Coral Springs United FC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Delray was such a powerhouse their coaches would be spending a lot less time on TS spamming every thread topic with their propaganda promoting their club.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      CSUFC had a huge turnout at tryouts last week and it seemed pretty organized from my vantage point. Looking at the Boys & Girls rosters from U9 thru U18 it looks like they added a lot more kids this year with multiple teams in almost every age group.

CSU has a built in advantage with lots of homegrown talent in their own city while Delray has to try to recruit kids from outside of its city limits.

Delray will never become anything special while being sandwiched between Boynton & Boca. They're just not going to be able to pull enough talented kids away from more established clubs.
      I agree 100 % The turn out and the signing was big at CSU I personally did not think it was going to be as big of a turnout in some of the age groups and the talent was better then avg for the most part. I also noticed they did not accept everyone in the turn out they put some in development and wait list. I like the club because the parents are not running the show they are more removed then other clubs. To me that tend to show a more development type coaching then win at all cost type coaching.

Comment

CSUFC had a huge turnout at tryouts last week and it seemed pretty organized from my vantage point. Looking at the Boys & Girls rosters from U9 thru U18 it looks like they added a lot more kids this year with multiple teams in almost every age group.

CSU has a built in advantage with lots of homegrown talent in their own city while Delray has to try to recruit kids from outside of its city limits.

Delray will never become anything special while being sandwiched between Boynton & Boca. They're just not going to be able to pull enough talented kids away from more established clubs.
        I also think however the kids that are not the greatest and want to get more time on the field might go to Delray. It is not a bad idea if it works out for a family and child however tend to agree with you no way they can draw that much talent in that small area.

Comment

Why would anyone who lives in Coral Springs even consider taking their kids to Delray?

You're going to drive 30+ miles each way when there are better club options closer.

Comment

I agree with you Delray is not an option maybe a weston or BU that is just a maybe coral springs has a lot to offer and if you live in coral springs your not going to get that much better if any training then at CSU !

Comment

I agree with you Delray is not an option maybe a weston or BU that is just a maybe coral springs has a lot to offer and if you live in coral springs your not going to get that much better if any training then at CSU !
              LOL. IF you want to play competitive soccer, it is being done at Weston, Sunrise, Boca United, and Team Boca. If you want to play Rec/Division 2 (which is fine to play) then play at CSU, but lets not talk about good training and blow smoke at everyone. CSU is a declining club, regardless of the younger age growth that JW says is so great.

Comment

LOL. IF you want to play competitive soccer, it is being done at Weston, Sunrise, Boca United, and Team Boca. If you want to play Rec/Division 2 (which is fine to play) then play at CSU, but lets not talk about good training and blow smoke at everyone. CSU is a declining club, regardless of the younger age growth that JW says is so great.

They must be doing something right at CSUFC because they routinely beat the clubs you mentioned.

Comment

The parents would consider AC Delray because the quality in coaching I think CSU is suffering in that department now. AC Delray has Steve Burgess Tony Stevens Stephan Von Lattorff Paul Gregory and now Fernando has well. Say what you please about Fernando that guy wins everywhere he goes with his kids and he develops them might be a little overboard but that's his style. CSU has talent at the younger ages U11 and down boys and girls but other then that I don't know. There is a list of their record in this thread not sure how accurate but that's pretty sad if true.

Comment

The parents would consider AC Delray because the quality in coaching I think CSU is suffering in that department now. AC Delray has Steve Burgess Tony Stevens Stephan Von Lattorff Paul Gregory and now Fernando has well. Say what you please about Fernando that guy wins everywhere he goes with his kids and he develops them might be a little overboard but that's his style. CSU has talent at the younger ages U11 and down boys and girls but other then that I don't know. There is a list of their record in this thread not sure how accurate but that's pretty sad if true.
                    Okay I will not mud sling I had my son train with Fernando with his kids yes he is over the top but I still consider him a good soccer trainer and friend. As far as CSU look for me my son is under 11 and CSU is fine for him in fact I am not intersted in pressure training win at all cost it is for parents that live through thier kids and not for development of kids under 13 is my opinion. It just my opinion I think your wrong CSU has a knowledge based and a curriculum that might not translate into winning but to keep younger players playing longer and lesson the impact of pressure learning may help a player under 13 develop and muscle memory desire to continue longer then someone who wins now but may quite later in life also pressure memories are not always the best way for a under 13 to have muscle memory and memorys at all you tend to want forget that experience true. So try not to then say that DELRAY is somehow not into winning and tend to pressure train to win they will and you understan this it is okay for older kids over 13.

Comment

Okay I will not mud sling I had my son train with Fernando with his kids yes he is over the top but I still consider him a good soccer trainer and friend. As far as CSU look for me my son is under 11 and CSU is fine for him in fact I am not intersted in pressure training win at all cost it is for parents that live through thier kids and not for development of kids under 13 is my opinion. It just my opinion I think your wrong CSU has a knowledge based and a curriculum that might not translate into winning but to keep younger players playing longer and lesson the impact of pressure learning may help a player under 13 develop and muscle memory desire to continue longer then someone who wins now but may quite later in life also pressure memories are not always the best way for a under 13 to have muscle memory and memorys at all you tend to want forget that experience true. So try not to then say that DELRAY is somehow not into winning and tend to pressure train to win they will and you understan this it is okay for older kids over 13.
                      Great points but who is going to lead these kids now? CSU coaches don't have the experience to do that that's my opinion. Pressure training or no pressure training if the clubs compare just resumes then CSU is done. All I was saying is you can see why someone would consider AC Delray.

Comment

Great points but who is going to lead these kids now? CSU coaches don't have the experience to do that that's my opinion. Pressure training or no pressure training if the clubs compare just resumes then CSU is done. All I was saying is you can see why someone would consider AC Delray.
                        The same people who have been developing the kids at CSUFC are still there. Like someone said earlier I dont know why anyone who is living in the Coral Springs area would ever drive their kid all the way to Delray for the same or even less development. If you're pointing to PG as a staff upgrade at Delray and a loss for CSUFC you couldn't be anymore wrong.

Comment

No I was pointing to anyone one specific but my question wasn't answered who will lead them? I just pointed out that the staff at AC Delray has way better credentials then at CSU.

Comment

I don't know about less development not sure on that one Steve Burgess has probably put more kids in college then any coach at CSU Tony Stevens has trained a ridiculous number of kids to college and has personal trained a USWNT player no one at CSU has done that. So to prove my point that's a reason for a parent to consider AC Delray.

Comment

The same people who have been developing the kids at CSUFC are still there. Like someone said earlier I dont know why anyone who is living in the Coral Springs area would ever drive their kid all the way to Delray for the same or even less development. If you're pointing to PG as a staff upgrade at Delray and a loss for CSUFC you couldn't be anymore wrong.
                              PG ran that entire program up to U12 last year, so those same younger kids JW says are doing great under PG will now be left to continue that growth under who? We'll see if its a loss next year.

Comment

PG ran that entire program up to U12 last year, so those same younger kids JW says are doing great under PG will now be left to continue that growth under who? We'll see if its a loss next year.

All of those kids came up playing together thru Recreation Soccer and Coral Springs World Cup under JW for 3 years and trained under JW last year at CSUFC before PG even knew their names. PG got way too much credit for those kids this season. If someone hands you the keys to a ferrari you should have no problem winning the race as long as you don't crash the car.

Let's see what PG does at AC Delray this year before we start anointing him

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X