2014/15 BU15 Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is GPS "experimenting" with 22-23 players? Do they not have a set 18 that will make the top team yet? Are they stringing kids and parents along to make them think they'll end up on the top team? Tryouts were a while ago. Why did they continue this past weekend at a tournament?

Comment

ummmm

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Well for one you did not win state cup, GPS DID. So I guess that changed. And yes i think all teams were trying different things but not close to the extent of what GPS did this past weekend. They played 23 kids equally over 3 games. These kids have not played together ever. Scorpions added a"few" kids so basically the same team. Thugs or not game was 1-0 and the hand ball that everyone saw would of made the game 1-1. Not a game dominated by Scorpions.
      I hope we both know enough about soccer to understand that one game does not make GPS a better team. Until Scorpions are beat consistently (or more than once) by any of these teams, they are the top team in the age group.

Comment

Not stringing along anyone

Nope they are not stringing along anyone. When you have the numbers like GPS HAS you have the luxury of having 24 players rostered on the NPL TEAM. All the kids are on their respective regional teams. Having 24 kids showing up and working hard in training sessions and fighting for a roster spot for NPL games is healthy and fair. Coach will have 18 at games going forward and kids that have not been picked for NPL are still in the mix if they are deserving in training and regional games. Similarly NPL KIDS that are not playing up to snuff will be relegated. So yes this past weekend was all about experimenting and seeing what the boys looked like and what they have to offer. Academy has 24 kids and typically travel with no more than 18, no different here.

This set up for the kids allows up to 4 training sessions a week 2 with regional team and 2 with NPL. The scorpions are aware of the fact gps played 23 kids in the game. It was very obvious, no?

Comment

i would say without a shadow of doubt GPS WOULD OF and will be much more competitive when they play with the best 11-15 kids FOR A ENTIRE GAME. This weekend was agreat opportunity for MH to watch the boys individually and see where kds will be useful.
          A page right out of Valeo's excuse book, well played sir.

Comment

This set up for the kids allows up to 4 training sessions a week 2 with regional team and 2 with NPL.
            Has Valeo developed mind control over GPS rump-swabs? Now they offer more training that everyone else, so they are better than your club.

Comment

I don't know much about the GPS model. Why are they able to have kids from other states on the teams playing in MA?

Comment

I don't know much about the GPS model. Why are they able to have kids from other states on the teams playing in MA?
                It a provision called Cheat Pass, I mean, Club Pass.

Comment

Why is GPS "experimenting" with 22-23 players? Do they not have a set 18 that will make the top team yet? Are they stringing kids and parents along to make them think they'll end up on the top team? Tryouts were a while ago. Why did they continue this past weekend at a tournament?
                  I have a player on an older GPS NPL team and at showcases it is their practice to play all players equally so all players are seen by college coaches. It is not so much "experimenting" but rather giving an opportunity to be seen. Not that there were any college coaches at a U15 game.

Comment

It a provision called Cheat Pass, I mean, Club Pass.
                    How many players are allowed a club pass? So GPS can pull top players from other states and play them on MA teams? Can they come just for one game or have to play whole season with one team? What is the intent of the club pass?

Comment

out of state players?

NEWS FLASH Kids from ME CT and NH drive to Foxboro for Revs and Boston for the BOLTs. Its happened for years and will continue. Whats interesting is the cheating comments over and over. The club is huge, biggest around. Why blame or label as cheaters? Because they have a huge pool to pull from? A few years ago I wondered why they didn't combine the BEST players on the GPS teams. They would of won a bunch more games and tourneys if they had. That said it Looks like to me they made the right decision by having generally equal regional teams and keeping about 75 players in the age group. The simple fact that GPS is offering this NPL option has kept kids from not moving to other options and has attracted very good players to join.

Comment

NEWS FLASH Kids from ME CT and NH drive to Foxboro for Revs and Boston for the BOLTs. Its happened for years and will continue. Whats interesting is the cheating comments over and over. The club is huge, biggest around. Why blame or label as cheaters? Because they have a huge pool to pull from? A few years ago I wondered why they didn't combine the BEST players on the GPS teams. They would of won a bunch more games and tourneys if they had. That said it Looks like to me they made the right decision by having generally equal regional teams and keeping about 75 players in the age group. The simple fact that GPS is offering this NPL option has kept kids from not moving to other options and has attracted very good players to join.
                        Be interesting to see GPS teams play Bolts and Revs DAP teams but nothing good could come of that for Bolts and Revs

Comment

Be interesting to see GPS teams play Bolts and Revs DAP teams but nothing good could come of that for Bolts and Revs
                          You guys have to take the cake for being the most delusional parents . I really believe that is not gps parents posting here but the same gps coach or gps administrator. There is talent on boys gps teams but not as much as you want parents to believe.
                          If you didn't pull kids ftom different states you would still be behind blazers , nefc , wup and valeo.you constantly try to put your self on the same level as bolts. Stop the marketing campaign already

Comment

AVSC will be down as well; with DR back in charge this team will be a shell of itself, old coach got a lot of the kids and road his horses.

also AC Arlington and North shore with the merger- better than any NEP teams - all 3

Comment

The GPS MA NPL Elite teams do not pull players from other states!!! That is a fact.

GPS, Scorpions and NEFC are the top U15 Teams.

Comment

The GPS MA NPL Elite teams do not pull players from other states!!! That is a fact.

GPS, Scorpions and NEFC are the top U15 Teams.
                                NEFC isnt top three

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X