Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not sexist at all. The majority of volunteer coaches in soccer are male , and always have been .

Hmmm, still seems a bit Harvey-esque to me. Quote replied to stated "Potentially good coaches, mentors. FATHERS , and community minded individuals have in many cases been cast aside for the novelty presented."

Just come right out and tell us to go make you a sandwich already.

Comment

I'm right here. First one for my club, but it's a start. I now have 2 other non-dad coaches with a soccer background/interest assisting.

Not everyone has the drive to go make opportunities like that, but if the clubs or state/national bodies support, formalize, and advertise opportunities it would help.
      LHIFA in New Hampshire are doing some good work too

http://nhpr.org/post/low-cost-high-l...on-opportunity

Comment

LHIFA in New Hampshire are doing some good work too

http://nhpr.org/post/low-cost-high-l...on-opportunity
        My buddy is doing something similar in Manchester, NH. His goal is to get kids who cannot get into clubs at a young age some exposure to the game. It's purely volunteer work, but he has several local HS and club coaches to help him out.

It's worth noting, however, that this is to gain exposure to the game for youngin's. After, it's got to be handed off to someone who can dedicate more time to it.

Comment

Hmmm, still seems a bit Harvey-esque to me. Quote replied to stated "Potentially good coaches, mentors. FATHERS , and community minded individuals have in many cases been cast aside for the novelty presented."

Just come right out and tell us to go make you a sandwich already.
          Really ? Is that how your mind works? Extrapolating the meaning of my post with the deranged behavior of a monster ?

Thanks, but I can make my own sandwich.

Comment

Really ? Is that how your mind works? Extrapolating the meaning of my post with the deranged behavior of a monster ?

Thanks, but I can make my own sandwich.
            Next time...just write PARENTS no need to eliminate 52% of the population so callously...

Comment

Not sexist at all. The majority of volunteer coaches in soccer are male , and always have been .
              And the minority are female, and always have been.

Comment

Do these magnanimous bodies give their fields away for free? We have 6 fields in our town. All multi-use. Terrible shape. Actually watched someone tear an ACL just walking across them. No thanks.

As for these volunteer expert coaches...there is nothing from stopping them today. Where are they?

Really!!?? Tore an ACL walking across the field. I submit that it was going to tear at some point anyway.

Comment

Really!!?? Tore an ACL walking across the field. I submit that it was going to tear at some point anyway.
                  Possibly, but who knows. Never had a problem with it previously, and just came off a 4-year college DII career with no issues. Just walking back calmly, hit a hole, and popped.

Face it...town fields are management by government workers. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Do these magnanimous bodies give their fields away for free? We have 6 fields in our town. All multi-use. Terrible shape. Actually watched someone tear an ACL just walking across them. No thanks.

As for these volunteer expert coaches...there is nothing from stopping them today. Where are they?
                    I’m one of those expert volunteer coaches, but I tore my acl walking across a turf pitch

Comment

You get what you pay for.
                      Exactly. And you only get those that are willing/able to pay.

This is what I played on as a kid:

https://justbhoy.files.wordpress.com...laze.jpg?w=604

Ideal? Hell no. Letting kids play who couldn't otherwise afford to? Definitely.

Comment

Exactly. And you only get those that are willing/able to pay.

This is what I played on as a kid:

https://justbhoy.files.wordpress.com...laze.jpg?w=604

Ideal? Hell no. Letting kids play who couldn't otherwise afford to? Definitely.
                        Did you grow up in a prison?

Comment

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X