Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree or disagree

"Let us say that you and I coach two teams with kids that are 10,11 and 12 years old and all are about equally good.

You try to teach them to play good soccer , a passing game and with tactical basics while I tell mine to only play long balls & try to shoot.

I can assure you that ( at first) I will always win against you, by using your mistakes. Break a bad pass & goal.

If we however continue with the same training methods during a three year period, you will most likely win every game against us. Your players will have learned how to play while mine haven't. That's how easy it is"

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "Let us say that you and I coach two teams with kids that are 10,11 and 12 years old and all are about equally good.

You try to teach them to play good soccer , a passing game and with tactical basics while I tell mine to only play long balls & try to shoot.

I can assure you that ( at first) I will always win against you, by using your mistakes. Break a bad pass & goal.

If we however continue with the same training methods during a three year period, you will most likely win every game against us. Your players will have learned how to play while mine haven't. That's how easy it is"
    Well the USA and Korea were both even on possession. Pretty game to watch. Some of those long balls and set plays can make the winning difference. But if you can't possess the ball then you can never become a truly great player or team.

Comment

lol

Long ball or boot and scoot will always win in American youth soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X