• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA problems

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...U5-0blMXdl9IcM

More fake news

Comment

How can an article about a former USMNT member and current DA club coach, who says that the DA "is a good idea", translate into a "DA problems" thread title?

Comment

"the others played grinding soccer" exactly we need players with balls ,not more DA players

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          How can an article about a former USMNT member and current DA club coach, who says that the DA "is a good idea", translate into a "DA problems" thread title?
          Yeah dude...read it.

Comment

Yeah dude...read it.
            I'll do the work for lazypants

SA: Do you think that there has been progress thanks to the Development Academy?

HUGO PEREZ: The academy is a good idea, but I think it should be for U-12 to U-16. The 17s and U-19s, they shouldn’t be traveling around the country playing youth soccer. They should be playing in adult leagues. They should be playing against adults.

SA: Playing in local adult leagues would be better?

HUGO PEREZ: Yes. If I’m trying to prepare players to play first-team soccer for an MLS team I’d rather have 17-year-old players play against adults every Sunday than travel to play against other 17-year-olds, even if it’s against other MLS academies.

Another interesting issue with DA is lack of creative play. He doesn't say DA is the issue but we all know most DA clubs are turning out robots

HUGO PEREZ: We need to start entertaining people. I’m personally tired of watching our players play a conservative, scared type of soccer.

We need to be getting people in the stands applauding because our players’ style of playing is creative -- total football. To be able to dominate with the ball. I still think our country is below those standards.

Comment

I'll do the work for lazypants

SA: Do you think that there has been progress thanks to the Development Academy?

HUGO PEREZ: The academy is a good idea, but I think it should be for U-12 to U-16. The 17s and U-19s, they shouldn’t be traveling around the country playing youth soccer. They should be playing in adult leagues. They should be playing against adults.

SA: Playing in local adult leagues would be better?

HUGO PEREZ: Yes. If I’m trying to prepare players to play first-team soccer for an MLS team I’d rather have 17-year-old players play against adults every Sunday than travel to play against other 17-year-olds, even if it’s against other MLS academies.

Another interesting issue with DA is lack of creative play. He doesn't say DA is the issue but we all know most DA clubs are turning out robots

HUGO PEREZ: We need to start entertaining people. I’m personally tired of watching our players play a conservative, scared type of soccer.

We need to be getting people in the stands applauding because our players’ style of playing is creative -- total football. To be able to dominate with the ball. I still think our country is below those standards.

Please let me draw a different (and I say more accurate) conclusion from the article.

Hugo Perez, a former USMNT member (and after being fired as a U14 MNT coach and fired as a US Soccer Federation Technical Advisor) when being queried about soccer in the United States, still thinks the DA "is a good idea" and even though he would like to see more entertaining and creative soccer in this country, as you admit, "doesn't say DA is the issue."

So....IMHO titling this thread "DA problems" represented a biased attempt to take one soccer expert's opinions about the problems with soccer in the United States and to falsely misrepresent them to be so much about problems in the DA program that a new and far different title was required.

This thread can be more accurately titled "More Entertaining and Creative Soccer Needed"

Comment

Please let me draw a different (and I say more accurate) conclusion from the article.

Hugo Perez, a former USMNT member (and after being fired as a U14 MNT coach and fired as a US Soccer Federation Technical Advisor) when being queried about soccer in the United States, still thinks the DA "is a good idea" and even though he would like to see more entertaining and creative soccer in this country, as you admit, "doesn't say DA is the issue."

So....IMHO titling this thread "DA problems" represented a biased attempt to take one soccer expert's opinions about the problems with soccer in the United States and to falsely misrepresent them to be so much about problems in the DA program that a new and far different title was required.

This thread can be more accurately titled "More Entertaining and Creative Soccer Needed"

I didn't title the thread, just responding to a post.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X