•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the grade

My solution for breaking my youth team out of practice lethargy

http://acoachinglife.wordpress.com/2...ing-the-grade/

Someone is seriously pimping "acoachinglife" these days!!

Comment

Whatever happened to just running the buggers? If their not working hard enough, run.
      Kids today are so soft and to many people are enabling it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Whatever happened to just running the buggers? If their not working hard enough, run.
        Kids today are so soft and to many people are enabling it to happen.
        So true! So many teams are just not conditioned to play the whole game. Players start walking the field, they are on the ground every time you look up, while a few players are expected to make up for the rest. Sad.

Comment

fitness

USA caters to this. Take a knee ect. rolling subs, its not the way it is meant to be. Kids get the shock treatment with a coach who realises the importance of fitness. If you have a stacked roster of 18 then great. You should expect a lot of hussle as you call it. Imagine a kid here going over to a Pro team in Europe and being asked to play a full 70-90 mins straight off. Not many could do that.

Comment

I've been coaching since the 1990's. Every year since I began the players and parents have gotten worse. Parents actually complain that their Johnny was running to much. Then to make matters worse, FYSA implements water breaks (because people are to dumb to realize they are in Florida).

As a player, we routinely played 5 games in a weekend (not mini games either) with no water breaks. Now you can't scream at kids, make them run, bench them, etc. without little suzie's parents getting upset.

Don't call me old, I'm only in my 30's.

Comment

I've been coaching since the 1990's. Every year since I began the players and parents have gotten worse. Parents actually complain that their Johnny was running to much. Then to make matters worse, FYSA implements water breaks (because people are to dumb to realize they are in Florida).

As a player, we routinely played 5 games in a weekend (not mini games either) with no water breaks. Now you can't scream at kids, make them run, bench them, etc. without little suzie's parents getting upset.

Don't call me old, I'm only in my 30's.
              I am in my 30's also and I agree with you 100%. Soccer parents are pathetic. The clubs are not much better. Kids are babied to much. God forbid you might upset one of thier kids. Don't want to try to win because it might upset the other team. These sheltered kids would get crushed on the streets of Brazil just like they would get crushed on the streets of Chicago if they played basketball.

You are just probably one of those helicopter parents. ;)

Comment

We have a whole generation of softies.

Comment

We have a whole generation of softies.
                  Very true!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X