X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yep, you got me. Why are you here since your kid got selected. Need some validation? Don't worry, your little champ will be on the MNT in the next few years. If you make one of the 86 U-12 DA teams, you're pretty much a lock!
    Thanks, have a great year

Comment

great question

None of the good ones because they will all be u12 DA this year!
      The 2004 and 2005 local landscape will be a learning lesson for the actual youth soccer club teams. Rush and OC playing DA will remove many top players. It will be entertaining seeing how FYSA does region cup, state cup etc... the 2004 DA is U12 and the 2004 youth clubs are U 13 playing state cup (11 v 11)--should be interesting watching how things shake out.

Comment

The 2004 and 2005 local landscape will be a learning lesson for the actual youth soccer club teams. Rush and OC playing DA will remove many top players. It will be entertaining seeing how FYSA does region cup, state cup etc... the 2004 DA is U12 and the 2004 youth clubs are U 13 playing state cup (11 v 11)--should be interesting watching how things shake out.
        My son is on one of the DA teams and I do believe in the DA as the best way currently available to young talented kids in this country. It just makes sense for the most part but its not without some concerns.

I will miss and he will too the region cup battles, future state cups, disney tournaments, etc. Most of the best players and for sure top teams are DA and that's just the way it is going forward. Even though I think the DA is the best way to develop top talent, its light years behind european academy programs making any young american players dream of becoming a pro, highly unlikely to occur. I guess US soccer has to start somewhere to close the gap on the rest of the world.

It definitely makes you question if its even worth all the chaos created and memories missed by changing age groups, breaking up teams, funneling players to the DA, having to sit out middle school, high school, and spending your wknds on a bus to play 1 game 3 to 4 hours away. Is all that effort really improving soccer in this country and any single player's chance to become a pro??? Just not fully convinced yet, but at this point playing outside of the DA is an even worse option because US Soccer has made it that way.

Comment

I can't find OCE on the NPL list any where?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X