this amazing opportunity!

Comment

There isn't much viable girl talent left from GPS to get. And, from what I understand there is no interest from MA kids to come back.
              BBA GDA already took the rest of the interested GPS players for next year. Those rosters are set. How seacoast intends to build a GDA team at the end of May when the top players are already wrapped up for next year, is beyond me. So they are either banking on all the current NPL players to agree to move to DA, or they are hoping for a bunch of unicorns to show up at open tryouts. Basically though next year will be a disaster for both GDA or NPL no matter what happens. Unless everyone on the NPL rosters decline, and they have to renig on the GDA.

Comment

BBA GDA already took the rest of the interested GPS players for next year. Those rosters are set. How seacoast intends to build a GDA team at the end of May when the top players are already wrapped up for next year, is beyond me. So they are either banking on all the current NPL players to agree to move to DA, or they are hoping for a bunch of unicorns to show up at open tryouts. Basically though next year will be a disaster for both GDA or NPL no matter what happens. Unless everyone on the NPL rosters decline, and they have to renig on the GDA.
                Half our NPL roster really shouldn't even consider GDA from commitment level. Hard enough time getting them to commit now. Of the remaining, half of those should be sniffing GDA.

So, the result will be to decimate an NPL team and put in a sh!tty GDA team.

Comment

Half our NPL roster really shouldn't even consider GDA from commitment level. Hard enough time getting them to commit now. Of the remaining, half of those should be sniffing GDA.

So, the result will be to decimate an NPL team and put in a sh!tty GDA team.
                  If they are having a hard time committing now wait until either (depending on age we are talking about)..... a) They get to HS and see the freedom, boys, other activities and/or b) for those already in HS, start getting jobs, more focus on boyfriends, proms, thinking about college and whether or not their future plans work with focusing on their "hobby" of soccer, academics, etc....

This will be interesting. Been there, done that.... (Parent with older children)

Comment

Honest question (not critical), does anyone know why this announcement is being made so late in the season (relatively late). Details just nailed out, offer just made for Seacoast to join, etc? Just curious if anyone knows?

Comment

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I think most Seacoast girls and their families considered NPL top of the line for them. If they wanted the added travel and expense, they went down to MA. Those that didn't stayed here and played NPL. Has the demographic changed enough that those families are now willing to pay more and travel? I know I'm not.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I think most Seacoast girls and their families considered NPL top of the line for them. If they wanted the added travel and expense, they went down to MA. Those that didn't stayed here and played NPL. Has the demographic changed enough that those families are now willing to pay more and travel? I know I'm not.
                        I think this sums up our feelings. We considered the trips to MA and felt we could get what we needed right here.

They dynamics have changed now with the pending drop in quality, so signing up for other tryouts we have done. Of course, it's way too late for that so fully expect we are holding the bag on this now.

Comment

This will affect GPS too. There will be families that leave for DA as well.

Comment

This will affect GPS too. There will be families that leave for DA as well.
                            Doubtful. Maybe at the oldest ages, but at the younger they unofficially abandoned the girls program.

Comment

Doubtful. Maybe at the oldest ages, but at the younger they unofficially abandoned the girls program.
                              I guess that depends on which side you find yourself on (not that there are really "sides", but you get the idea). Seacoast has always been known for focusing more on the girls, so I guess we will see how this goes for them.

Comment

One issue nobody has discussed yet is girls giving up their HS teams to play. I think we are underestimating their desire to play for their HS teams & be with their friends if the programs are good. I think some girls capable of playing GDA will stay playing their HS programs. If anything the girls on bad HS programs will leave to play GDA.

Girls and boys are different about these things. I can see my daughter choosing to stay with her HS program over playing GDA because her two best friends play too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X