Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheating in indoor soccer

I blame these indoor facilities for not monitoring these little roster tamperings more, but I have to laugh at these coaches who think it sends good messages to their players when they cheat in order to get a win..

So far this season my kids U11 team (playing in U12 division) has played a team with U13 players on it, and another whose entire roster changed after we beat them in our first game, and they came back to the rematch with at least 6 entirely new (and better/older) players just so they could win. They had a full bench in the first game they lost to us in so I know it wasn't a case of them "being absent" the first game, they either just have a roster of 20 and alternate which players play in which games depending on who they are playing, or they just bring in their ringers when needed so they can trophy hunt.

These are just two examples from this season, but it happens all the time. It's indoor so it really means very little, which is exactly even more reason why these tactics are ridiculous. It's not fair to the team's who play within the rules, or if you are kid on the real roster getting bumped for a ringer not really on the team. And if you have a kid playing down an age division... you really must be proud.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I blame these indoor facilities for not monitoring these little roster tamperings more, but I have to laugh at these coaches who think it sends good messages to their players when they cheat in order to get a win..

So far this season my kids U11 team (playing in U12 division) has played a team with U13 players on it, and another whose entire roster changed after we beat them in our first game, and they came back to the rematch with at least 6 entirely new (and better/older) players just so they could win. They had a full bench in the first game they lost to us in so I know it wasn't a case of them "being absent" the first game, they either just have a roster of 20 and alternate which players play in which games depending on who they are playing, or they just bring in their ringers when needed so they can trophy hunt.

These are just two examples from this season, but it happens all the time. It's indoor so it really means very little, which is exactly even more reason why these tactics are ridiculous. It's not fair to the team's who play within the rules, or if you are kid on the real roster getting bumped for a ringer not really on the team. And if you have a kid playing down an age division... you really must be proud.
    If you're going to get your panties in a bunch over U12 indoor why would you half ***** a post like this? Call out the teams and the facility. No one wants to play your guessing game.

Comment

If you're going to get your panties in a bunch over U12 indoor why would you half ***** a post like this? Call out the teams and the facility. No one wants to play your guessing game.
      I don't feel the need to call out anyone. I've seen it happen at least 3 facilities, and dozens of teams (both club and travel teams) over the years. The coaches who do this know who they are and they are lame and setting horrible examples to their players. I could care less about results in indoor, as long as they are achieved fairly. Any one defends "cheating in indoor or at younger age groups, s a punk and terrible role model and I wouldn't want my kid playing for them...ESPECIALLY when they're young.

Comment

I don't feel the need to call out anyone. I've seen it happen at least 3 facilities, and dozens of teams (both club and travel teams) over the years. The coaches who do this know who they are and they are lame and setting horrible examples to their players. I could care less about results in indoor, as long as they are achieved fairly. Any one defends "cheating in indoor or at younger age groups, s a punk and terrible role model and I wouldn't want my kid playing for them...ESPECIALLY when they're young.
        Sorry for the typos ... typing from iPhone and it hates me.

Comment

Not to mention the safety issue of having U11 kids playing U13 kids I'm indoor where injuries are much more frequent. The size difference between 5th and 7th graders can be vast. But, hey, as long as they can win a game.

Comment

I once had a town coach use a roster rule to disqualify my 3rd grader from playing in a championship game. The guy had literally studied the facility's rules and sent a number of emails alerting them to the fact that my kid was playing on multiple teams so when we showed up for the game that coach was standing there on the sideline with the owner of the facility barring them from playing. This was at the end of a second session and my kid had played for both teams all winter. We also paid to be a part of both teams in both sessions and my child played in every game so there was hardly any attempt to hide something or sandbag anyone. My kid simply liked (still does) play a lot of soccer and all we were doing is supporting and encouraging that interest. It is people like you and that scumbag town coach who make these indoor leagues into way more than they are intended to be. Get a grip, indoor is a "recreational" level of soccer and half of the issues you cite can easily be explained as nothing more than the casualness of that level.

Comment

I once had a town coach use a roster rule to disqualify my 3rd grader from playing in a championship game. The guy had literally studied the facility's rules and sent a number of emails alerting them to the fact that my kid was playing on multiple teams so when we showed up for the game that coach was standing there on the sideline with the owner of the facility barring them from playing. This was at the end of a second session and my kid had played for both teams all winter. We also paid to be a part of both teams in both sessions and my child played in every game so there was hardly any attempt to hide something or sandbag anyone. My kid simply liked (still does) play a lot of soccer and all we were doing is supporting and encouraging that interest. It is people like you and that scumbag town coach who make these indoor leagues into way more than they are intended to be. Get a grip, indoor is a "recreational" level of soccer and half of the issues you cite can easily be explained as nothing more than the casualness of that level.
              Ok big guy. First off ... myself or the coach reported NO ONE, and don't intend to. Secondly, unless your kid was playing down an age group or not really on the roster, I don't have one issue with what you did. I'm talking about rules that are in place for a reason (age divisions and team stacking rules) that are constantly thwarted by coaches simply to win games. Those are the people who I have a problem with.

Comment

Whiny wuss. Friggin indoor? who cares?

Comment

Whiny wuss. Friggin indoor? who cares?
                  Cause you are teaching your kids cheating is ok, and there is a safety issue at play. And if it's only indoor why do you feel the need to cheat to win, it's only indoor afterall.

Comment

Cause you are teaching your kids cheating is ok, and there is a safety issue at play. And if it's only indoor why do you feel the need to cheat to win, it's only indoor afterall.
                    Posting this on t-s will definitely solve the problem. You are very courageous.

Comment

You remind me of a dad a couple years ago. We put 1 team in futsal league, and rotated the 16 players every other game. When we got to semis, we brought all players minus 3 for BBall. Dad didn't like that we beat his daughters team, and made a spectacle of himself. Once it was explained to him, he still thought it was cheating. His reasoning was, his daughter didn't get the chance to play our better players and it put "his daughter" in a bad position, and she was embarrassed.

Comment

Never said I was trying to be courageous. You guys are obviously the ones who do it. You must be proud. Having your 13 year old check 10 year old into the boards is awesome if it means you get trophies.

Comment

Thank you. It is recreational. If you treat it as anything else, you have serious issues.

Comment

Never said I was trying to be courageous. You guys are obviously the ones who do it. You must be proud. Having your 13 year old check 10 year old into the boards is awesome if it means you get trophies.

Comment

Thank you. It is recreational. If you treat it as anything else, you have serious issues.
                              I agree, it should be treated recreationally, so cheating to win is ludicrous. But they have rules for a reason. Why have them if you're not gonna follow them? When I play you next time I should bring my 16 year old to play your 12 year old, because afterall it shouldn't matter since it's just indoor. You guys are making the OP point.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X