Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Revs are screwing players. It's totally legal for GPS to talk to them and poach them. Go get them.
    No one in their right mind would leave Revs for GPS.

Comment

The games are often recorded and posted online and the scores are public... blowouts are common. What do you think that means?
      I'd love to watch my nephew's DA games. Where did you find them posted online?

Comment

There's no online link. The guy is full of you know what. Total poser.

Comment

Just ask your nephew for a link to the games... if he doesn't know, have the parents ask the coach for a link, as game video review is required of all DA's and is included in the fees.

Comment

Just ask your nephew for a link to the games... if he doesn't know, have the parents ask the coach for a link, as game video review is required of all DA's and is included in the fees.
            Fees?

Comment

Thanks. I finally got a link from my brother. It definitely isn't public. I just figured I was missing something when that guy bashing the league said he could watch games online.

Comment

All you need to know:

Current ECNL, DAP clubs:

Stars, Scorpions, NEFC, Bolts

All started as nonprofits by volunteers, many of which were independently wealthy already, and scarcely had full time people, just to develop strong soccer players. As they built, most of the decision makers didn't get paid. They've all at some point made decisions that benefited national team level players and hurt financial bottom lines.

That may not seem to be the case, but it is, historically.

Meanwhile, GPS was started for profit from the very beginning, and it would be hard to find any decision they've ever made that has helped the club grow without additionally helping their bottom line. Their unwillingness to create elite pools out of their regions for most of their existence being one of the prime issues. The top players would leave to play for one of the above clubs. This is way before any of these leagues.

Now, you can look at the NPL and State Elite teams today, and you can see that the bottom line may eventually have been hurt by their long time decisions not to pool talent to compete with the top clubs. But that ship has probably sailed. GPS always loses the national team level players too early to make the difference it needs to make at the older age groups.
                This is spot on. Brilliant synopsis.

Comment

This is spot on. Brilliant synopsis.
                  Lolz. The trolls from NEFC who love to bash GPS are at it again. While GPS may be "for profit", they provide much more financial aid to families who couldn't otherwise afford to play club soccer than NEFC. In fact, having talked to many NEFC coaches over the years, it's always the same story: unless your kid was a super star, they weren't willing to give financial aid. Meanwhile, GPS gives freely to those in need, regardless of ability. GPS even has an affiliate in Puerto Rico, whom they recently did a fundraiser to provide aid to their soccer families impacted by the recent hurricanes.

NEFC non-profit status is a joke. How did they (and Stars) raise the money to purchase land and develop it for their fields in Mendon? Here's a hint... club player fees and tournament profits.

Hell, every MLS franchise is "for profit", and they all have fully-funded academies, so "for profit" can't be that bad, unless you're a non-profit with an agenda...

Comment

Fees?
                    The only DAP program without player fees in this region is the Revs... that leaves 4 other DAP programs between boys and girls where players pay fees. So yeah, fees...

Comment

Lolz. The trolls from NEFC who love to bash GPS are at it again. While GPS may be "for profit", they provide much more financial aid to families who couldn't otherwise afford to play club soccer than NEFC. In fact, having talked to many NEFC coaches over the years, it's always the same story: unless your kid was a super star, they weren't willing to give financial aid. Meanwhile, GPS gives freely to those in need, regardless of ability. GPS even has an affiliate in Puerto Rico, whom they recently did a fundraiser to provide aid to their soccer families impacted by the recent hurricanes.

NEFC non-profit status is a joke. How did they (and Stars) raise the money to purchase land and develop it for their fields in Mendon? Here's a hint... club player fees and tournament profits.

Hell, every MLS franchise is "for profit", and they all have fully-funded academies, so "for profit" can't be that bad, unless you're a non-profit with an agenda...
                      Please dude. That analysis is the best synopsis of gps I’ve seen. Awesome business model. Cornering the market and milking local towns for rudimentary training and tryout evals is brilliant. Elite player developer, not at all, albeit much better on the boys side. Girls are just a never ending cash cow for them.

Comment

I don't think you understand how non-profits work.

Comment

The only DAP program without player fees in this region is the Revs... that leaves 4 other DAP programs between boys and girls where players pay fees. So yeah, fees...
                          Having been associated with both GPS and DA I can tell you pay to play DA is cheaper.

Comment

Having been associated with both GPS and DA I can tell you pay to play DA is cheaper.
                            Taking Revs out of the equation, for pay to play clubs... They are all going to be fairly equal... If people are worried about a few hundred dollars here or there.... find another sport/hobby (i.e. hiking, maybe?). Lol.

Things to consider:

1) Location of the club to you. Is the travel to practice going to be a big negative for your family? If so, it's ok *as long as* point #2 is understood.

2) Player dedication to the game. If you are ever dragging your player to practice - give it up. Your player has to be motivated to play, don't let it be you pushing your player to do something that he/she isn't 99% happy doing.

3) Realistic expectations for your own player. If your player is 13+, no amount of training is going to get your player from a good player to a phenomenal player. That's the truth. Yes, kids can develop and improve at a faster rate than others with extra work or a coach trainer/coach... But thinking that your player will suddenly stand out from the crowd simply because they were asked to play DA is not realistic. In fact, just read these threads... many suggest the opposite.

4) Look at the clubs coaches and teams... How do they play as a team? Is it kickball or possession type soccer (and yes, I've seen a few Academy teams play kickball style soccer).

5) Where does your player want to go with soccer? Face it, your player is not going further than College soccer -- other than a few select few. So, assume it's not happening (because it isn't). So, then you look to what level of College soccer do you see your player playing at? Consideration must be given to their academic level as well... Which seems like an obvious point, but sometimes, I wonder.

I could go on but I won't... just things to consider.

Comment

Taking Revs out of the equation, for pay to play clubs... They are all going to be fairly equal... If people are worried about a few hundred dollars here or there.... find another sport/hobby (i.e. hiking, maybe?). Lol.

Things to consider:

1) Location of the club to you. Is the travel to practice going to be a big negative for your family? If so, it's ok *as long as* point #2 is understood.

2) Player dedication to the game. If you are ever dragging your player to practice - give it up. Your player has to be motivated to play, don't let it be you pushing your player to do something that he/she isn't 99% happy doing.

3) Realistic expectations for your own player. If your player is 13+, no amount of training is going to get your player from a good player to a phenomenal player. That's the truth. Yes, kids can develop and improve at a faster rate than others with extra work or a coach trainer/coach... But thinking that your player will suddenly stand out from the crowd simply because they were asked to play DA is not realistic. In fact, just read these threads... many suggest the opposite.

4) Look at the clubs coaches and teams... How do they play as a team? Is it kickball or possession type soccer (and yes, I've seen a few Academy teams play kickball style soccer).

5) Where does your player want to go with soccer? Face it, your player is not going further than College soccer -- other than a few select few. So, assume it's not happening (because it isn't). So, then you look to what level of College soccer do you see your player playing at? Consideration must be given to their academic level as well... Which seems like an obvious point, but sometimes, I wonder.

I could go on but I won't... just things to consider.
                              6) If you're son is playing for GPS MA METRO BOSTON ELITE WHITE - BOYS 04 and you're paying more than an Academy parent you should probably hit yourself in the face with a frying pan. And repeat. And repeat again.

Comment

6) If you're son is playing for GPS MA METRO BOSTON ELITE WHITE - BOYS 04 and you're paying more than an Academy parent you should probably hit yourself in the face with a frying pan. And repeat. And repeat again.
                                Wow. Really.... calling out one specific team? You should probably get a life outside of mocking 12/13 year old kids. Keep in mind there were players turning down Revs Academy offers. What does that say about the reputation of the Revs? Just wondering. Every year there will be some who have a great team and things work out well and there will be teams which falter and people are upset with the money that they shell out. This happens every year and with every club. Are you new to club soccer or what?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X