Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nope. they have multiple teams littered all over state with only 2 good ones: 07 CFC Arsenal in fairfield county and 07 CFC North Wolves sky team in Windsor. The other 07 CFC teams suck. 07 wolves sky team is their top team and came close to last. But what you see is what you get. CFC United at U14 is all good CFC players combined.
    Actually, I dont think they are "united" until U15 and even then, it is not just the kids from their branches .... much of their wheat then comes in from other clubs because their branches mostly generate a ton of chaff.

Comment

Actually, I dont think they are "united" until U15 and even then, it is not just the kids from their branches .... much of their wheat then comes in from other clubs because their branches mostly generate a ton of chaff.
      They unite at U14 adn their U13s are from just one branch so they tend not to do well. Most years probably 2/3s of a united squad comes from CFC, the rest from elsewhere. Outside players have a better chance of making their NPL teams. Parents try to get their kids into the system a year or so before United, preferably Arsenal which sends the most players to United.

from ct

Comment

They unite at U14 adn their U13s are from just one branch so they tend not to do well. Most years probably 2/3s of a united squad comes from CFC, the rest from elsewhere. Outside players have a better chance of making their NPL teams. Parents try to get their kids into the system a year or so before United, preferably Arsenal which sends the most players to United.

from ct
        And by "Unite" at U14, the just promote the team that branch team that was annointed at U13 (which is now always their Arsenal team from Fairfield County) and they change 2 or 3 players. At U15, they shake it up a bit more.

Comment

And by "Unite" at U14, the just promote the team that branch team that was annointed at U13 (which is now always their Arsenal team from Fairfield County) and they change 2 or 3 players. At U15, they shake it up a bit more.
          No not really.

ct poster

Comment

No not really.

ct poster
            No, it really is ... another CT poster. The old model had no shake-ups. Their newer and more successful model calls for replacing many of the kids their branches failed to train.

Comment

Going into U13 next year where are the regional teams based?

I know Select AP is in Hingham, NEFC NPL is in Mendon and I believe Stars is in Lancaster but where are the rest of these combined teams?

Comment

In order of where the best players will be:

Stars ECNL- Lancaster
                NEFC- Mendon
                Scorpions ECNL- Taunton
                Spirit of Liverpool- Worcester area
                Select- Hingham
                FCUSA- Canton/Weymouth/Kingston
                GPS Boston- Several metrowest locations
                Liverpool FC- Plymouth
                WUP- Way, Way West

NEFC/Stars/Scorpoions are the only three 2007 teams with access to DA/ECNL. Nothing else really worth looking at for U13 if you have a top end player.

Comment

In order of where the best players will be:

Stars ECNL- Lancaster
                  NEFC- Mendon
                  Scorpions ECNL- Taunton
                  Spirit of Liverpool- Worcester area
                  Select- Hingham
                  FCUSA- Canton/Weymouth/Kingston
                  GPS Boston- Several metrowest locations
                  Liverpool FC- Plymouth
                  WUP- Way, Way West

NEFC/Stars/Scorpoions are the only three 2007 teams with access to DA/ECNL. Nothing else really worth looking at for U13 if you have a top end player.
                  How is Scorpions #3????? I agree about the competition but the talent isn't there

Comment

How is Scorpions #3????? I agree about the competition but the talent isn't there
                    Completely agree... Scorpions is not strong at this age...

Also--to the person asking where regional teams are based--I believe the GPS MA Red team for 2007 practices in Newton...

Comment

Explain to me how you can argue the talent isn't there, they haven't even combined age groups yet! If basing it on the current regional teams doesn't merit anything, you do realize they have a pre-ecnl team that doesn't play in the NEP, right.

Comment

Reading comprehension: "In order of where the best players will be"

It's a projection based on kids wanting access to upper leagues (Scorpions) and some clubs combing regions that have not yet done so (FCUSA).

Comment

Reading comprehension: "In order of where the best players will be"

It's a projection based on kids wanting access to upper leagues (Scorpions) and some clubs combing regions that have not yet done so (FCUSA).
                          What would you base that projection on? The 06 that can't win a game? Fred burned the younger groups program down and now he's trying to rebuild the u littles Do you understand how projections work?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2398386]What would you base that projection on? The 06 that can't win a game? Fred burned the younger groups program down and now he's trying to rebuild the u littles Do you understand how projections

You nervous????

Comment

Interested in scorpions ECNL where do they practice and where are their home games played?

Comment

What would you base that projection on? The 06 that can't win a game? Fred burned the younger groups program down and now he's trying to rebuild the u littles Do you understand how projections work?
                                Record is a bit deceptive on the Scorps 2006 ECNL team. Yes, 1W-6-L-1D, but they were in every game and were only -7GD on the season. Worst loss in any game was by only 2 goals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X