Leaving Team

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call FYSA. They will let you know the real answer. Never have I heard in the ten years my kid has been playing that you would or could be held responsible for any tournament fees or coaches travel costs. Only club fees and maybe a release fee. But like other poster said, look at the copy of your agreement. If nothing states coaches expenses, tournents, etc then pay your fees and ask for release. If they don't let you call FYSA and report them and demand your release.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Way to be a team player. Your kid made a commitment, other players at tryouts were turned away, you should be ashamed of yourself. Teaching your kid its ok to quit on their team is quite the life lesson learned. Keep up the good work Mom/dad.
      You keep up the work Mom/dad!!! Sticking it out a season when your kid is miserable is only going to make them resentful towards you and more importantly it will make them hate the sport. Do you live with your kid, because I live with mine and as a parent all I want is for my kids to be happy. That is what makes me happy!! Life is too short and there will be much more adversity in there lives when they are older why expose them to it now! You may wind up destroying your relationship with them. There are times when sticking it out is the best option, but if your kid is telling you now they are not happy, then go because it will only get worse.

Comment

talking soccer

If we leave our current team, are we still responsible for paying tournament fees and coach expenses for the rest of the season? we have already paid the club fee and know that is not refundable.
        Leave and stop all payments. Sue them for false representation. Sue coach for abuse.

Comment

Unless you have just been blatently lied to, leaving is an awful option. the grass is never greener and leaving when things dont go your way sets an awful precedent. It's not even September and you're quitting? Sounds like the team is better off without the kid. I feel sorry for this kid when they hit the real world and can't quit everything they want.

Comment

Unless you have just been blatently lied to, leaving is an awful option. the grass is never greener and leaving when things dont go your way sets an awful precedent. It's not even September and you're quitting? Sounds like the team is better off without the kid. I feel sorry for this kid when they hit the real world and can't quit everything they want.
            Stay. Be miserable and pay more $$$.

Comment

It's not even September, how miserable can a kid be? Sounds like the dad is miserable. I guess commitment and giving something a chance is a thing of the past.

Comment

You keep up the work Mom/dad!!! Sticking it out a season when your kid is miserable is only going to make them resentful towards you and more importantly it will make them hate the sport. Do you live with your kid, because I live with mine and as a parent all I want is for my kids to be happy. That is what makes me happy!! Life is too short and there will be much more adversity in there lives when they are older why expose them to it now! You may wind up destroying your relationship with them. There are times when sticking it out is the best option, but if your kid is telling you now they are not happy, then go because it will only get worse.
                I agree, talk to the DOC and work out the exit arrangement.

Don't stay and make your child resent you. Life is too short.

Good Luck in whatever you plan to do and at least you will be getting back all your holidays!

Comment

Leave and stop all payments. Sue them for false representation. Sue coach for abuse.
                  Don't laugh. This may happen. Space Coast U17g having issues in a major way with the drama and Coach Scott. A couple of players are travelling too far to put up with the crap anymore. Not a healthy environment for teenage girls.

Comment

Let's say the coach told the team and parents at tryouts the will be playing Div 1 and after the first tournament of the season your team gets killed and right after the game the coach decides to play Div 2 for the upcoming season and rest of tournaments. Do you stay or ask for a release? What's your opinion?

Comment

Let's say the coach told the team and parents at tryouts the will be playing Div 1 and after the first tournament of the season your team gets killed and right after the game the coach decides to play Div 2 for the upcoming season and rest of tournaments. Do you stay or ask for a release? What's your opinion?
                      If the kid was a starter on that team, then the expectation that they'd play in a DI league seems reasonable; if the kid was not a starter, then it sounds like a weak argument for this particular player, as they maybe more DII talent.

Comment

Yes the kid was was a starter and played in Div 1 the previous year.

Comment

This doesn't sound like a good reason to leave. Competing against teams close to your own level will be better for development and for morale. Unless there is more you are not telling us, my advice would be keep your commitment to the team. Maybe they will be motivated to improve and get back to Div 1.

Comment

This doesn't sound like a good reason to leave. Competing against teams close to your own level will be better for development and for morale. Unless there is more you are not telling us, my advice would be keep your commitment to the team. Maybe they will be motivated to improve and get back to Div 1.
                            Great, but what if another club in the area wanted the kid and that team was playing Div1. Do you stay loyal to the club or do what is best for the kid?

Comment

We had a kid on a DI team and were told at beginning of season they'd play DI in our age group. Once all $$ was in, we learned they were putting the team in DII, but up one age group. No one wanted this. We tried getting them to change it. They refused. It sucked; the team came in 1st place in the DII, older age group at the end of the season but it was a waste of a year. They say hindsight is 20-20, so knowing now what we didn't know then.... I'd move them if I could (I'd find a new team first, then ask your old one for a release).

Comment

Don't listen to any of these @$$-Wipes. They all have their own agenda as should you.

Do what is best for your KID! The only thing that matters is 4 things

1) What playing time (if any) your kid is getting? Consider the following.
                                >>> If they are mid tier that's good. Don't want to be the worst or you will never play and if you are the best you are just making everyone else better.

2) what is the strength of schedule and level of competition? Will these benefit your kid?
                                >>> Be TRUTHFUL to yourself. Is the playing time your kid will receive against the competition they will face be sufficient for them to develop.

3) Is your reason for leaving soundly justified or personal?
                                >>> again be truthful. Is there a personal problem with the coach and your kid? Players and your kid? BOTH. Favoritism toward players not as good as your kid. HONESTLY or do you hold your kid on the highest petal thatNO ONE is as good. If so stop smoking that stuff.

4) what age group is your kid? If it's under U-12 you need to be patient. Not all players develo as gast as one another.
                                This must be the "Club Hopper Questionnaire Sheet" that is so commonly used in S Florida! Notice how the original "quitter" jumped right in on this post to justify quitting. What a loser, and what an example you set for your family!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X