• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    WH just lost their best player for the year,they are toast
    How, when did this happen?

Comment

Chicago

Comment

So Breakers lost their two best players to ACL's? Just a fluke or did the coach run them into the ground trying to prove they belonged in ecnl? That's what happens when we prioritize winning over development.

Comment

So Breakers lost their two best players to ACL's? Just a fluke or did the coach run them into the ground trying to prove they belonged in ecnl? That's what happens when we prioritize winning over development.
          Heard MKM from RI tore her ACL a month or two ago. Didn't know there was another high-profile player injured, but I heard of some lower level players are also blowing out their knees on regional teams, as my D filled in for a couple of late season games due to injuries.

Seems an epidemic for girls, especially from 14-16. Maybe more focus on strength and conditioning in the off-season, an actual off-season to rest and recuperate, and not playing multiple back to back matches every weekend might be in order? I mean, if you carry a roster of 18 how about you use everyone and keep players fresh and healthy too?

Comment

Heard MKM from RI tore her ACL a month or two ago. Didn't know there was another high-profile player injured, but I heard of some lower level players are also blowing out their knees on regional teams, as my D filled in for a couple of late season games due to injuries.

Seems an epidemic for girls, especially from 14-16. Maybe more focus on strength and conditioning in the off-season, an actual off-season to rest and recuperate, and not playing multiple back to back matches every weekend might be in order? I mean, if you carry a roster of 18 how about you use everyone and keep players fresh and healthy too?
            It seems nefc is has had several players go down with acl injuries. One coach in particular seems especially snake bitten. I don't recall Stars having these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              It seems nefc is has had several players go down with acl injuries. One coach in particular seems especially snake bitten. I don't recall Stars having these issues.
              Every team has its share, including Stars.

Comment

Most schools have teachers that have to look up the positions on the internet.
                Most? Show your work.

Comment

Every team has its share, including Stars.
                  4 in one year from the same team?

Comment

4 in one year from the same team?
                    Its 3 from that team. One was contact.

Comment

Its 3 from that team. One was contact.
                      A parent told me that a player tore her acl just before the season started and then 3 during the season. My understanding is that 4 players on that team had acl injuries. That's a lot from one team.

Comment

A parent told me that a player tore her acl just before the season started and then 3 during the season. My understanding is that 4 players on that team had acl injuries. That's a lot from one team.
                        So are we saying that NEFC is responsible? That's alot, but ACL tears happen at every club. The clubs need to incorporate strength and conditioning to reduce these types of injuries. Until that happens this will continue.

Comment

A few years ago the team that is now seniors (before the age change merged 2 classes and pre breakers) had the same thing happen. The club's insatiable desire to win at all costs to prove themselves has consequences.

Comment

So are we saying that NEFC is responsible? That's alot, but ACL tears happen at every club. The clubs need to incorporate strength and conditioning to reduce these types of injuries. Until that happens this will continue.
                            Many clubs don't put the effort behind injury preventing strength and conditioning. Of course injuries will happen but 4 is above average in essentially one year. Prevention work can help lower the risk. Does the team get a discount with the orthopedist and physical therapist?

Comment

Many clubs don't put the effort behind injury preventing strength and conditioning. Of course injuries will happen but 4 is above average in essentially one year. Prevention work can help lower the risk. Does the team get a discount with the orthopedist and physical therapist?
                              Most clubs do an inadequate job when it comes to preventing injuries. Almost non existent cool down/stretching. Minimal engagement of trainers.

Comment

Most clubs do an inadequate job when it comes to preventing injuries. Almost non existent cool down/stretching. Minimal engagement of trainers.
                                Clubs are a business and players are mercenaries. Interchangeable parts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X