Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA too corrupt for FIFA

Seems the lead investigator in the corruption inquiry has resigned because of how poorly FIFA is handling the results. Russia and Qatar should lose the cup and just handle it in Europe.

"MARRAKECH, Morocco, Dec 17 (Reuters) - FIFA ethics investigator Michael Garcia resigned on Wednesday in protest at the way his report into allegations of corruption in awarding the 2018 and 2022 World Cup tournaments to Russia and Qatar was handled by the soccer governing body's ethics judge".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6343766.html

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Seems the lead investigator in the corruption inquiry has resigned because of how poorly FIFA is handling the results. Russia and Qatar should lose the cup and just handle it in Europe.

"MARRAKECH, Morocco, Dec 17 (Reuters) - FIFA ethics investigator Michael Garcia resigned on Wednesday in protest at the way his report into allegations of corruption in awarding the 2018 and 2022 World Cup tournaments to Russia and Qatar was handled by the soccer governing body's ethics judge".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6343766.html
    Yeah definitely. Besides rubels are worthless. Who wants to go to Qatar????

Comment

I will as the city where the final will be is not even build yet..In addition I love it when american attorneys get turned away by foreigners..FIFA rules

Comment

As big a fan as I am there's no way I'd attend either. Not only are both places not much to visit (I travel all over the world for work) but I won't support it on principal either. Both governments are insanely corrupt and so is FIFA. It isn't too late for FIFA to organize something else - they could do Europe instead of Russia easily and re-do the bids to get rid of Qatar.

Comment

As big a fan as I am there's no way I'd attend either. Not only are both places not much to visit (I travel all over the world for work) but I won't support it on principal either. Both governments are insanely corrupt and so is FIFA. It isn't too late for FIFA to organize something else - they could do Europe instead of Russia easily and re-do the bids to get rid of Qatar.
          I thought they have trouble even finding countries willing to host these bloated over the top tournaments.

Comment

anywhere but the USA...

Comment

anywhere but the USA...
              Big issue with doing it here is size and distance between cities. Europe is much more manageable and has great transportation systems. They could perhaps do something on the east coast with Boston/NY/DC

Comment

Big issue with doing it here is size and distance between cities. Europe is much more manageable and has great transportation systems. They could perhaps do something on the east coast with Boston/NY/DC
                They will never take it away from Qatar at this point in fear of backlash. Could cause even bigger issues in terms of terrorism at games.

Comment

They will never take it away from Qatar at this point in fear of backlash. Could cause even bigger issues in terms of terrorism at games.
                  So we should cave like Sony? No FIFA won't cave because FIFA officials are afraid for their own hides, not anyone elses. Qatar would want its money back but it's now tied up in vacation homes and Swiss bank accounts of FIFA officials.

And given Putin's behavior I'd be far more fearful of his retribution

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X