Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Town Soccer

Which Town has the best program, year in year out?

In no particular order off the top of my head, I would say Ludlow, Easton, Medway, Weymouth, Framingham, Needham, the Bridgewater's, Dartmouth, Agawam, Peabody, Newburyport, Marlboro, Georgetown, Whitman, Sutton, Oceana(PTown - Cahatham). I'm sure I'm missing more Than a couple, and some will disagree with a couple. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      In no particular order off the top of my head, I would say Ludlow, Easton, Medway, Weymouth, Framingham, Needham, the Bridgewater's, Dartmouth, Agawam, Peabody, Newburyport, Marlboro, Georgetown, Whitman, Sutton, Oceana(PTown - Cahatham). I'm sure I'm missing more Than a couple, and some will disagree with a couple. Anyone else?
      Newton

Comment

Newton
        block island

Comment

Originally posted by header View Post
          Which Town has the best program, year in year out?
          Who has the best town program?
          MPS

Comment

Who has the best town program?
            MPS
            why because they will take anyone that can pay the bill??

Comment

why because they will take anyone that can pay the bill??
              Because every other club is throwing kids back, right? If there is more than 3 kids they will all, either find a spot somewhere on a lower team, and promise they will be given a shot at the better teams once he/she gets in to the games, or they will try and form a team around the three. No way they are letting a possible $6,000 walk out the door. I've heard of coaches who refuse to coach teams like this, but never seen a club let them go, to join another who may need someone now, and be a good fit.

Comment

Wellesley

Comment

Wellesley
                  The better question is what proportion of those teams listed have 25% or more that play club?

Comment

The better question is what proportion of those teams listed have 25% or more that play club?

In our town there seems to be fewer kids entering club soccer. Some start to see the differences at U13/U14 and then consider it, but still quite a bit less than in past years.

Comment

Newton
                      I think it goes in athletic cycles & who is the coach at the town level. My son is playing D3 now. His coach was/is a Great coach who is also a Stars of Mass coach . Many, many town kids playing D3 & a D1 in Cali.

Comment

In our town there seems to be fewer kids entering club soccer. Some start to see the differences at U13/U14 and then consider it, but still quite a bit less than in past years.
                        Right around U13 the town parents start scrambling to find a club. History repeats itself every year. Many times it's too late.

Comment

Newton
                          Kingston / Silver Lake

Comment

Newton
                            Southborough, Natick, Walpole, Medfield, Arlington.

Comment

Look at any consistent top performer high schools and you will get you answer. No matter the club, virtually all started in town

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X