Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outdoor soccer goals

Has anyone found a good deal on an outdoor soccer goal that you can tell me about? I am looking for something that is 11v11 in size. It does not need to be a proper goal (crossbar, etc). I need something for them to use in the backyard that is almost like the net that is used behind the goal so the ball does not go in the neighbors yard. .... Thoughts?

This company has some great prices on netting. You just might have to get a little creative to get the net supported. One thought is to get as big a net as possible that you can figure a way to put up in yard and then use use duct tape to frame the goal within the net.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...Florida%20Nets

Comment

there are also some "pop-up" ones that you can put together and take down pretty easily that I have seen some teams use for practices..dont know who sells them

Comment

Try Craigslist - friend just got a great deal on a big one. Had to borrow a truck to get it home but it was worth it.

Comment

Get a new neighbor !

Comment

I used 6 of the old nets the town rec league was tossing out. I fixed the holes with some twine, and strung them together with the twine. I then took XX amount of feet, of the coverd wire used for dog runs. Attached 2 eye hooks, 1 to a tree, and 1 to the house. Strung the wire through the top of the nets. Atached leash clips on both ends. Clipped them onto the hooks, and let the 70 feet wide, and 40 feet high combined nets drape down about 3 feet from the ground(I had a 4 ft fence there as well). Easy when it had to be moved, to mow. Either unclipped 1 side, or just pulled 1 side of the netting, to open like a theatre curtain. It moved smooth on the plastic coating, around the wire. It cost less than $50(most towns toss a few nets a year, and HS usually have as well. Just had to ask). Total of 2 hrs to do, by self.

Comment

try looking up Bownet. Expensive but worth it. Can be broken down very easily.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X