Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do playing in Region 1 or ECNL or NPL make your kid a better player????

The simple answer is it doesn't! Which messes with easy route and lazy parent take to measure their players progress. People wear these league patches and badges like it's some honor. It isn't. Wake up folks. You have been sold a bill of goods on a league!!!

Your purpose is your kid's development. Not the team or league your kids team plays in. I get it. It's easier to associate league this or team that with your kids's development or whatever. That's so lazy on your part parents. The improvement and your success transferred as you stick your chest out. Harder to measure improvement in your kid's actual development vs. others. Takes more work. The argument about leagues should be better spent on a discussion about actual player development that is what everyone is in club soccer is really concerned about. Good info is really about development not leagues which this site tends to miss. This site reeks of NEFC vs. Stars and two other guys like the leagues or their shortcomings really matter a lick. They don't.
    This is just so silly. Tell us please in what youth sport or for that matter any endeavor at any level where people don't generally play in the most competitive leagues they can. It's not even about money or scholarships. It's just a natural phenomenon. How many kids/families even at the town level CHOOSE to play on the town C team instead of the town A team? I mean, really, how many more months and years can we keep harping on this total non-issue?

Comment

so i dont have a player in this fight as i dont have a daughter that plays soccer and my son is still pretty young, so I won't take sides but simply try and offer some objectivity here as best someone can in a neutral way on this site. My experience playing sports, being a parent, and spending some time looking at this simply tells me that there are always multiple ways to success in sports but have some common criteria. You need physical tools, drive, and support along the way and to play good competition to grow. But whether we are talking hockey, baseball, soccer or many sports there are often various leagues and avenues to play good competition. For example, if you want to be a pro hockey player you can play in the junior leagues in Canada or go to college and in both cases if you are good can become a pro. But there are differing opinions as to which is best. Can you somehow come up with hard and fast data that says one will more likely bring you success ? of course you can. But there are often tradeoffs around money, quality of life, less time for family and friends, etc. So pick the one that is right for you and your son/daughter and invest fully in whatever path you choose. Perhaps some day all of these leagues will sort themselves out and their will be a real pecking order to follow, but that seems unlikely at this point. Good luck.

Comment

so i dont have a player in this fight as i dont have a daughter that plays soccer and my son is still pretty young, so I won't take sides but simply try and offer some objectivity here as best someone can in a neutral way on this site. My experience playing sports, being a parent, and spending some time looking at this simply tells me that there are always multiple ways to success in sports but have some common criteria. You need physical tools, drive, and support along the way and to play good competition to grow. But whether we are talking hockey, baseball, soccer or many sports there are often various leagues and avenues to play good competition. For example, if you want to be a pro hockey player you can play in the junior leagues in Canada or go to college and in both cases if you are good can become a pro. But there are differing opinions as to which is best. Can you somehow come up with hard and fast data that says one will more likely bring you success ? of course you can. But there are often tradeoffs around money, quality of life, less time for family and friends, etc. So pick the one that is right for you and your son/daughter and invest fully in whatever path you choose. Perhaps some day all of these leagues will sort themselves out and their will be a real pecking order to follow, but that seems unlikely at this point. Good luck.
        What a collossal waste of time and money. On the boys U13 side, Bethesda and Penn Fusion are the best ranked teams and they are not very good. Massachusetts teams are far more superior. Region 1 league is more smoke and mirrors. USYSA vs. Club Soccer
        Have fun for those who have bought into this Region1 league nonsense and kiss your spring goodbye. BTW, pick up a reliable car also.

Comment

What a collossal waste of time and money. On the boys U13 side, Bethesda and Penn Fusion are the best ranked teams and they are not very good. Massachusetts teams are far more superior. Region 1 league is more smoke and mirrors. USYSA vs. Club Soccer
          Have fun for those who have bought into this Region1 league nonsense and kiss your spring goodbye. BTW, pick up a reliable car also.
          You got that right. Just noticed the accepted teams. Francis buys into anything with complete disregard to players and their families. Waste of time is right. Terrible 2nd tier teams.

Comment

You got that right. Just noticed the accepted teams. Francis buys into anything with complete disregard to players and their families. Waste of time is right. Terrible 2nd tier teams.
            USYS still has ODP right? That sums it all up

Comment

Can you post a link to the accepted teams?

Comment

http://www.gotsport.com/asp/director...?EventID=41412

Comment

Holy Crap Batman. Is this a town league now! Forza, South Shore, Tosh, Blazers, Synergy....wow, I am amazed!

Comment

Holy Crap Batman. Is this a town league now! Forza, South Shore, Tosh, Blazers, Synergy....wow, I am amazed!
                    Maple expanded to more crap teams in Region 1. Nordic Vermont, horrendous.

Comment

Why are you so worried about maple ?there are pills that will fix your problem , you . They make pumps too for that type of envy

Comment

Why are you so worried about maple ?there are pills that will fix your problem , you . They make pumps too for that type of envy
                        Envious of Maple or the now Maple 2 Region 1 league? Now that is funny!! Pumps? What?

Comment

Rochester OMG!! Terrible. I'd rather play the Sudbury town team.

Comment

One can not deny that Region 1 has jumped the shark!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X