Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Boys ISL

This needs its own thread, instead of being mixed in with the girls.

As far as a favorite for this season, given that Brooks nearly ran the table and returns almost the entire team, I think they're the obvious choice.

I hope they raise their referring standards this year. Some refs do not deserve to be there. Coaches with any backbone should have complained about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I hope they raise their referring standards this year. Some refs do not deserve to be there. Coaches with any backbone should have complained about them.
      refereeing (typo)

Comment

Groton boys got some decent recruits. they should be stronger this year

Comment

Both Groton and St. Marks lost just a couple of starters so they should be strong this year

Comment

I can believe they'll be better, but hard to buy the idea about Groton being "strong"- they were 3-9-2 in the ISL last year, right? And they may have gotten some recruits, but doesn't seem like the kind of school that takes in upperclassmen (or lowers the (extremely high) admissions bar for athletes). Sounds like mid-table to me.

Heard Nobles was bringing in some hot-shot, but I think they also lost a lot. The question is what other impact players (likely upperclassmen) have been added at the likes of Nobles. Rivers, Brooks, Bel Hill and particularly Milton (which seems most capable and inclined to reload).

Comment

I can believe they'll be better, but hard to buy the idea about Groton being "strong"- they were 3-9-2 in the ISL last year, right? And they may have gotten some recruits, but doesn't seem like the kind of school that takes in upperclassmen (or lowers the (extremely high) admissions bar for athletes). Sounds like mid-table to me.

Heard Nobles was bringing in some hot-shot, but I think they also lost a lot. The question is what other impact players (likely upperclassmen) have been added at the likes of Nobles. Rivers, Brooks, Bel Hill and particularly Milton (which seems most capable and inclined to reload).
              Doesn't matter. OP is right, Brooks will steamroll the schedule this year

Comment

And St Marks

Comment

Heard about the Nobles hot-shot from my boy and friends. Former Revs player (now Bolts Academy). Nobles having lost 11 graduating seniors is tough to overcome.

Comment

Doesn't matter. OP is right, Brooks will steamroll the schedule this year
                    Heard that Brooks coach will retire after the season. Will be his 40th season!!! Wow

Comment

Heard that Brooks coach will retire after the season. Will be his 40th season!!! Wow
                      A dominant midfield will have him on cut with a title

Comment

ISL title should be easy . NEPSAC title -probably not going to happen

Comment

The ISL title was "easy" for the dominant Milton team 2 years ago, but other than that the title has not been easy in recent years. Brooks took the title with 3 games left last year (so "easily" took the title), but had a number of close games (unlike Milton) to get it to that point. I'd bet things will be competitive again this year and not easy for anyone. I'd put my money on Milton and Brooks again being amongst those at the top.

Comment

The ISL title was "easy" for the dominant Milton team 2 years ago, but other than that the title has not been easy in recent years. Brooks took the title with 3 games left last year (so "easily" took the title), but had a number of close games (unlike Milton) to get it to that point. I'd bet things will be competitive again this year and not easy for anyone. I'd put my money on Milton and Brooks again being amongst those at the top.
                            By your definition of easy the Milton team of two years ago did not have it "easy" either. Nor did the Rivers team of 4? years ago. In any case, the argument is moot at best. Let's not pull hairs over this. Brooks should have an "easy" run to the title this year just like they did last year.

Comment

By your definition of easy the Milton team of two years ago did not have it "easy" either. Nor did the Rivers team of 4? years ago. In any case, the argument is moot at best. Let's not pull hairs over this. Brooks should have an "easy" run to the title this year just like they did last year.
                              The MA 2015 team won all 15 ISL games by at least two goals, and won 13 by three goals or more. In contrast, the Brooks 2016 team won two games by just a goal (not counting the St. Paul's game, which they also won by one goal), and two more games by just two goals. So Brooks 2016 actually did have several more close wins than MA 2015 did.

Anyway, I think a more interesting question is whether Brooks will go 15-0. I tend to think they won't. Then again, I didn't expect MA to do it in 2015 either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X