Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Is All The Florida Talent?

Pretty sad for any DA club in Florida not having players selected. Ship your kids overseas or find a club with a pro-team and DA if your player has real aspirations beyond walking onto a college and fighting foreign players getting your scholarships.

U.S. under-14 national team coach Brian Johnson brought 36 players into a camp in Bradenton, Florida. They will get their first action of the year on Wednesday when split squads face French cub Metz and Florida's Weston FC, which has two players, Sebastian Serpa and Jose Rivas, in camp. The U-14s include players based in Europe at Barcelona, Liverpool and Wolfsburg.

U.S. Roster:
    GOALKEEPERS (4) : Osmar Chavero (Houston Dynamo), Nicolas Defreitas-Hansen (Weston FC), Joseph McNally (Baltimore Celtic), Alex Rando (New York Red Bulls).
    DEFENDERS (13): Dominic De Almeida (PDA), Cameron Duke (Sporting Kansas City), Paul Elliott (Colorado Rapids), Nicholas Fernandez (Chicago Fire), Abraham Gonzalez (FC Golden State), Luke Hansen (Colorado Rush), John Hilton (Unattached), Cesar Rivera (Chivas USA), Leonardo Sepulveda (Empire SC), Sebastian Serpa (Weston FC), Travian Sousa (Ballistic United SC), Elias Thomas (Wolfsburg/GER), Joseph Zarra (Oakwood SC).
    MIDFIELDERS (9): Efrain Alvarez (Chivas USA), Timothy Bielic (Sockers FC), Bryce Blevins (Liverpool FC/ENG), Taylor Booth (La Roca), Roberto Hategan (San Juan SC), Danny Jara (New York Red Bulls), Oliver Larraz (Colorado Rapids), David Palomino (Houston Dynamo), Matteo Ritaccio (BW Gottschee).
    FORWARDS (10): Mario Anaya (Ballistic United SC.), Luis Arriaga (Santa Rosa), Eduardo Blancas (Napa FC), Konrad de la Fuente (Barcelona/SPA), Ulysses Llanez (Chivas USA), Eder Mosquera (BW Gottschee), Jose Rivas (Weston FC), Gabriel Segal (Bethesda-Olney), Grant Vernon (Lonestar SC), Kejiel Watt (New York Red Bulls).

Somewhat ignorant comment. There are more than 100 DA clubs at the U14 age. They picked 36 players of which a couple are based overseas. It is simply impossible for every DA club to be represented in this group.

Comment

In my pants

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Pretty sad for any DA club in Florida not having players selected. Ship your kids overseas or find a club with a pro-team and DA if your player has real aspirations beyond walking onto a college and fighting foreign players getting your scholarships.

U.S. under-14 national team coach Brian Johnson brought 36 players into a camp in Bradenton, Florida. They will get their first action of the year on Wednesday when split squads face French cub Metz and Florida's Weston FC, which has two players, Sebastian Serpa and Jose Rivas, in camp. The U-14s include players based in Europe at Barcelona, Liverpool and Wolfsburg.

U.S. Roster:
        GOALKEEPERS (4) : Osmar Chavero (Houston Dynamo), Nicolas Defreitas-Hansen (Weston FC), Joseph McNally (Baltimore Celtic), Alex Rando (New York Red Bulls).
        DEFENDERS (13): Dominic De Almeida (PDA), Cameron Duke (Sporting Kansas City), Paul Elliott (Colorado Rapids), Nicholas Fernandez (Chicago Fire), Abraham Gonzalez (FC Golden State), Luke Hansen (Colorado Rush), John Hilton (Unattached), Cesar Rivera (Chivas USA), Leonardo Sepulveda (Empire SC), Sebastian Serpa (Weston FC), Travian Sousa (Ballistic United SC), Elias Thomas (Wolfsburg/GER), Joseph Zarra (Oakwood SC).
        MIDFIELDERS (9): Efrain Alvarez (Chivas USA), Timothy Bielic (Sockers FC), Bryce Blevins (Liverpool FC/ENG), Taylor Booth (La Roca), Roberto Hategan (San Juan SC), Danny Jara (New York Red Bulls), Oliver Larraz (Colorado Rapids), David Palomino (Houston Dynamo), Matteo Ritaccio (BW Gottschee).
        FORWARDS (10): Mario Anaya (Ballistic United SC.), Luis Arriaga (Santa Rosa), Eduardo Blancas (Napa FC), Konrad de la Fuente (Barcelona/SPA), Ulysses Llanez (Chivas USA), Eder Mosquera (BW Gottschee), Jose Rivas (Weston FC), Gabriel Segal (Bethesda-Olney), Grant Vernon (Lonestar SC), Kejiel Watt (New York Red Bulls).
        FYI, there are 2 Weston kids on this list.

If you expect half of the kids to be from FL then you are nuts. It's unrealistic expectations like this that make soccer parents look insane.

Comment

If you expect half of the kids to be from FL then you are nuts. It's unrealistic expectations like this that make soccer parents look insane.
          What I have noticed is that there is a constant bias, year in and year out, towards certain clubs. Your are telling me that each year Weston has the best players in our state at specific positions? Yeah right. whoever makes the decisions on these national teams don't do a good enough job scouting and whoever runs these clubs must have the contacts to have their kids selected at the national level. The vast majority of these kids selected won't even become professional soccer players and you will not remember them in 6 years.

Comment

What I have noticed is that there is a constant bias, year in and year out, towards certain clubs. Your are telling me that each year Weston has the best players in our state at specific positions? Yeah right. whoever makes the decisions on these national teams don't do a good enough job scouting and whoever runs these clubs must have the contacts to have their kids selected at the national level. The vast majority of these kids selected won't even become professional soccer players and you will not remember them in 6 years.
            No one said they would become a professional or remembered. Sorry your kid didn't make the list but why beat down the 13 year old kids that did? Life is about contacts so not sure of your point. Which team does your son play for? Maybe consider a new club.

Comment

All the Florida talent is in Recerational Soccer club soccer in Florida are also more Recerational type players then quality skillful type players. In florida development is big business and the numbers and money in recerational type players are to inviting so all the Florida clubs are bigger and the recerational pay to play players are out weighing the skilled players 3 to 1 ......
              A ten month cash flow dictates DOC play to pay this has happened over the last 5 years. DOC recruit from Recerational Soccer programs and have to taylor there product pitches to get extra money into the club now clubs have so many rec players the end is near to true development of skilled players it's more of a massive effort to make rec type players a little better over the years most parents do not understand and are okay with rec players pay to play and skilled players help with coaching these kids it's the way it has become in florida .

Comment

it's a 36 player pool from all over the place, the list can not be that bad .. it's a U14 team, I am sure some kids that deserved to be on this squad did not make the cut for many reasons .. I'm sure the ones that made the squat are not bad players either. If somebody is good and deserving he will eventually make the team in the future, you can not hide talent. As bad as Weston is on the girls side I have to admit they are very good at the boys side since they attract talent from all over South Florida and that is why - Weston FC Academy players get visibility at high level.

Comment

it's a 36 player pool from all over the place, the list can not be that bad .. it's a U14 team, I am sure some kids that deserved to be on this squad did not make the cut for many reasons .. I'm sure the ones that made the squat are not bad players either. If somebody is good and deserving he will eventually make the team in the future, you can not hide talent. As bad as Weston is on the girls side I have to admit they are very good at the boys side since they attract talent from all over South Florida and that is why - Weston FC Academy players get visibility at high level.
                  Or maybe a certain Hispanic Weston US scout. Hmmm.

Comment

I counted 3 not 2 Weston.

Comment

They should pick the top 3 players from each DA and then bring that bigger pool together and evaluate that group in regional sub groups and get a better representation and allows each DA a chance to say they sent some players to be seen. It does no good for the DA concept to thrive without each DA sending kids to the next level to at least be considered.

Comment

They should pick the top 3 players from each DA and then bring that bigger pool together and evaluate that group in regional sub groups and get a better representation and allows each DA a chance to say they sent some players to be seen. It does no good for the DA concept to thrive without each DA sending kids to the next level to at least be considered.
                        Wait, so Weston is sending 3 kids and no other clubs in Florida?

Comment

Wait, so Weston is sending 3 kids and no other clubs in Florida?
                          Bingo !

Comment

Waaaaah!!!! My kid wasn't chosen! I'm going to cry.

DA players get seen ALL THE TIME! Quite whining. No I'm not from Weston, and yes my son plays DA. Scout was at close to half their games during the fall. "Oh no, my son wasn't chosen for National Team at age 14. Someone is not being fair to him. Or maybe he should hang up his cleats."

You people are pathetic.

Comment

Dude, Obama is not running U.S. Soccer last I checked.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X