Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do his existing player like him? Noticed he only played 3 subs in the Gonzaga game. Clearly wanted to win rather than develop ll of his players in a meaningless game.
    When you only have a few wins for the season, every game is meaningful.

The player that scored the goal was a freshmen.

Comment

It's one of the few things she's done this year.

Comment

Do his existing player like him? Noticed he only played 3 subs in the Gonzaga game. Clearly wanted to win rather than develop ll of his players in a meaningless game.
        Players think he is clueless and have no faith in him. Consensus is that he has mental issues.

Comment

It's one of the few things she's done this year.
          Wow.. you sound a little bit jealous.

Comment

Players think he is clueless and have no faith in him. Consensus is that he has mental issues.
            It has always been this way. UoP players have always disliked him.

Comment

Are you kidding? What world are you living in? Maybe the players are excited about winning a game, but it's meaningless for Garrett. His goose was cooked earlier this year. Actually it was cooked when he let his recruiting classes get messed up so that he ended up having to play a bunch of freshmen defenders who should have been sitting and watching. Smith was done last year but the AD let him have one more year based upon his longevity. Coaching change turned the boys program around in one year. The AD has changed coaches in many other of the programs that were losing. Winning a couple of games at the end of the year is meaningless to the AD's decision. The only people who don't get that are you and Garrett.

Comment

Are you kidding? What world are you living in? Maybe the players are excited about winning a game, but it's meaningless for Garrett. His goose was cooked earlier this year. Actually it was cooked when he let his recruiting classes get messed up so that he ended up having to play a bunch of freshmen defenders who should have been sitting and watching. Smith was done last year but the AD let him have one more year based upon his longevity. Coaching change turned the boys program around in one year. The AD has changed coaches in many other of the programs that were losing. Winning a couple of games at the end of the year is meaningless to the AD's decision. The only people who don't get that are you and Garrett.
                So let's try to lose a game that they have a chance of winning?

Also, I didn't say the game was only meaningful to Garrett. These are competitors. They want to win.

We are no longer playing rec soccer where everyone gets in the games and orange slices at the end.

They had a chance to win 2 conference games in a row and they went for it.

I am sure if Garrett would have played all of his players and lost or tied, you would have gone on here telling everyone that was a stupid decision.

Comment

So let's try to lose a game that they have a chance of winning?

Also, I didn't say the game was only meaningful to Garrett. These are competitors. They want to win.

We are no longer playing rec soccer where everyone gets in the games and orange slices at the end.

They had a chance to win 2 conference games in a row and they went for it.

I am sure if Garrett would have played all of his players and lost or tied, you would have gone on here telling everyone that was a stupid decision.

Actually, it's a stupid decision to play the seniors. The season is lost. You do what a smart coach would do, play the younger players and just give the seniors a bit of time. And how do you play to lose? I don't even understand that comment. If Garrett is doing so well in your view, why is the record abysmal? But what the heck do I matter, I am just a person who used to go to UP when the atmosphere was great and the team won.

Comment

Actually, it's a stupid decision to play the seniors. The season is lost. You do what a smart coach would do, play the younger players and just give the seniors a bit of time. And how do you play to lose? I don't even understand that comment. If Garrett is doing so well in your view, why is the record abysmal? But what the heck do I matter, I am just a person who used to go to UP when the atmosphere was great and the team won.
                    I never said that Garrett is doing well. My comment was you play to win. I am not sure how you translated my comments into Garrett is doing well. The past few seasons have been bad and this season has been a disaster. You take the win where you can get them.

On the “play to lose comment” see the comment I was responding to

Comment

Breaking news!

GARRETT OUT!

Comment

Breaking news!

GARRETT OUT!
                        Not a fan of Garret, but never understoood how people get their undies in a bunch over the Oregon soccer coaches. No one will ever be good enough in your eyes

Comment

Not a fan of Garret, but never understoood how people get their undies in a bunch over the Oregon soccer coaches. No one will ever be good enough in your eyes
                          Actually, people are pretty happy with the boys coach. I think if you win, people are happy. Winning is something that Oregon teams have not been doing much of in the last several years.

Comment

The

Breaking news!

GARRETT OUT!
                            Is this true?

Comment

Is this true?
                              UP will follow the blueprint of the boys. I would be shocked if Smith is still there. They will give him the dignity to step down before his contract ends. He will be off to club soccer for a few years until he comes back to take the Portland State Job.

Comment

UP will follow the blueprint of the boys. I would be shocked if Smith is still there. They will give him the dignity to step down before his contract ends. He will be off to club soccer for a few years until he comes back to take the Portland State Job.
                                I think he is staking some hope in this little two game win streak and hoping that it carries over. However, even in a down year, BYU won't have much trouble with them and forget about Pepperdine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X