Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wrong! It is the best talent in the state. If you don't tryout or it may be a cost factor or you stayed with your old team,club,league then that decision was made by that player which puts them into a secondary. Meaning not the best..Please note that cost can be adjusted in a scholarship. No excuse.
    If you think the Boca U ECNL team is the best talent in the state then you are dillusional. It's not the best talent in their own county.

Comment

If you think the Boca U ECNL team is the best talent in the state then you are dillusional. It's not the best talent in their own county.
      wrong again. your batting 1000

Comment

You are delusional. My daughter is on an ECNL team and I know, for a fact, there are talented girls playing on other non ECNL teams. ECNL is not the be all end all of soccer. Furthermore, I think you get better training from some of the non ECNL teams. i think a player will get more exposure playing in NPL, HS, State Cup championship games than bottom of the barrel ECNL teams that are not playing for championships.
        Well stated. This is definitely true in Southwest Florida (Tampa Bay area). ECNL is a great option for those that can swing it. But whether you are an ECNL lover or hater, if you are a rational, objective person you will have to admit that there are several girls of higher caliber playing for non-ECNL clubs around SW Florida.

Comment

Well stated. This is definitely true in Southwest Florida (Tampa Bay area). ECNL is a great option for those that can swing it. But whether you are an ECNL lover or hater, if you are a rational, objective person you will have to admit that there are several girls of higher caliber playing for non-ECNL clubs around SW Florida.
          That may be true but it's not close to the level of non ECNL players in south Florida. In fact I don't think there are more than 2-3 what anyone would consider top players on Boca U ECNL. Honestly, those teams are very weak and in some ages have players who were actually cut from other club's first teams!

Comment

You are delusional. My daughter is on an ECNL team and I know, for a fact, there are talented girls playing on other non ECNL teams. ECNL is not the be all end all of soccer. Furthermore, I think you get better training from some of the non ECNL teams. i think a player will get more exposure playing in NPL, HS, State Cup championship games than bottom of the barrel ECNL teams that are not playing for championships.
            This is where you non ECNL'ers are missing the boat! College coaches scout these ECNL players because they get to see them play against the most competitive players in the country. You really think players get more exposure playing NPL and high school, then chasing trophies in tournaments? Than is rediculous and you don't have a clue!

Comment

This is where you non ECNL'ers are missing the boat! College coaches scout these ECNL players because they get to see them play against the most competitive players in the country. You really think players get more exposure playing NPL and high school, then chasing trophies in tournaments? Than is rediculous and you don't have a clue!
              Not sure what "Than is rediculous" means...but.... when I boil down the all the hundreds of posts about ECNL (pros and cons) it seems to me it always come down to the fact that the main benefit of ECNL is exposure. I have heard several ECNL parents say that the level of player development is really not that great but the EXPOSURE can't be beat! Well... how great is that exposure when your ECNL team is down by 3 and struggling against some superior ECNL team and your daughter is on the bench after riding in a bus 10-hours the day before? But it's in front of 200 college coaches!!!

Comment

Not sure what "Than is rediculous" means...but.... when I boil down the all the hundreds of posts about ECNL (pros and cons) it seems to me it always come down to the fact that the main benefit of ECNL is exposure. I have heard several ECNL parents say that the level of player development is really not that great but the EXPOSURE can't be beat! Well... how great is that exposure when your ECNL team is down by 3 and struggling against some superior ECNL team and your daughter is on the bench after riding in a bus 10-hours the day before? But it's in front of 200 college coaches!!!
                This debate of playing ECNL v. not playing ECNL is not relevant at this age. It is still about developing at this age. No kid is receiving a college scholarship offer at this age. Play where you believe your child is getting the best development and competition day in and day out from the coach, other players on the team, and teams you will face throughout the year. The U16 year is when your child will go through significant evaluation by college coaches. At that time, where and what league will help your child's exposure to the college coaches. If your child's team is participating in USYS National League and qualifying for the highest level of Disney Showcase and other high profile College Showcase tournaments, then your child will be seen. ECNL will provide your child with exposure at U16 as well. What makes ECNL great is college coaches do want to see how players stack up against the very best over the course of a long, demanding season, and at this time the ECNL Clubs across the country play at a higher level than most (not all) of the teams in USYS National League. If your daughter's goal is to play D1 soccer, take the time this year to research how many college coaches show up and scout the different events for ECNL and non-ECNL. Then, make a decision that you believe is best for your daughter to get exposure, regardless of the League.

Comment

This debate of playing ECNL v. not playing ECNL is not relevant at this age. It is still about developing at this age. No kid is receiving a college scholarship offer at this age. Play where you believe your child is getting the best development and competition day in and day out from the coach, other players on the team, and teams you will face throughout the year. The U16 year is when your child will go through significant evaluation by college coaches. At that time, where and what league will help your child's exposure to the college coaches. If your child's team is participating in USYS National League and qualifying for the highest level of Disney Showcase and other high profile College Showcase tournaments, then your child will be seen. ECNL will provide your child with exposure at U16 as well. What makes ECNL great is college coaches do want to see how players stack up against the very best over the course of a long, demanding season, and at this time the ECNL Clubs across the country play at a higher level than most (not all) of the teams in USYS National League. If your daughter's goal is to play D1 soccer, take the time this year to research how many college coaches show up and scout the different events for ECNL and non-ECNL. Then, make a decision that you believe is best for your daughter to get exposure, regardless of the League.
                  Keep telling yourself lies. The class of 2019 has already started receiving commitments. Look at UNC's website and you will see! If you are still and ECNL denier, go to their website and read the stats in their latest news letter. In the class of 2015, they had 1,357 players, 1,236 are going on to college (91%), 1,203 are playing soccer in college, 920 are playing at a NCAA division I school, 283 are playing at DII, DIII or NAIA.

The data doesn't lie. You can pretend that there are comparable leagues like NPL or USYS, but there is no comparison.

This is not to say that there aren't other paths to playing soccer in college at a D1 school that work, but when you consider that there were only 74 ECNL teams compared to over 650 teams that participated in USYS State Cup R16 in their respective states.

Comment

and maybe you should take your own advice? ECNL stalks every thread to see if anything's being said about their little baby - as well as their attempt to degrade any other team/club that is congratulated for their success - nobody is or can do better then ECNL!!! WE'RE EVEN BETTER THEN SLICED BREAD!!!. Tell you what - you stay on your threads - we'll stay on ours? Think you could manage that little compromise? Exactly, didn't think so...
                    I couldn't have said it better myself.

TOO Many Bozo's pushing their own misinformation agenda.
                    I've seen more maturity in a daycare. They say derogatory things about everyone else, I think I will just tag them as CRYBABIES whenever I see them playing their games on this forum.

Comment

Keep telling yourself lies. The class of 2019 has already started receiving commitments. Look at UNC's website and you will see! If you are still and ECNL denier, go to their website and read the stats in their latest news letter. In the class of 2015, they had 1,357 players, 1,236 are going on to college (91%), 1,203 are playing soccer in college, 920 are playing at a NCAA division I school, 283 are playing at DII, DIII or NAIA.

The data doesn't lie. You can pretend that there are comparable leagues like NPL or USYS, but there is no comparison.

This is not to say that there aren't other paths to playing soccer in college at a D1 school that work, but when you consider that there were only 74 ECNL teams compared to over 650 teams that participated in USYS State Cup R16 in their respective states.
                      One time...I typed the letters ECNL into my computer....and got offered a scholarship to play soccer.....

Comment

One time...I typed the letters ECNL into my computer....and got offered a scholarship to play soccer.....
                        and I was only 13

Comment

If you don't tryout or it may be a cost factor or you stayed with your old team,club,league then that decision was made by that player which puts them into a secondary. Meaning not the best..
                          I have read some incredibly juvenile and obnoxious opinions on TS but this is in the running for the single most asinine remark I have ever read.

Choosing not to participate in something does not make a player less talented. It merely means they made a different choice.

Comment

I have read some incredibly juvenile and obnoxious opinions on TS but this is in the running for the single most asinine remark I have ever read.

Choosing not to participate in something does not make a player less talented. It merely means they made a different choice.
                            The post you're referring to is obviously very poorly written, but I don't think they were trying to say the decision makes the player less talented, just that they're choosing to play in a secondary league. So even though opinions are like @ssholes, that's his opinion.

Comment

It's going to be "Beat us first then you can brag you f'ing LOSER!! "
                              "Beat us first"...So YOU are on this team? Get off of this site and quit embarrassing your daughter you slob! Playing in the B League does not make a soccer player in college, only someone to carry the water for the ECNL alum! Now go buy your daughter a nice stadium seat cushion to use on the bench this season. At the same time, grab yourself some new $20 Nike's so you can run up and down the sidelines again this coming year![/QUOTE]

I don't really see how ECNL will make your daughter's team any different than when it was not ECNL last year. Hopefully we will get an opportunity to play each other even if it's just the clubs setting up Friendly's. Clearly we are not in the same league's but our teams are not that different because of some new league or initials.

Comment

"Beat us first"...So YOU are on this team? Get off of this site and quit embarrassing your daughter you slob! Playing in the B League does not make a soccer player in college, only someone to carry the water for the ECNL alum! Now go buy your daughter a nice stadium seat cushion to use on the bench this season. At the same time, grab yourself some new $20 Nike's so you can run up and down the sidelines again this coming year!
                                I don't really see how ECNL will make your daughter's team any different than when it was not ECNL last year. Hopefully we will get an opportunity to play each other even if it's just the clubs setting up Friendly's. Clearly we are not in the same league's but our teams are not that different because of some new league or initials.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you told us which team you are playing for we could all watch for that to take place.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X