• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Isn't it great that scolarship kids get the free ride
    to some of the best schools. Then they also get
    to play there HS, because of course they were
    not accepted to those schools for there soccer
    prowess right? Meanwhile the kids who areno
    paying full freight, have to make a choice.
    Sounds fair to me! I must be a real hater!!
    No one is paying...we are talking mostly about public school.if a kid gets a full ride to a private school because he can kick a ball into a net ..let it be ..it doesn't get more Americana than that .you been sipping grandad moonshine again?

Comment

No one is paying...we are talking mostly about public school.if a kid gets a full ride to a private school because he can kick a ball into a net ..let it be ..it doesn't get more Americana than that .you been sipping grandad moonshine again?
      Why should he get a full ride? Why does my kid
      not have the same chance? It's all about fairness.
      I am tired of the gift that keeps on giving. The
      choice to play HS is being denied to some and
      not to others. There is nothing American about
      that!

Comment

that!
        Are you talking about private school of public? Waivers are on their way out. Academy teams were pretty open about it to new players coming in that their will be no waivers to any new players.

Comment

There should be no waivers period,

Comment

that!

Is there anyone out there that can understand this nut???

There should be no waivers period,

"No soup for you!!!!!"

Even you must appreciate the need for flexibility during one high school generation (4 years) to allow the current students who entered into public school or private school for academic reasons, the chance to complete their original plan, which was set in motion before the Academy changed theirs. However, I agree that anyone entering high school now should not be allowed to have waivers.

Comment

What does DAP stand for?

What does DAP stand for?

Sorry. new to TS

Comment

It stands for this is an Eastern Mass HS soccer thread not Academy. Complain about it in another thread. This is for kids who are playing HS this year not complaining about waivers

Comment

Don't know about Needham but Natick has at least three players who would otherwise be playing for Natick High on the Revs. That's going to hurt them.
                  It's always the case that some team lost kids to another school, or another sport, or illness, or ineligibility, or whatever. Lets drop the excuses and be positive about the teams taking the field.

Comment

I have Brookline being much better than last year, they had a young team. 3rd place on their side of the Bay State isn't out of the question. Weymouth and Needham should be strong as usualy, but a step back from last year. Not sure on Framingham. Braintree should be decent again. Welllesley should be the favorite on the other side.

Somerville, as of now, with 2 of their top 3 scorers returning and with Scarpelli on the sidelines, could be the favorite again in D-1 North.

I'm expecting Brockton to make a run in the south, they were supposed to have a young team last year and came on at the end of the season. Not sure what New Bedford had coming back.

Will Canton, Sandwich and Lexington return to the dynasty they once had?

How strong will the Tri Valley be this season? Often times we never know until the postseason starts since they hardly schedule any nonconference games.

Comment

Predictions for Bay State

1. Needham
                      2. Weymouth
                      3. Brookline
                      4. Framingham
                      5. Braintree
                      6. Newton North

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                        Predictions for Bay State

1. Needham
                        2. Weymouth
                        3. Brookline
                        4. Framingham
                        5. Braintree
                        6. Newton North
                        So you don't believe the statements that Braintree was also young last year and Framingham should be favored this year? From what I read, among the bigger BSC schools, it should be
                        1 Framingham - good last year but overshadowed by Needham and Weymouth; losses not as significant
                        2 Needham - the most publicized players graduated, but they had depth. If its an off year, that still could be double-digit wins
                        3 Weymouth - they reload and until we have evidence, hard to believe they'll fall far
                        4 Brookline - this is nothing to rave about. On the bubble re: tournament qualifying
                        5 Braintree - their touts are out there, but hardly convincing. They reached tourney on the last day last year, a season in which Brookline and newton north were well below their usual standard
                        6 Newton North - hope they improve from last year's struggle

Keep in mind that Dedham and Norwood opted out of playing some of these guys, which could affect standings if they're close. Will be interesting to see whether holes will be filled by challenges or easy wins.

Comment

Tvl strength

The TVL will be strong per usual Im thinking. Ashland- they were very young last year and should be improved an make tourney again. Bellingham- well, lets say it will probably be another painful year. DS- DS graduted a couple of kids who were TVL allstars and really solid,players but return a deep squad that can make noise in the league and in the post season as they do every year...Holliston- they graduated a couple of key players but return the bulk of their squad and will challenge for a league title. Hopkinton- they were young last year but return most of their squad and will be a tourney team again. Medfield lost several players but they have several coming back and will be a strong squad that will make torney again. Medway- reigning tvl champs lost league mvp and a couple of other quality players. they should still be real good and make tourney with an eye on a repeat. Millis- is alot like Bellingham in that they will struggle with everyone else...Norton-another quality squad that was young last year. Another tourney squad again this year for sure. Westwood- they have some really good players on their squad and will be tuffnto beat again. look for a solid tourney run from them.

QUOTE=AlexFilides;1053238]I have Brookline being much better than last year, they had a young team. 3rd place on their side of the Bay State isn't out of the question. Weymouth and Needham should be strong as usualy, but a step back from last year. Not sure on Framingham. Braintree should be decent again. Welllesley should be the favorite on the other side.

Somerville, as of now, with 2 of their top 3 scorers returning and with Scarpelli on the sidelines, could be the favorite again in D-1 North.

I'm expecting Brockton to make a run in the south, they were supposed to have a young team last year and came on at the end of the season. Not sure what New Bedford had coming back.

How strong will the Tri Valley be this season? Often times we never know until the postseason starts since they hardly schedule any nonconference games.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Big things are coming to brookline this year

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                              I have Brookline being much better than last year, they had a young team. 3rd place on their side of the Bay State isn't out of the question. Weymouth and Needham should be strong as usualy, but a step back from last year. Not sure on Framingham. Braintree should be decent again. Welllesley should be the favorite on the other side.

How strong will the Tri Valley be this season? Often times we never know until the postseason starts since they hardly schedule any nonconference games.
                              Sandwich 3rd at best. Nauset and Marshfield too strong.

Comment

Big things are coming to brookline this year
                                Do you mean they'll finish ahead of Framingham, Needham and Weymouth?

Comment

Working...
                                X