Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Never said I was trying to be courageous. You guys are obviously the ones who do it. You must be proud. Having your 13 year old check 10 year old into the boards is awesome if it means you get trophies.
    Obviously you are not trying to be courageous. You just want to bitch. Why not bitch to the folks that might fix it?

Comment

Ok big guy. First off ... myself or the coach reported NO ONE, and don't intend to. Secondly, unless your kid was playing down an age group or not really on the roster, I don't have one issue with what you did. I'm talking about rules that are in place for a reason (age divisions and team stacking rules) that are constantly thwarted by coaches simply to win games. Those are the people who I have a problem with.
      I know that at a number of the facilities the age groupings tend to be more of a guideline than a strict line of separation. It is not because anyone is trying to cheat rather it is more that they are trying to level out the competition and the number of teams across brackets. Balancing the brackets in these indoor session is far from an exact science. I have seen the situation you describe plenty of times but not for the nefarious reasons you say. Usually the older kids are not actually very good and they get pushed down in an attempt to equalize really tough younger brackets that have one or two really good teams in them who are pulverizing their competition. Typically the facility is trying to give those two teams better games to prevent them from totally running away with the bracket so they bring teams down rather than push them up where the players might get hurt. Unfortunately sometimes there are still weak teams (like yours apparently) that also end up in that kind of bracket that can't match up with any of the other teams and this gives their coaches an opportunity to complain like little children. The issue really is if your team were better you would be able to compete with those teams and wouldn't feel the need to whine. If you feel that strongly why don't you have the facility move your team down a bracket. Then you can be the bully that some other coach is complaining about.

Comment

Cause you are teaching your kids cheating is ok, and there is a safety issue at play. And if it's only indoor why do you feel the need to cheat to win, it's only indoor afterall.
        Cheating? Please. Lemme guess. Dad coach. Right? Dime a dozen. Your feelings got hurt. When your team was getting killed, it became about you. Get a life.

I love the safety issue. It is soccer, not football. If you played against older/different kids and won, we never would have heard from you. Wuss.

Comment

Cause you are teaching your kids cheating is ok, and there is a safety issue at play. And if it's only indoor why do you feel the need to cheat to win, it's only indoor afterall.
          Yup! Good points!!

Comment

Yup! Good points!!
            Why not go to the league/facility and bring up your concerns? If it is cheating, address it.

Or you can come on here and moan. Your call.

Comment

Cheating? Please. Lemme guess. Dad coach. Right? Dime a dozen. Your feelings got hurt. When your team was getting killed, it became about you. Get a life.

I love the safety issue. It is soccer, not football. If you played against older/different kids and won, we never would have heard from you. Wuss.
              Wrong wrong and wrong. Not a coach and our U11 team has actually won most of the games (even against the U13 players), but I'm sorry there is no reason a 13 year old 7th grader should be playing a 10 year old 5th grader, unless the 10 year old is playing up on purpose.

Comment

Why not go to the league/facility and bring up your concerns? If it is cheating, address it.

Or you can come on here and moan. Your call.
                I'm talking soccer issues on a soccer board. I suppose we could talk more ECNL vs NPL or D3 vs D1 if you want, but I thought it would be a different topic to discuss since I saw it happen again today and it was on my mind. And If the coach of our team wants to address it, he will. Because it's indoor we don't, but I still think it is really lame other teams do this.

Comment

I'm talking soccer issues on a soccer board. I suppose we could talk more ECNL vs NPL or D3 vs D1 if you want, but I thought it would be a different topic to discuss since I saw it happen again today and it was on my mind. And If the coach of our team wants to address it, he will. Because it's indoor we don't, but I still think it is really lame other teams do this.
                  "we". Gave yourself up there. A little too invested in indoor with your kid. Probably your first kid. Calm down, it is a long ride.

Let's talk about overinflated Futsal balls. That is a great topic.

Comment

Wrong wrong and wrong. Not a coach and our U11 team has actually won most of the games (even against the U13 players), but I'm sorry there is no reason a 13 year old 7th grader should be playing a 10 year old 5th grader, unless the 10 year old is playing up on purpose.
                    Clubs like the Scorpions/Breakers routinely push their better teams up and you see them playing in older brackets in far more competitive situations than indoor soccer so there is a very clear history in this state for this sort of thing. The idea that a facility might move an older team down to cool off a bracket is hardly unheard of and in fact should be applauded.

Comment

"we". Gave yourself up there. A little too invested in indoor with your kid. Probably your first kid. Calm down, it is a long ride.

Let's talk about overinflated Futsal balls. That is a great topic.
                      Wrong again. Keep deflecting. Everyone is very defensive. Should have known the TS crew would be the defenders of cheating. Haha!

Comment

Clubs like the Scorpions/Breakers routinely push their better teams up and you see them playing in older brackets in far more competitive situations than indoor soccer so there is a very clear history in this state for this sort of thing. The idea that a facility might move an older team down to cool off a bracket is hardly unheard of and in fact should be applauded.
                        Moving an older team down an age bracket is unheard of indoor or outdoor. What are you smoking?

Comment

Wrong again. Keep deflecting. Everyone is very defensive. Should have known the TS crew would be the defenders of cheating. Haha!
                          Sorry you lost today. Very sad. I hope you make it through the day.

Comment

Moving an older team down an age bracket is unheard of indoor or outdoor. What are you smoking?
                            Maybe where you are at but certainly not at the 3-4 different facilities where my various kids have played indoor over the 17+ years we were doing it.

Comment

Its the facilities rule, and every coach is given a copy of them, when they sign up. It usually requires a signature. The coach should be communicating with the players/parents, and know who is playing on other teams, and what division, along with the date the facility uses as a cut off. US soccer uses the January 1, and USYSA/USCS use August 1, and thats the responsibility of the coach. I agree things like that ate honest mistakes, but really is the lack of follow through at either the facility, or Head Coach level. Not the kid, and they are the ones ultimately punished, and the adults just feel bad. There really should be more wiggle room in these types of situations, but unfortunately those rules need to exist, because of coaches who will purposely skirt the rules for an indoor session 1 trophy, by playing intelligible players. Plus they know it's the first thing a lawyer/judge will ask for when that parent sues the facility for the teams money back. I do however wish there was more understanding when it comes to the kid who is a few days/weeks over the cut off, and is in the grade of the kids on the team. There are more than a few, and doesnt make sense to me. I think this could be handled different with some communication, and transparency.

Comment

I missed all of this outrage when your team won against the same older kids. Funny how safety is now the primary concern. Seems like when you win all is good. Weird.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X