Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mine is at the other area DA club, and she’s knows a girl on a younger team in same situation. I’m not sure why this is not believable. We were concerned at first, but now it seems common enough.
    I know this is true. I know Stars has some kids on their DA teams that did not make varsity last year whether as a freshmen or sophomore.

Comment

All this so we can know your daughter was a hs rockstar. You always have to ruin your posts. No wonder you stand alone at games.
      Glad to know I wasn't the only one with this exact reaction.

For what it's worth, if a player was genuinely a "hs rockstar" as a freshman, they're named all-state, otherwise her team and/or the competition in her league is weak, either way, choosing GDA was never really in doubt in this case, was it?

Comment

HS will never go away since it is the only option that is affordable without travel. That is all many families can manage.
        It may never go away, but it will suffer on and possibly off the field. Pick any school that's had some history of success and I'd bet that it's best days are behind it.

Comment

GDA or High School.... doesn't matter... the soccer will STiNK! Do what works best for all.
          Simple as this. Lots of hand-wringing for nothing really.

Comment

Simple as this. Lots of hand-wringing for nothing really.
            Yes but that is no way to sell a program. Pump yourself up and trash the competition is how it is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              Glad to know I wasn't the only one with this exact reaction.

For what it's worth, if a player was genuinely a "hs rockstar" as a freshman, they're named all-state, otherwise her team and/or the competition in her league is weak, either way, choosing GDA was never really in doubt in this case, was it?
              Not an all star because it wasn't for sale. If it was, he would have tried.

Comment

It may never go away, but it will suffer on and possibly off the field. Pick any school that's had some history of success and I'd bet that it's best days are behind it.
                Just like boys DA, high school soccer will survive and thrive. At the most a school may lose two players and most won't lose any. The demise of high school soccer is

Comment

Not an all star because it wasn't for sale. If it was, he would have tried.
                  Ah, I think we have all the information we need.

By the way, no one said anything about "all-star" ...you said "rockstar" and I said "all-state."

Oh, one more thing, if your "rockstar" wasn't a league or district all-star, my advice is stop saying "rockstar."

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    Ah, I think we have all the information we need.

By the way, no one said anything about "all-star" ...you said "rockstar" and I said "all-state."

Oh, one more thing, if your "rockstar" wasn't a league or district all-star, my advice is stop saying "rockstar."
                    I am not the OP and misspoke. His daughter wasn't all state, league all-star, or district all-star. And he's a known azzhat but is clueless about the Breakers team's views of him or, frankly, his daughter.

Comment

Feel free not to believe it. She didn’t make the HS squad last year. She switched to DA this year. She’s enjoying it.
                      Not saying much for the quality in DA. Can't make a HS team but is chosen for DA?

Comment

Not saying much for the quality in DA. Can't make a HS team but is chosen for DA?
                        They had to fill multiple roster spots. Some DA teams are very good. Some not so much.

Comment

Just like boys DA, high school soccer will survive and thrive. At the most a school may lose two players and most won't lose any. The demise of high school soccer is
                          Honestly my daughter is so happy to be out of high school, she was MVP last year and quit without a moment's regret. Her friends who are serious about soccer but still on the HS team will quit next year. It is hard to even call it soccer, even though they made playoffs.

Comment

Based on the boys experience the average HS will only lose 1-2 players if that. An odd one here or there might be a bit more. The main issue with HS is that it is no longer a venue for college recruiting and hasn't been for awhile. It still can be a place to be discovered for football, basketball, track. In soccer it's expensive pay-to-play clubs and showcases. Yes some players willingly walk away but for many it's still a very tough choice.

Comment

Honestly my daughter is so happy to be out of high school, she was MVP last year and quit without a moment's regret. Her friends who are serious about soccer but still on the HS team will quit next year. It is hard to even call it soccer, even though they made playoffs.
                              Same with my player. After the newness of her freshman year wore off she began disliking it more and more with each passing year.

Comment

Same with my player. After the newness of her freshman year wore off she began disliking it more and more with each passing year.
                                Problem is too many kids just want to make varsity for social aspect and on field fall very short.

In da at 18/19 level breakers have maybe 5 kids on waivers and stars maybe 1-2. I'd be curious to know how this looks at 16/17 and below if anyone knows. I'll bet kids will jump the HS ship, Stars anyway has a da clinic thing going November and why bother if the goal isn't to upgrade in time with the end of HS season. It's been said before but it looks like players will be pushed down the bench for defecting HS players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X