X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Why do you say that? Ethnicity?
    Not the OP, but what does this even mean? You think the poster mentioned those two posters because they are black? I think he explained the reason and it sounded rational.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not the OP, but what does this even mean? You think the poster mentioned those two posters because they are black? I think he explained the reason and it sounded rational.
      Not really logical. Both are very inexperienced and have not coached anyone of any significance so fair to ask why them.

Comment

If you are including colleges, I'd give the nod to Kia McNeill at Brown. Former Breakers player.

On the boys side, I'm waiting to see what Shalrie Joseph does. I've heard good things about him and he was in the hunt to coach the Revs, maybe still is.
        Shalrie Joseph was involved years ago with a joke of a club based solely on his name recognition.

Comment

Very simple answer to this trolling question, the best soccer coaches in Mass are coaching NCAA D1 college, both genders.
          Not true- there are some very incompetent D1 coaches out there

Comment

Shalrie Joseph was involved years ago with a joke of a club based solely on his name recognition.
            Didn't Shalrie coach Zach Herivaux at that club? I know he hasn't gotten much playing time yet, but he did make it to the pros...

Comment

Not true- there are some very incompetent D1 coaches out there
              Let it rip, name names, they're all public figures.

Comment

Very simple answer to this trolling question, the best soccer coaches in Mass are coaching NCAA D1 college, both genders.
                That's false!

Comment

Let it rip, name names, they're all public figures.
                  Have you seen some of these teams play? Its barely better than HS soccer. Northeastern plays some of the worst soccer ive ever seen, Some of the D3 schools are more entertaining to watch.

Comment

Have you seen some of these teams play? Its barely better than HS soccer. Northeastern plays some of the worst soccer ive ever seen, Some of the D3 schools are more entertaining to watch.
                    Couldn't agree more, that's why I asked the question. The myth that most of club and college is a "beautiful game" is as tired as it is entertaining.

Comment

The "HS is awful" theme is as tired as the beautiful soccer concept.
                      1) Top HS Players and all US D1 players are products of the Club system.
                      2) Goal of a HS and D1 coach is to win, If playing direct helps them win, they do it.

Nothing is more ugly than losing.

I understand how parents of D3 players make themselves feel better about sunken investment club soccer. "we play beautifully" has a nice ring to it, but is no where near as cool as watching your D1 ATHLETE race onto balls kicked over the top

Comment

2) Goal of a HS and D1 coach is to win, If playing direct helps them win, they do it.

I understand how parents of D3 players make themselves feel better about sunken investment club soccer. "we play beautifully" has a nice ring to it, but is no where near as cool as watching your D1 ATHLETE race onto balls kicked over the top
                        Agreed, I'd take 4 losing seasons and a full ride over paying full price at d3 snooty private school winning league championships. But as a spectator, I'll take a good "beautiful" game in d3 over the slug fest that is d1 "boot it" ball.

Comment

What's really tired are the all about winning comments.

Comment

What's really tired are the all about winning comments.
                            Winning is why anyone plays a game.

Comment

You don't win by focusing on winning.

Winning is why anyone plays a game.

Comment

A couple of Boston based assistants would be in the discussion clearly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X