Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Speaking of bush leagues, does that mean IMG is forfeiting all their FPL games too?
    They expect to play through all of their FPL games as scheduled. It is odd that the question is always out there posted by parents who ask: "Why can't we play friendlies?" well turn to your clubs and ask that question when you see a cancellation. Understandably teams don't want nor need to incur travel costs, but really when you are an hour or less away? Can it get more friendly? Having competitive games is what everyone should be seeking. or am i missing a part of the equation?

Comment

They expect to play through all of their FPL games as scheduled. It is odd that the question is always out there posted by parents who ask: "Why can't we play friendlies?" well turn to your clubs and ask that question when you see a cancellation. Understandably teams don't want nor need to incur travel costs, but really when you are an hour or less away? Can it get more friendly? Having competitive games is what everyone should be seeking. or am i missing a part of the equation?
      Maybe you're not competitive?

Comment

IMG won a game in FPL this past weekend so obviously they're not forfeiting all their u18 games. Why can't these same girls play in the FSPL games?
        Not positive of their reasons, but suspect that in addition to the new mandate that is coming down next year where all teams will need to adjust their teams to birth year, they have added some post-grads to this team. (What a crime huh?), I say that because if your kid was in this situation you'd love it and hope everyone is supportiive. The roster also seems to support they are pulling up some (possibly?) older U17's to this group. I think next year is going to be tough on this age group and perhaps they are just ahead of what teams will be doing next year. Time will tell.

Comment

Maybe you're not competitive?
          Good question but not accurate. If you've played this team, ever, you'd know that's not the case. They ended last season in FPL in 1st place. All the teams in the FSPL schedule should know the competition they'd face. The clubs and coaches know this team. If they don't, a quick phone call to any competitor would give them the info they seek. Beyond that I can only make assumptions as to why they would not want to have a game. And sorry but going on memory here but seems it was reported that IMG won over West Pines 4-1 the one of the first weekends of completed fspl games. Looking at the current schedule I see Braden River over West Pines 1-0, and FF over BR 3-0. FF over Florida Force 1-0? wow. Scores are all over the place but I think its safe to say they are competitive.

Comment

When did LM start playing for Tophat Ecnl? Did her family move to Atlanta? Also noticed Tophat is leading the SE division. Not bad for a first year former non ecnl team.

Comment

When did LM start playing for Tophat Ecnl? Did her family move to Atlanta? Also noticed Tophat is leading the SE division. Not bad for a first year former non ecnl team.
              Her dad farms her out to whoever is winning or will take her. She's a solid player, but her father is over the top thinking she's this amazing super star that any team should be grateful to have.

Comment

Her dad farms her out to whoever is winning or will take her. She's a solid player, but her father is over the top thinking she's this amazing super star that any team should be grateful to have.
                Oh ok. Now that you mention it, it is her fourth or fifth team in the last few years. He's certainly an active farmer.

Comment

Oh ok. Now that you mention it, it is her fourth or fifth team in the last few years. He's certainly an active farmer.
                  Like they are the only family like that? And WFF's team is sinking, again. I know one personally there just like that... Dad has tried to farm her around for years... player's just not rock star like dad thinks. Parent/coaches...

Comment

competitive bracket

Good question but not accurate. If you've played this team, ever, you'd know that's not the case. They ended last season in FPL in 1st place. All the teams in the FSPL schedule should know the competition they'd face. The clubs and coaches know this team. If they don't, a quick phone call to any competitor would give them the info they seek. Beyond that I can only make assumptions as to why they would not want to have a game. And sorry but going on memory here but seems it was reported that IMG won over West Pines 4-1 the one of the first weekends of completed fspl games. Looking at the current schedule I see Braden River over West Pines 1-0, and FF over BR 3-0. FF over Florida Force 1-0? wow. Scores are all over the place but I think its safe to say they are competitive.

I believe the FF vs Florida Force 1-0 was also an own goal. Both teams had chances. Was a fun game to watch

Comment

I believe the FF vs Florida Force 1-0 was also an own goal. Both teams had chances. Was a fun game to watch
                      What is the competitve bracket? FSPL or U18? Wasn't at the game, so I won't disagree with you, but everyone always wants to point out the obvious. How many chances did they have, and who controlled the game? Also, a previous poster said they have close to 20 girls on their team.

Again, if you played their best team and it was a back-and-forth game, very nice. It's just hard to believe considering you have only won 1 game and lost the next day 3-1 to Weston.

Comment

What is the competitve bracket? FSPL or U18? Wasn't at the game, so I won't disagree with you, but everyone always wants to point out the obvious. How many chances did they have, and who controlled the game? Also, a previous poster said they have close to 20 girls on their team.

Again, if you played their best team and it was a back-and-forth game, very nice. It's just hard to believe considering you have only won 1 game and lost the next day 3-1 to Weston.
                        That's FSPL. Amazing scores coming from some of these games.

Comment

It's U18. Most girls are committed and these games are virtually meaningless. It won't get interesting until state cup.

Comment

Really? Like what?

Comment

Still confused as to how IMG had to withdraw from FSPL because they didn't have enough U18s supposedly yet they have a U18 team in FPL?

Comment

Still confused as to how IMG had to withdraw from FSPL because they didn't have enough U18s supposedly yet they have a U18 team in FPL?
                                Perhaps you don't have accurate information? I believe they are a U18/19 team with some post-grads on the squad. My other guess is that FSPL didn't want them disrupting their system. Pulled them out, not even allowing the friendlies.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X