Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Girl Teams - 2017/18

Tryouts were this week in most schools. How do the teams look?

Let the bashing begin...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Let the bashing begin...
    There a separate HS page for that kickball.

Comment

There a separate HS page for that kickball.
      http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/forumdisplay.php?f=66

Comment

In 6A, are we going to see another Oveido vs. Boca matchup? Will St. Thomas dominate again? Any contenders from Tampa and Jacksonville?

Comment

In 6A, are we going to see another Oveido vs. Boca matchup? Will St. Thomas dominate again? Any contenders from Tampa and Jacksonville?
          Bartram Trail is loaded this year and they’re young.

Comment

Let the bashing begin...
            Plenty of girls and boys soccer coaches need to be fired. Why do schools allow these folks to have jobs when they clearly are not able to use their talent well. Get them out. If you know of a disappointing coach name them here..... girls or boys

Comment

The coach should ask with a show of hands who is playing for a DA team. Then all the other girls who are not should walk away from tryouts.

Comment

Bartram Trail could win it if St. Thomas studs are doing DA and not high school.

Comment

The coach should ask with a show of hands who is playing for a DA team. Then all the other girls who are not should walk away from tryouts.
                  Not even DA. HS soccer has become ridiculously political. My daughter's team just had multiple returning junior and sophomore players relegated to JV to make room for 8 new freshmen. They are from the local travel team. The club's President (whose daughter is in the group) insisted that these players be put on varsity together. 2 of the new players did not even go to tryouts, because they were already told it was a done deal. There are 2-3 decent players, but no way all the newbies beat out the others.

How is that for bullsh!t?

Comment

Not even DA. HS soccer has become ridiculously political. My daughter's team just had multiple returning junior and sophomore players relegated to JV to make room for 8 new freshmen. They are from the local travel team. The club's President (whose daughter is in the group) insisted that these players be put on varsity together. 2 of the new players did not even go to tryouts, because they were already told it was a done deal. There are 2-3 decent players, but no way all the newbies beat out the others.

I'm guessing the returning juniors and sophomores suck, and the coach wanted better players

Comment

More information, please. Are you saying the HS coach accepted players he would have otherwise cut because of pressure from the club coach? Why would the club coach have the power to "insist" on that? Why would the HS coach roster a lesser quality team?

Might indeed be bullsh!t, but you aren't telling the whole story. Let me guess, your daughter was one of the relegated players, right?

Comment

More information, please. Are you saying the HS coach accepted players he would have otherwise cut because of pressure from the club coach? Why would the club coach have the power to "insist" on that? Why would the HS coach roster a lesser quality team?

Might indeed be bullsh!t, but you aren't telling the whole story. Let me guess, your daughter was one of the relegated players, right?
                        This is very easy to research. Take a look at the top HS teams in the state. Look for an unbalanced number of U16 players from the same club on the roster. There is your answer.

And nice try on insulting my daughter. She made the team just fine. Unfortunately, several of her friends did not.

Comment

I'm guessing the returning juniors and sophomores suck, and the coach wanted better players
                          Yeah? No. Total political move. This is a top 5 HS team. All with returning players.

Comment

This is very easy to research. Take a look at the top HS teams in the state. Look for an unbalanced number of U16 players from the same club on the roster. There is your answer.

And nice try on insulting my daughter. She made the team just fine. Unfortunately, several of her friends did not.
                            I couldn't care less what school it is. You didn't answer the most important questions:
                            1. Why would the club president have the power to "insist" on that?
                            2. Why would the HS coach roster a lesser quality team?

Without this information we will just assume your daughter is whining to you about her friends not being on the team. Do you have first-hand knowledge of the relative skills of the players in question, or are you taking your daughter's word for it? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Comment

Yeah? No. Total political move. This is a top 5 HS team. All with returning players.
                              So your saying there wasn't a single senior on this team last year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X