Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is this club even relevant anymore? Stars North took all the good girls and the boys teams are just average. With little competition for players in the area they seem fat and happy and really haven't made the jump to being a top club. No real home field has their teams playing all over the place which is never a positive for families. Might be about time for GPS or another big $ club to come in and buy out MK and turn this thing around.
    This is such an odd comment. Stars North has what......one young boys' team that is smallish? Not sure why someone had to go so negative regarding this topic. DS is great and I am sure MK is too. can we just get back to the OP's point?

Comment

It is just what they do. Next they will start assessing blame and the whole thread will cease to be about the original topic. Doc is a great guy. We wish him well.

Comment

U15-U17 girls all nationally ranked and those north teams were following suit and the guy who played a big part is out. It's time for MK to get out and let this region flourish.
        "nationally ranked..." Good one (although I suppose it's not a lie, since they didn't say that they were highly ranked teams)

Comment

"nationally ranked..." Good one (although I suppose it's not a lie, since they didn't say that they were highly ranked teams)
          Although got soccer isn't always accurate their now 15s were 15th in the country, the 16s 18th, and the 17s 21st in the country at the end of last season. The 15s have since dropped since playing no tournaments since last spring but I wouldn't say thats not highly ranked.

Comment

This is such an odd comment. Stars North has what......one young boys' team that is smallish? Not sure why someone had to go so negative regarding this topic. DS is great and I am sure MK is too. can we just get back to the OP's point?
            Nothing odd. Aztec is pretty much the only show in the North Shore for boys and they are average at all ages. Girls have lost out to Stars North for top talent. Time for some new blood with new ideas... and get a home field squared away!

Comment

Nothing odd. Aztec is pretty much the only show in the North Shore for boys and they are average at all ages. Girls have lost out to Stars North for top talent. Time for some new blood with new ideas... and get a home field squared away!
              Average because their DOC does not have a clue.

Comment

His decision but forced by MKs ego and need to feel like a big, important soccer mind. This is a loss for the club and my guess is a few other coaches who are very loyal to him will likely be next to leave.

Aztecs should pray he takes a college job and doesn't land with another club where players could follow him.

Comment

DS and GC are both great coaches . I do think they have a different view on things but that's just life. I would say GC wants to make the club better and the teams stronger from 14's down. Maybe we will see a touch of the Stars tactics ........

Comment

Aztec suffers from the same problem the south shore clubs do, traffic. It prevents a whole lot of talent from other parts of the state from considering them because the commute would be awful. That limits their potential as a club so any move towards being a heavy recruiting club is bound to be met with failure.

Comment

DS and GC are both great coaches . I do think they have a different view on things but that's just life. I would say GC wants to make the club better and the teams stronger from 14's down. Maybe we will see a touch of the Stars tactics ........
                      What are the Stars tactics? He knows them well enough.

Comment

Aztec suffers from the same problem the south shore clubs do, traffic. It prevents a whole lot of talent from other parts of the state from considering them because the commute would be awful. That limits their potential as a club so any move towards being a heavy recruiting club is bound to be met with failure.
                        You are correct. The only option they have is to pickup some field space closer to 93-495 area. Although the training and college support at the HS level is very good and the teams do draw from further south. I do think players will travel if they get what they want.

Comment

What are the Stars tactics? He knows them well enough.
                          HAHAHA ! Can you say time to SHAKE IT UP!

Comment

GC is a good coach and a hard worker. I am sure he will have a lot of success moving forward and Aztec will benefit from that.

Not sure why DS left but good luck to him as well.

Comment

GC is a good coach and a hard worker. I am sure he will have a lot of success moving forward and Aztec will benefit from that.

Not sure why DS left but good luck to him as well.
                              I thought he is still coaching at club.

Comment

MK you have confirmed what we already knew sir you're an idiot. You don't let Doc walk and you don't make a Stars guy the face of your club. GC can't be trusted so neither will Aztec so watch how other clubs respond to you guys. Nobody will even blink about sticking it to you and GC!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X