USWNT uniforms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rainbow was originally a sign from God after the flood. I think it is good that the US women give God recognition as we all should.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      At least it's a subtle tasteful way to make a statement. And raise money for the cause at the same time. As opposed to kneeling during the National Anthem which most people misinterpret and condemn as unpatriotic because it's unclear what exactly the cause is.

I'm not a fan of using sports to make political statements, but if you're going to do it at least put some thought into it.
      While I would rather watch the National team play without any agenda, I'd respect rainbows over kneeling during the National anthem.

Comment

The rainbow was originally a sign from God after the flood. I think it is good that the US women give God recognition as we all should.
        Some may see a rainbow that way and some may not. No one in this country should or should not do anything regarding religious faith unless they want to. Religion here is a private matter.

Comment

. . . As opposed to kneeling during the National Anthem which most people misinterpret and condemn as unpatriotic because it's unclear what exactly the cause is.

I'm not a fan of using sports to make political statements, but if you're going to do it at least put some thought into it.
          Unfortunately everybody has a right to exercise their first amendment rights in a really really stupid way

Comment

Wow - what a turd. Its really scary how vicious the right has become. The ignorance is astounding too. The new right is just a step away from the Nazis and is getting worse every day. People like this poster hate gays, blacks, Jews, Catholics, Hispanics, and view women as second class citizens put on this earth make white babies for them. If they get their way and implement their final solution there will be no America left - just a small collection of aging White men. Kneeling for the flag is a first amendment right. So is wearing a uniform which (at least in someone's eyes) gives a nod to LBGT rights. I"m amazed that any of these people even go to a soccer forum since its not an "American" game.
            Do you work? If you do, please get down on your knee during work and start reciting all of your political views. And keep doing it even when your boss tells you to go protest on your own time on public property and not his and on his time.

Then get back to me after you study the Constitution while waiting in line at the unemployment office.

...and that's just the tip of the ignorance iceberg your post represents.

Comment

When the play is excellent to watch like it was against Korea then that draws the respect and attention. More people will take notice of the team's skill and off the field the players will have a following for their political statements to be heard.

Comment

While I would rather watch the National team play without any agenda, I'd respect rainbows over kneeling during the National anthem.
                I don't think the national teams will have kneeling. Players playing for professional teams in professional sports leagues is another matter. That is up to the rules set by the leagues and teams.

Comment

The new USWNT uniforms do not represent the USA. The blue is light and the numbers are rainbow. It is an obvious statement representing an adgenda. It is as much of a statement as the NFL players who are not standing for the National Anthem. Because it is a women's sport and can fly under the radar it does not immediately seem wrong but it is just as offensive as kneeling for our flag. It is an adgenda from a small but vocal segment of the population. If the team is truly representing the USA they should not use the uniform to make a personal statement. The USA is Red, White and Blue.
                  Gosh Lance, you're right! That's soooooooooooo tacky *rolleyes*!!! And did you see those shorts? How 1990s *Gasp*!

My advice, Butch up bro.

Comment

Do you work? If you do, please get down on your knee during work and start reciting all of your political views. And keep doing it even when your boss tells you to go protest on your own time on public property and not his and on his time.

Then get back to me after you study the Constitution while waiting in line at the unemployment office.

Ummmm - you're a dumb ass. They are paid to pay soccer. No soccer playing is going on while that stupid song is being played - people are just standing around. They can play like crazy with raindow numbers on the back of their jerseys - it does not interfere with what they are being paid to do. You just don't like the message and are angry that you can't run amok murdering lesbians in our society. Just leave.

Comment

if you are referring to the situation n the NFL, most of the bosses did not determine the kneeling was forbidden.

One did. Maybe more and they can set the rules for their employees. But they can't set the rules for the employees of a different team.

Just align your fandom with the team that uses the rules you prefer.

Comment

Ummmm - you're a dumb ass. They are paid to pay soccer. No soccer playing is going on while that stupid song is being played - people are just standing around. They can play like crazy with raindow numbers on the back of their jerseys - it does not interfere with what they are being paid to do. You just don't like the message and are angry that you can't run amok murdering lesbians in our society. Just leave.
                        I would only murder the ugly lesbians.

Comment

so if they wear the real colors the usmnt will qualify to next world cup

Comment

so if they wear the real colors the usmnt will qualify to next world cup
                            Why don't you watch the games and look at the uniforms before you keep blabbing on about nonsense.

Comment

if you are referring to the situation n the NFL, most of the bosses did not determine the kneeling was forbidden.

One did. Maybe more and they can set the rules for their employees. But they can't set the rules for the employees of a different team.

Just align your fandom with the team that uses the rules you prefer.
                              The question was whether or not the speech was constitutionally protected. And it is not. If an NFL owner wanted to stop the players he could. And he would be quite within the law.

Comment

The question was whether or not the speech was constitutionally protected. And it is not. If an NFL owner wanted to stop the players he could. And he would be quite within the law.
                                As is the owner that does not stop the players. These owners can make the rules for their teams regarding this unless the NFL makes some league wide rule.

It is a bad situation for them because they want to maximize the fan base. Toxic politics are not good for maximizing a fan base.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X