X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region 1 Champions League

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Winning this league gets you in to the National Championships, but so would winning Regionals, which will be much easier this year as most top teams will not participate. Better programs are going US Club.
    Unfortunately, winning Region 1 doesn't qualify a team into National Championships. It qualifies the team to Regional Championships. The only event that qualifies a team straight to Nationals is National League--first and second place teams in each flight get an automatic bid.

Many posters are saying US Club teams won't participate, but I don't think that's the case. We expect some NPL teams to play in the new league.

Comment

Ok, what teams in MA that are not in DAP, ECNL or NPL that are good enought to play in the Champions League. I have listed the clubs that are playing in these leagues from the area that the Champions league will most likely pull from for the 1 of the 4 8 team division. I could add NEP clubs also but do not want to do the extra work. Who is left on the boys side and girls side? I can only think of one club that has any teams that would be on par with the clubs listed and that is SSS's U13 and U14 team. Both teams are very good but LL used 3 or 4 of her top U13 when they went to high level events last year. She will not be able to do that this year since they will most likely both be playing in high level events.

Boys
      DAP
      FC Bolts Celtic (Mass.)
      New England Revolution (Mass.)
      Oakwood Soccer Club (CT)
      Seacoast United (NH)

NPL
      Aztec Soccer (Mass.)
      Bayside FC Bolts (R.I.)
      Bruno United FC (R.I.)
      CFC (Conn.)
      FC Bolts Celtic (Mass.)
      FC Mass (Mass.)
      FC Stars of Massachusetts (Mass.)
      GPS (Mass.)
      GPS (Maine)
      GPS (N.H.)
      NEFC Elite (Mass.)
      Seacoast United SC (Maine)
      Scorpions (Mass.)
      Western United Pioneers FC (Mass.)

Girls
      ECNL
      Breakers (Mass.)
      Stars (Mass.)
      FSA (Conn.)
      CFC (Conn.)
      NPL
      Aztec Soccer (Mass.)
      Bayside FC Bolts (R.I.)
      Breakers (Mass.)
      CFC (Conn.)
      FSA (Conn.)
      GPS (Mass.)
      NEFC Elite (Mass.)
      Oakwood SC (Conn.)
      Seacoast United (N.H.)
      Stars (Mass.)
      Yankee United FC (Conn.)

Comment

I meant to say New England and not MA. There is a reason why these clubs joined US Club Soccer Leagues. They are traditionally the best clubs in there areas. Do these clubs have great teams at all age groups, no but that is ok becasue all the games are competitive. We know who we play and where we play every weekend. If you have multiple kids in the club that are on the top teams you play at the same loccation where I used to have three kids in three different regional games. It makes sense for travel and there are no surprises. You know that these clubs will train their player correctly and produce a quality product. Might not be an elite product all the time but the teams will play correctly and compete.

Comment

NEFC elite will not participate due to club policy against allowing teams to participate in any USYSA team programming. This is a true disservice to the kids. Many of the teams qualified or would qualify for not only the regional leagues but also the national league this year and/or next. They would have been to national championship tournament in OK. But no, the rulers are getting some type of incentive (we can only guess what) to keep the kids out of this significant avenue for exposure. It hurts the kids who at least are still individually (fortunately) allowed to participate in USYSA ODP. The best kids will still get seen through that on the regional level, but NPL does not (at least yet) provide the competition necessary for maximal development and this whole situation takes into account no consideration for the best interest of the kids.

Not sure about the other NPL teams, but I am guessing several participate in both USCS and USYSA programming including region1

Comment

I thought it did not matter what league teams played in at U15 and older according to NEFC supporters. Now you are saying not being in the USYSA leagues is going to hurt players idetification. I thought you had this great ID program in house. NEFC owners are getting incentives to play in NPL leauge instead of doing what is right for the players. You NEFC people are too funny. You want your cake and eat it too. So, you now have to pay more money to ODP to get reconized for by college coaches and at least make the regional team. Glad my kid plays in the ECNL and already has several college offers to D1 programs with scholarship money. Good luck NEFC parents.

Comment

NEFC elite will not participate due to club policy against allowing teams to participate in any USYSA team programming. This is a true disservice to the kids. Many of the teams qualified or would qualify for not only the regional leagues but also the national league this year and/or next. They would have been to national championship tournament in OK. But no, the rulers are getting some type of incentive (we can only guess what) to keep the kids out of this significant avenue for exposure. It hurts the kids who at least are still individually (fortunately) allowed to participate in USYSA ODP. The best kids will still get seen through that on the regional level, but NPL does not (at least yet) provide the competition necessary for maximal development and this whole situation takes into account no consideration for the best interest of the kids.

Not sure about the other NPL teams, but I am guessing several participate in both USCS and USYSA programming including region1
              NEFC has policies that hurt kids? Who knew?

Comment

GPS NPL teams will not participate in USYSA.

Comment

Given NPL games, state cup, regionals, nationals and a few tournaments when would you fit in National League events? Isn't the season basically April 1 to Mid-June!

It is not a disservice and do you really believe ODP is the only way to get noticed? How about ID2, Rev's RTC, Showcase tournaments, your clubs Director of Coaching, US Training Centers....ODP is low on the list!

Comment

I meant to say New England and not MA. There is a reason why these clubs joined US Club Soccer Leagues. They are traditionally the best clubs in there areas. Do these clubs have great teams at all age groups, no but that is ok becasue all the games are competitive. We know who we play and where we play every weekend. If you have multiple kids in the club that are on the top teams you play at the same loccation where I used to have three kids in three different regional games. It makes sense for travel and there are no surprises. You know that these clubs will train their player correctly and produce a quality product. Might not be an elite product all the time but the teams will play correctly and compete.
                    If you are NEFC and Stars NPL. They are not competitive most of the time. Sorry. If you are on lower tier NPL team it's probably fine.

Comment

National League is CASL and either Disney or Las Vegas
                      It is essentially special venues and special flights of major national events (that a non ecnl team must attend to attract top attention). The venues are excellent and all in one place making it easy for coaches: 2 weekends. Packed with coaches way better than normal showcase tournament. Not playing is a disservice. If you disagree you have an agenda either you are a die hard NEFC supporter who inhales their kool-aide or you are an ECNL parent who wants to diminish USYSA programs. Anyone who has been to these events (ODP interregional and National league weekends) knows this is true.
                      Similarly coaches packed in at MD nationals last year.

For teams that could qualify for both it is a disservice to the kids not to allow it. NPL is stepchild of ECNL (hence the b teams...)
                      poor substitute for competition at this time. Lets see who is at NPL tournament in FL vs Disney...

Comment

National League is CASL and either Disney or Las Vegas
                        It is essentially special venues and special flights of major national events (that a non ecnl team must attend to attract top attention). The venues are excellent and all in one place making it easy for coaches: 2 weekends. Packed with coaches way better than normal showcase tournament. Not playing is a disservice. If you disagree you have an agenda either you are a die hard NEFC supporter who inhales their kool-aide or you are an ECNL parent who wants to diminish USYSA programs. Anyone who has been to these events (ODP interregional and National league weekends) knows this is true.
                        Similarly coaches packed in at MD nationals last year.

For teams that could qualify for both it is a disservice to the kids not to allow it. NPL is stepchild of ECNL (hence the b teams...)
                        poor substitute for competition at this time. Lets see who is at NPL tournament in FL vs Disney...

Just got back from the Disney tournament. By far some of the best competition I have seen

Comment

You are referring to the junior showcase which is a great event. The regular u15-u18 showcase which is considered one of the hottest recruiting events of the year, is happening synchronously with the NPL showcase in Florida Christmas week. The ECNL event in Sanford occurs immediately before both events. Most college coaches see this tournament combo of Sanford/Disney as a great bang for their recruiting buck and attend both the ECNL event and the Disney event. The top schools do not generally find the NPL event of interest. During Disney, many coaches will be focusing on the best USYSA teams (having seen the ECNL teams earlier in the week) and will be concentrating on the national league. All of those games will occur at the main venue for easy access. No doubt there will be coaches watching the NEFC u15 team (no matter where they are playing) specifically to see their top players. However, there would have been more coaches making the trek (if necessary) if they were entered into the National league venue. The top kids will get recruited from that team no doubt (oh and somehow they seem to think the exposure from ODP is a good thing as their team won't be providing enough on its own). I believe the disservice largely is to players 4-10 who won't get as much of a look or credibility in the recruiting game as they would have if the team still competed in USYSA programs.

Comment

low on the list maybe, but the only one you don't have to be invited to

Comment

Oh and there is also a disservice to all of the kids in disallowing them from the best competition platform possible. Competing with (that's already there ) and against the best is a key to maximal development.

Comment

Region 1 will slowly erode the better teams from the NPL leagues unless they also improve. Will be interesting to see how the USCS clubs respond. It was too late this year for anyone to react and move to USYS clubs. So we are all stuck in NPLs for this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X