Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    State Cup = the tallest midget in the room. Stay in your lane.
    Says the dad whose non-elite kid only plays DA every other year.

The only ELITE players in DA are those that make it every year, whether they are the senior age or junior age for that DA.

The rest are nothing special.

Comment

Says the dad whose non-elite kid only plays DA every other year.

The only ELITE players in DA are those that make it every year, whether they are the senior age or junior age for that DA.

The rest are nothing special.
      Says the DAD whose kid has never made the DA team. Oh, and don't bother saying that he doesn't try out. We know better!

Comment

Oh please we have at least 4 boys that would put your DA son on the bench...get over yourself pops

Comment

Oh please we have at least 4 boys that would put your DA son on the bench...get over yourself pops
          And I'm sure your son is the best of them all!!!

Yet those kids decided not to test themselves at the highest level, or didn't make the cut

Comment

And I'm sure your son is the best of them all!!!

Yet those kids decided not to test themselves at the highest level, or didn't make the cut
            Or maybe just don't have a Hitler like dad pulling them away from the friends they grew up with playing together ?

Maybe they just want to see how far they can go as a TEAM poppy ?

But yours will never now how that feels because your intent on making up for your athletic failures and pushing him to "Be the Best that DADDY says you can be"

Nope, well stick together on this one poppy lol

Comment

Or maybe just don't have a Hitler like dad pulling them away from the friends they grew up with playing together ?

Maybe they just want to see how far they can go as a TEAM poppy ?

But yours will never now how that feels because your intent on making up for your athletic failures and pushing him to "Be the Best that DADDY says you can be"

Nope, well stick together on this one poppy lol
              You sound like a helicopter daddy, keeping your boy on a tight leash, not letting him test himself against the best competition. Instead you use the excuse of "keeping the team together". LOL! Enjoy 2nd tier soccer! Buenos dias, poppy.

Comment

Just because they are DA doesn't make them the best. There is always BS politics involved as well. Also maybe the parents can't afford all the travel for DA. I live in West Palm and even though Boca United has DA they are stocking their teams with former Boca United Players. They didn't take the best. They took what they were familiar with. They wanted to give the Boca United kids the opportunity to be seen by college coaches to reward them for being loyal. My son didn't make it but it wasn't because he didnt have the skill. He was by far the best of the group in his position. He really had no interest in playing there or for them on their mine fields that they call their home turf. They had no idea who was going to coach. They had their team set with their players before tryouts started and they picked up some players from what was left at sunrise that didn't move on to a full MLS Academy. My sons team quite honestly would probably destroy them in a game.

Comment

You sound like a helicopter daddy, keeping your boy on a tight leash, not letting him test himself against the best competition. Instead you use the excuse of "keeping the team together". LOL! Enjoy 2nd tier soccer! Buenos dias, poppy.
                  My sons team plays against Mens teams. Are you saying that because they make DA that they are the cream of the crop? That isn't always the case. Before Boca kids that live up north had only weston. Not many can afford or can make it down there 4 nights a week for practice. There are very talented kids that play for FC, Team Boca, Wellington, Lake Worth, St Lucie that can't travel down there. Also, for many kids, this is the last year before moving on to college. Many from our team have been offered positions at DA but chose to continue to play for their club team. We will be playing in many showcases and our coaches have many contacts. The boys are also instructed in what to do to get coaches attention and to get them to come see you.

Comment

Just because they are DA doesn't make them the best. There is always BS politics involved as well. Also maybe the parents can't afford all the travel for DA. I live in West Palm and even though Boca United has DA they are stocking their teams with former Boca United Players. They didn't take the best. They took what they were familiar with. They wanted to give the Boca United kids the opportunity to be seen by college coaches to reward them for being loyal. My son didn't make it but it wasn't because he didnt have the skill. He was by far the best of the group in his position. He really had no interest in playing there or for them on their mine fields that they call their home turf. They had no idea who was going to coach. They had their team set with their players before tryouts started and they picked up some players from what was left at sunrise that didn't move on to a full MLS Academy. My sons team quite honestly would probably destroy them in a game.
                    Please show your post to someone you respect and ask for feedback. You couldn't possibly be a bigger tool. Stop embarrassing your son. TS is littered with you guys.

Comment

My sons team plays against Mens teams. Are you saying that because they make DA that they are the cream of the crop? That isn't always the case. Before Boca kids that live up north had only weston. Not many can afford or can make it down there 4 nights a week for practice. There are very talented kids that play for FC, Team Boca, Wellington, Lake Worth, St Lucie that can't travel down there. Also, for many kids, this is the last year before moving on to college. Many from our team have been offered positions at DA but chose to continue to play for their club team. We will be playing in many showcases and our coaches have many contacts. The boys are also instructed in what to do to get coaches attention and to get them to come see you.
                      I call major B S! Plays vs men's teams? Riiiggghhhhtttttt! This is never allowed. What happened if a kid is injured in a non-sanctioned game like that? Lawsuits! Clubs know this and forbid the practice. Now, they will allow you to scrimmage the u19 girl's team!

I'm not saying that every talented kid out there is on a DA team. I know that some kids can't or won't put up with the travel or committment involved. But we all know that DA is the best place to be seen. Go ahead and ask a college coach. They love the DA system. They know the kids are in a structured system and are trained a possession based method of play. Way too much kickball in comp soccer these days. Not all teams, but way too much. If your team gets into showcases, then more power to you, but that does not guarantee coaches will see the kids. Many of the biggest ones, where the coaches go to watch, have many off-site locations. Good luck getting coaches to travel off-site, or to even stay late in the day on-site. And just because a kid reaches out to a coach does not mean he will go see the kid. There's more to it than that.

I wish your son the best, and I hope you would wish my son the best.

Comment

So whats the deal with splitting R3pl into 2 divisions? If they are the "premier league" why the 2 different divisions?

Comment

I call major B S! Plays vs men's teams? Riiiggghhhhtttttt! This is never allowed. What happened if a kid is injured in a non-sanctioned game like that? Lawsuits! Clubs know this and forbid the practice. Now, they will allow you to scrimmage the u19 girl's team!

I'm not saying that every talented kid out there is on a DA team. I know that some kids can't or won't put up with the travel or committment involved. But we all know that DA is the best place to be seen. Go ahead and ask a college coach. They love the DA system. They know the kids are in a structured system and are trained a possession based method of play. Way too much kickball in comp soccer these days. Not all teams, but way too much. If your team gets into showcases, then more power to you, but that does not guarantee coaches will see the kids. Many of the biggest ones, where the coaches go to watch, have many off-site locations. Good luck getting coaches to travel off-site, or to even stay late in the day on-site. And just because a kid reaches out to a coach does not mean he will go see the kid. There's more to it than that.

I wish your son the best, and I hope you would wish my son the best.
                          I should have clarified that statement as we did not play in any sanctioned games against mens teams but we had scrimmaged against them and won. DA is the best area to be seen but is it better to be on a crappy DA team that gets hammered on a weekly basis or on an Elite Level Club team playing against the top teams in the Country and also playing in many major showcases? If you are looking to get in front of college coaches DA will do that but are they paying attention to your team if you arent even competitive?

Comment

So whats the deal with splitting R3pl into 2 divisions? If they are the "premier league" why the 2 different divisions?
                            I know this is odd for this forum but and ACTUAL question....Anyone got any insight into this???

Comment

Sux

I know this is odd for this forum but and ACTUAL question....Anyone got any insight into this???
                              Could not agree with the skepticism more. After proving we can beat top national teams, we committed to play R3 believing we would face the best of R3. We are not.

Now we are stuck paying the travel costs of tournament play without the opportunity to play tournament quality.

Bait and switch!

Comment

you must be from the mighty OC...they joined and then were placed in the second division....have to earn the right from previous season not just say "we are OC" and get the automatic bid.... Karma is a bitch!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X