Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What was he last year when he had 13 goals and 7 assists vs. Lee (disappear when it counts )Hguyen with 4 goals and 7 assists? In exactly what game did you see evidence that his skills had disappeared? NONE. Because Heaps and Kraft made a decision to hide him on the bench all year. What a shame.
    We see this in high school and in premier as well. Nothing new.

Comment

You do know the professional soccer players who play defense, score goals, right? Go look at his career in college and see how many he scored. For a #1 overall pick, he was poor and got abused.
      So, based on your thinking, should Diego have been playing outside back ahead of Farrell because he scores more goals? I don't disagree that Farrell got smoked last night, but I don't think Diego was an option

Comment

It was kelyn Rowe who should have blocked the first goal from LA . He just stood there . Should have stuck his left foot out and blocked the shot .

Comment

To the guy relentlessly posting about Diego: Heaps gave him many chances early in the season. He just wasn't performing. There were other players that stepped up. He had his chances but just couldn't deliver.

Comment

To the guy relentlessly posting about Diego: Heaps gave him many chances early in the season. He just wasn't performing. There were other players that stepped up. He had his chances but just couldn't deliver.

The 2014 stats, and what I watched, tell a different story.
            Do you remember one thing Kobayashi or Andy Dorman did all year? Yet they get in yesterdays game ahead of Diego? Andy Dorman????????????

Yesterday was an awful day for the Revs and the MLS. The game was bad and the Revs were terrible. Can you name one player that has grown under Jay Heaps and Burns? Maybe Lee Hguyen but he disappeared in the last two games when it really counted. Diego has more raw skill than anyone on this team and it's a shame that his development has stalled. I put it more on the Revs than Diego. If this team didn't have Jones (whose develpoment they had nothing to do with) coming down the stretch, they go nowhere.

Comment

Do you remember one thing Kobayashi or Andy Dorman did all year? Yet they get in yesterdays game ahead of Diego? Andy Dorman????????????

Yesterday was an awful day for the Revs and the MLS. The game was bad and the Revs were terrible. Can you name one player that has grown under Jay Heaps and Burns? Maybe Lee Hguyen but he disappeared in the last two games when it really counted. Diego has more raw skill than anyone on this team and it's a shame that his development has stalled. I put it more on the Revs than Diego. If this team didn't have Jones (whose develpoment they had nothing to do with) coming down the stretch, they go nowhere.
              Neither team played well. The real difference was the goalkeeper. Maybe that is where the money should be spent now. I am sure that Matt Reis was able to help LA beat Shuttleworth. He knows him well and knows his weaknesses, although frankly, they are not that hard to see!

Comment

Diego should head west. He has no future playing for Heaps. It's typical English soccer. They look for rock em sock em type players, not crafty skilled players.

Comment

If it wasn't for BS it would have been worse. Backs played with too much fear of what LA is capable of doing up top. CB Backs dropped like HS sweeper, and it bit them n the butt, on the Keane goal. JH made a point in the half time interview, that the wide backs need to get more involved in the counter. They made it up a couple times once they gained possession, in the last third, but they didn't hold it up enough. Finding Keane/Rogers to get at Farrell on the counter, was the game plan for LA. I was praying that JH would go to a 5-4-1(Davies shouldnt have been the 1 up top, he only made runs forward/very dissapointed in coaching staff on this one),and let the wide backs feel safer, to get off their marks, and push forward without fear. Would have forced Rogers and Donavan to defend, and drop deeper onto LA side, to defend width and have #s back. Keane would have been a man on an island. The game plan was good, but JH didn't adjust to make it happen, and Bruce saw it early. Playing with four in the back was a mistake! The dropping and lunging made it easy for LA. Revs didn't make it hard on Rogers, and Donavan, and ended up playing right into their plan. Heaps needed someone on staff, who can see this, and speak up! The Fagundez snuff, is a mystery to me, but if you've noticed the body language on the coach and DF, when they are talking, you get the feeling they are not on the same page with each other. He could have played a role, if they had gone with 5 in the back. Enjoy the off season Revs fans, can't wait for training to start in Feb!

Comment

Apples and oranges. neither Kobayashi or Dorman play different position and don't compete with DF. Dorman came in a a sub for the injured Lee Nguyen.

DF may have "raw skill" but let's be honest- he lacks the physical ability to make it (arguably his tactical abilities suffered this season too which is in part why Jay kept him out.)

Comment

Apples and oranges. neither Kobayashi or Dorman play different position and don't compete with DF. Dorman came in a a sub for the injured Lee Nguyen.

DF may have "raw skill" but let's be honest- he lacks the physical ability to make it (arguably his tactical abilities suffered this season too which is in part why Jay kept him out.)
                      typo: "Kobayashi or Dorman play different position and don't compete with DF"

Comment

Right. At age 18 he was the dominant player on the team and had the skills to have far more goals and assists than anyone else , but now he is over the hill at 19 and the skills are gone.
                        They were not prepared yesterday and were lucky to not get beat 5 or 6 -0. And without Jones they get nowhere near the finals.

Again I ask to anyone, name one player who has improved under Heaps and Burns? Maybe Lee Hguyen but he melted down when they needed him most and threw any National team hopes out the window. Mullins has done little and Farrell has gone backwards at best. I can see why Agudelo wanted out. I sincerely hope they trade Fagundez so he gets a chance to grow under another organization.

Comment

Right. At age 18 he was the dominant player on the team and had the skills to have far more goals and assists than anyone else , but now he is over the hill at 19 and the skills are gone.
                          They were not prepared yesterday and were lucky to not get beat 5 or 6 -0. And without Jones they get nowhere near the finals.

Again I ask to anyone, name one player who has improved under Heaps and Burns? Maybe Lee Hguyen but he melted down when they needed him most and threw any National team hopes out the window. Mullins has done little and Farrell has gone backwards at best. I can see why Agudelo wanted out. I sincerely hope they trade Fagundez so he gets a chance to grow under another organization.
                          look at the stats- results matter- he wasn't performing at games (and from what I hear at practices too) so other players got his starting position. It worked better for him in last years lineup not so this year. The best players find a way to make it work. He couldn't so maybe it's time to find another team where he's a better fit.

Players who improved under Heaps: Nguyen (Have to look at the whole season)- there's a reason he was called to the National team, Goncalves, Davies and arguably Tierney and Caldwell.

Comment

I want to trade you!

Comment

Revs let the only guy go (Mullins) who did anything in the final and say their most talented player, Diego Fagundez, who they turned into a bench ornament, will be back next year. And they still hold the rights to the United States best striker, Juan Agudelo, and he's playing nowhere.

Can you say 'messed up organization'?

Please let Diego go to a club that will play him. Glad to see he will be playing with Uruguay's U20 National team and there is interest in him from Europe. Let him go!

And what Soares did at the end of the game was one of the crappiest things ever done in any sporting event. If it was a hockey game, someone would've, very deservedly, kicked his butt into next year. Glad to know he will probably not be back.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X