No announcement yet.

2013 Boys Eastern MA HS Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With high school, teams that have experience as well as a good/great player and some ok role players will find some success.

Comment

MS was the best player in publics. I think that ZL from Berkshire was the best player in the state.

Comment

Needham lost their top scorer (both goals and assists), three starting mid-fielders and their goalie....and they still won't have two DAP kids, one of which is one of the top scorers in the U16 DAP. While I doubt they will repeat as state defenders, they seem to be tough each year and boast strong reserves. Nevertheless, if they make it past two rounds in the tournament, I would be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          MS was the best player in publics. I think that ZL from Berkshire was the best player in the state.
          Don't think you can go there, high percentage of people have no idea how drastic the quality of play/players is in the prep league.

If you made a top 10 or 20 list for last year, I know MS is on it.....but he would be lower than you think and it would be lacking names form the publics (particularly Eastern mass Publics).

Comment

I just don't think there are 10 big games per season. I was thinking 2-3-2 against needham, wellesley, weymouth and framingham, and 6-1-2 against the others. Thats 8-4-4
            There are 10 games against the big schools, those that form the carey division. But to look at it your way, you're more optimistic that they can emerge with only 3 losses against the favored teams. Good thing is, Brookline is improving, so at a minimum, they should qualify for post-season.

Comment

I was talking about Brookline
              If Brookline has a super striker and keeper, they weren't playing last year, or maybe missed some games. You think their keeper is better than Weymouth's?

Comment

Brookline will beat Needham at least once this year. Needham will have trouble scoring. They lose their big guy up top and there 3 talented center mids. They also lost 2 3yr starters in the back. Brookline has a more balanced attack and if their player from DAP comes back, they will be at the top of the BSL. Look for Framing and wells to be the class of the 2013 BSL
                Interesting take. Needham should be less threatening than last year, when they won 13 league games. But they still should be very good. Didn't someone report that their JV was undefeated? Their keeper and best center back were juniors. Brookline may have been balanced, but to the tune of only 1 goal/game on average. To your predictions: Brookline will beat Needham once. Certainly could happen, but not as bold as picking Brookline to finish ahead of Needham. As for where Brookline will finish, you say they'll be "at the top", then say 2 other teams will be. Which is it?

Comment

Milton and Dedham should have moved to either the Hock or Tri Valley I will not be surprised if they do...I think Somerville has some new players so they will be helped..
                  Dedham tried to switch to tri-valley recently, but no luck. Changing leagues should be easier in order to be with peer schools. Sure there's something to be said for tradition (Dedham may have been in the league since it began 50 or whatever years ago), but it's clear they're rarely competitive now. The BSC seems sympathetic, but apparently it's hard to find a peer to add (the most logical one would be Newton South).

Comment

The BSL is a league where senior influence is immense. Last year, Brookline had zero contribution from seniors, whereas teams like Needham and Weymouth had huge senior influence. WHile most teams are losing their key players and starters, Brookline is returning all important pieces to the team. They are also adding a Revs player. With competition losing players and Brookline not losing anybody, it is certainly possible to go from 3-9-4 to 8-4-4. Also I take back my sarcasm. You seem like a nice guy/girl
                    Spare the "senior influence" cliché. Is it really more important in boys soccer in one particular high school league than it is in any sport, HS or college?

Comment

What about Somerville? They return 90% of their starters.

Comment

Don't think you can go there, high percentage of people have no idea how drastic the quality of play/players is in the prep league.

If you made a top 10 or 20 list for last year, I know MS is on it.....but he would be lower than you think and it would be lacking names form the publics (particularly Eastern mass Publics).

How many of the iSL players are playing D1 on scholarship? How many ISL players were prominent on a DAP team? Lets not compare public to private, lets compare players. MS was easily in the top five along with NP (Same Bolts team).....and both in public school.

Comment

Let's re-direct. The topic is 2013 E.Mass. HS boys

Comment

Brookline will beat Needham at least once this year. Needham will have trouble scoring. They lose their big guy up top and there 3 talented center mids. They also lost 2 3yr starters in the back. Brookline has a more balanced attack and if their player from DAP comes back, they will be at the top of the BSL. Look for Framing and wells to be the class of the 2013 BSL
                            The only Revs player from Brookline goes to private school. Are you suggesting that he's switching schools too? Don't see anyone listed on Bolts DAP from Brookline, though some player bios don't disclose. You may be thinking of some pre-academy players. Yes, the keeper is excellent. He would be a junior? The forwards are younger, and one of them played for BHS last fall, so not a big change if he chooses school over DAP in the future (assuming he could make or is offered DAP).

Comment

What about Somerville? They return 90% of their starters.
                              And they are all 20 plus years old !

Comment

How many of the iSL players are playing D1 on scholarship? How many ISL players were prominent on a DAP team? Lets not compare public to private, lets compare players. MS was easily in the top five along with NP (Same Bolts team).....and both in public school.
                                Not even close. There are national team players at Berkshire, Millbrook, South Kent...

We are talking about 19 year old PG's that are coming to the US to do a year of school before going to play D1 college soccer. These players are at a higher level than the DAP players. The two from Ghana at Millbrook are supposed to be about 16 years old, but they would be elite players on the Revs u18's. It's just a another level higher. You just don;t know about these kids, because they don't play DAP. They just play at school and for their national teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X