Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tired logic. When will the Stars/Breakers folks figure out that the NPL clubs believe the ECNL is a dying horse and don't view themselves through their lens. There is nothing the ECNL can do for a club like NEFC that it hasn't already done for itself.
    Stars has NPL teams. Seems like they believe in the league.

Comment

First of all the true NPL B league is the ECNL one absolute dreadful teams that we witnessed this weekend. The Northeast ECNL is not strong so then you have Breakers and FSA traveling with kids who play JV soccer. I blame the parents though everything that glitters is not gold!

As far as national league, recruiting and blah,blah, blah I think NEFC is doing just fine and so are the players. There kids will most likely stay at their schools and play.
      So true! I saw several NPL players that didn't make HS varsity. If your kid can't make HS varsity out of the gate and be an IMPACT player you SHOULD not be trucking them all over the country to play soccer. If your kid is a strong player, D1 material, they will get noticed regardless of the team/league.

Comment

Was the decision to withdraw all NEFC teams from USYSA programming (national league and national champion series) a good idea? The national league seems to still hold some of its prestige. Why not allow the girls to benefit from both opportunities? The kids are still very involved in ODP. Why stay with the NPL B league for US club? Hoping it will become the A league at least equivalent in the future? What about the kids hoping to be recruited now? Not fair to them to have forfeited their spot in the national league.
        Yes, it was good decision. Players that were being recruited are being and will be recruited wherever NEFC goes. USYSA refused to work with clubs and their tyranny caused their death.

Comment

So true! I saw several NPL players that didn't make HS varsity. If your kid can't make HS varsity out of the gate and be an IMPACT player you SHOULD not be trucking them all over the country to play soccer. If your kid is a strong player, D1 material, they will get noticed regardless of the team/league.
          This is a dumb argument. I hate to reference the Michael Jordan story, but there is such a massive difference between a 14 year old and 18 year old, especially at a good program, and still some very old school programs that don't believe freshmen can play at varsity, that the argument is just stupid.

Comment

This is a dumb argument. I hate to reference the Michael Jordan story, but there is such a massive difference between a 14 year old and 18 year old, especially at a good program, and still some very old school programs that don't believe freshmen can play at varsity, that the argument is just stupid.
            The bottom line is are you getting what you need from your present team? If yes, then who cares what league they play in. Yes my daughter plays for one of the MA ECNL teams, she is a junior and is committed to a great D1 program. Her team was right for her and our family. Are they the best team in the Nation or World of soccer? No. I don't get why all the bashing over which team or league is the best, because that isn't important. The important issue is whether or not the present team is fulfilling the players needs and helping them in reaching their goals. All that matters is that your daughter is getting what she wants and needs from her teammates and her coaches . If that is happening then you can say who cares what other people think and focus on your own child.

Comment

U16 NEFC 4 Stars ECNL 1
              U17 NEFC 1 Stars ECNL 1

NPL is not that shabby. Just saying. Imagine losing or tying with all those Division 1 commits. JD must have not slept all weekend. Tough to argue when your teams cant compete against that terrible league NPL huh. HAHAHAHAHA
              surprising results.

Comment

The bottom line is are you getting what you need from your present team? If yes, then who cares what league they play in. Yes my daughter plays for one of the MA ECNL teams, she is a junior and is committed to a great D1 program. Her team was right for her and our family. Are they the best team in the Nation or World of soccer? No. I don't get why all the bashing over which team or league is the best, because that isn't important. The important issue is whether or not the present team is fulfilling the players needs and helping them in reaching their goals. All that matters is that your daughter is getting what she wants and needs from her teammates and her coaches . If that is happening then you can say who cares what other people think and focus on your own child.
                "Are they the best team in the Nation or World of soccer? No."

you still showed your arrogance. Try that question again and use Massachusetts instead and your answer will still be the same and your point across.

Comment

Hilarious. After all of the ECNl chest thumping, arrogance and cockiness, the ECNL doesn't want to talk about league affiliations. Just so happens, the ECNL as a group was at best mediocre this past weekend. Sample size of three teams locally were proven to be not as good as they claimed and often much worse. But let's not talk about that! It is all about the children! Laughable.

Comment

Hilarious. After all of the ECNl chest thumping, arrogance and cockiness, the ECNL doesn't want to talk about league affiliations. Just so happens, the ECNL as a group was at best mediocre this past weekend. Sample size of three teams locally were proven to be not as good as they claimed and often much worse. But let's not talk about that! It is all about the children! Laughable.
                    What's your stake in all this, BTNT?

Comment

It always amazes me that people will take the results of one game and declare that one team is now vastly superior to the other. I watched one of the games between 2 local teams and to be honest, the teams were relatively even, although the score did not reflect it. Every team can have a good or bad game and it would be nice if it didn't come with the hysteria of declaring the best club in MA.

Comment

It always amazes me that people will take the results of one game and declare that one team is now vastly superior to the other. I watched one of the games between 2 local teams and to be honest, the teams were relatively even, although the score did not reflect it. Every team can have a good or bad game and it would be nice if it didn't come with the hysteria of declaring the best club in MA.
                        Too late for that darling. for the last few years we have had to endure the constant declarations about ECNL and how the teams were vastly superior to anything else MA had to offer. I was at the game you mention, and you are right, the result didn't reflect the game. It should have been a lot worse. One result is a pretty good indicator and certainly debunks the hype about ECNL.

Comment

If you are only interested in the win/loss column then you are doing your child a huge disfavor. If you are trying to help them in the recruiting process, wins are not as important as how the player did in game at hand that the coaches were watching.

Comment

Too late for that darling. for the last few years we have had to endure the constant declarations about ECNL and how the teams were vastly superior to anything else MA had to offer. I was at the game you mention, and you are right, the result didn't reflect the game. It should have been a lot worse. One result is a pretty good indicator and certainly debunks the hype about ECNL.
                            The only thing we've had to endure is you BTDT, and apparently there is a lot more enduring to come.

Comment

Why do you want to paint the quality of an entire league by pointing to the poor performance of one or two teams? By that logic, the NFL is a crappy league because it continues to allow the Jets and Raiders to play in it. Should they be forced to drop out of the NFL and join the Arena Football League, so teams with better players/management/credentials can gain access to the NFL?

So the team you saw this weekend was not good, in your opinion. So what? Their kids' club is in the ECNL and your kid's isn't. On the whole, I am confident in saying that the ECNL is populated with higher quality teams than the NPLs. Just because a non-ECNL team beats an ECNL team at the GPS Showcase, doesn't make the whole league suspect.

What really seems to be sticking in your craw is the fact that the ECNL member clubs have access to both ECNL and NPL. If ECNL does go the way of the Dodo bird, then those clubs will simply place their top teams in the NPL, but for now, they are placing their top teams in the NPL, and their second teams in the NPL. That is really what galls you, isn't it?

Comment

Why do you want to paint the quality of an entire league by pointing to the poor performance of one or two teams? By that logic, the NFL is a crappy league because it continues to allow the Jets and Raiders to play in it. Should they be forced to drop out of the NFL and join the Arena Football League, so teams with better players/management/credentials can gain access to the NFL?

So the team you saw this weekend was not good, in your opinion. So what? Their kids' club is in the ECNL and your kid's isn't. On the whole, I am confident in saying that the ECNL is populated with higher quality teams than the NPLs. Just because a non-ECNL team beats an ECNL team at the GPS Showcase, doesn't make the whole league suspect.

What really seems to be sticking in your craw is the fact that the ECNL member clubs have access to both ECNL and NPL. If ECNL does go the way of the Dodo bird, then those clubs will simply place their top teams in the NPL, but for now, they are placing their top teams in the NPL, and their second teams in the NPL. That is really what galls you, isn't it?
                                So the Stars, Breakers and FSA are the equivalent of the Jets and the Raiders? You have a point. The ECNL has some elite teams. Just so happens, none are from around here!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X