Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gps ?

Haven't been on this site for awhile as my son is now playing college soccer out of state. Glad to see the old threads are still there....

A friend with a 12 year old daughter is considering GPS in the Orlando area and wanted to know my thoughts. I don't know anything about the program, except it is a national program like Rush.

Any thoughts on what I can share with him?

A thoughtful response is hoped for, but not expected.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Haven't been on this site for awhile as my son is now playing college soccer out of state. Glad to see the old threads are still there....

A friend with a 12 year old daughter is considering GPS in the Orlando area and wanted to know my thoughts. I don't know anything about the program, except it is a national program like Rush.

I guess it all really depends on the coach. We are at GPS because of coach DL and wouldn't even think of going else where unless our son was offered a DA spot.

Comment

I guess it all really depends on the coach. We are at GPS because of coach DL and wouldn't even think of going else where unless our son was offered a DA spot.
      There is only one coach at GPS worth anything and the rest are garbage. Training is just trash.

Comment

Go to CFC - they have a strong girls team that age. If she is a player it will be well worth the experience, not to mention about 1/2 the price with an excellent coach.

Comment

Go to CFC - they have a strong girls team that age. If she is a player it will be well worth the experience, not to mention about 1/2 the price with an excellent coach.
          Probably not the smartest decision as I heard they did not have a good turn out and the were hurting for quality at the age group.

Comment

GPS training is not trash. Talk to returning players parents. They are all very happy. The 02 and 03 teams are decent and coaches care about your kid. The 02 team gets stronger every year. They had good turnouts at tryouts.

Comment

GPS training is not trash. Talk to returning players parents. They are all very happy. The 02 and 03 teams are decent and coaches care about your kid. The 02 team gets stronger every year. They had good turnouts at tryouts.
              Happy because they don't know any better.

Comment

GPS caring for your kid? Good one!

Comment

GPS tryouts for 2002 and 2003 girls looked strong. Lots of talent to choose from.

Comment

Probably not the smartest decision as I heard they did not have a good turn out and the were hurting for quality at the age group.
                    Ok, let's base our decision on one night of tryouts, when they have three left.

BTW - last time I checked, CFC beat GPS both U13 and U14 girls - so you decide what's best.

Do whatever you want - after all, paying $1500+ must be getting you a better product. LOL!

Comment

GPS seems to be taking over Florida Soccer slowly but surely. Money goes back to the program not into people's pockets.

Comment

GPS seems to be taking over Florida Soccer slowly but surely. Money goes back to the program not into people's pockets.
                        There is no ECNL or DA in the Fort Myers Naples area, and GPS West is carving out its niche.

Comment

GPS is a corporation that runs soccer clubs through out the USA . They pay Bairn Munich to use their name, they have some benefits but overall they use as win now methodolgy and have low quality coaches

Comment

GPS in Orlando has dropped off considerably. The quality is not there anymore and the game results prove it. GPS ORlando is a dying organization.

Comment

GPS in Orlando has dropped off considerably. The quality is not there anymore and the game results prove it. GPS ORlando is a dying organization.
                              Orlando is big enough for DA, ECNL and GPS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X