Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The ability of posters in here to distort what others say is truly amazing. I never said 0-30 was a good thing. I said that was just as bad as 30-0. The problem with parents who are constantly shifting their kids between teams is that they measure their kids worth (not to mention feed their own ego) by seeking out teams that dominate. My point is this (nothing more - nothing less) that if you want your kid to develop good technical skills (whatever the endgame: fun, soccer immortality, preparing for their HS team, trying to get a DAP slot etc), you want them to be challenged. How much development is the defense and GK getting when the ball is constantly in the other end. What development is happening when every game is a blow out and your kid's team plays keep away without any pressure? In any case be my guest. If you want your kids team to beat everybody 20-0 and you think that is the best thing since sliced bread - who am I to argue with you. Go for it. And make sure you post the score on fb as soon as you get home from your 2 hour drive to the game.

- Cujo
    The travel is the most ludicrious part, especially when the gotchapoints are involved.

Comment

Soccer development means different things to different people. I think everyone here is missing the point. There are different tracks for all players and parents. One is no less important than the other. What is missing in the US is access to elite development is only available to a privilege few because the pay to play system. The current system does not allow the U.S. to identify the very best players. There many Clint Dempsey and Tab Ramos who are playing in unaffiliated leagues that could benefit for DAP. Those are the elite players we have not tab into. The rest can afford to play in the current system we have because their priority is more focus on college, scholarship, HS soccer, and individual development. More power to the players and their parents for all the support they have shown to the beautiful game.

Comment

The ability of posters in here to distort what others say is truly amazing. I never said 0-30 was a good thing. I said that was just as bad as 30-0. The problem with parents who are constantly shifting their kids between teams is that they measure their kids worth (not to mention feed their own ego) by seeking out teams that dominate. My point is this (nothing more - nothing less) that if you want your kid to develop good technical skills (whatever the endgame: fun, soccer immortality, preparing for their HS team, trying to get a DAP slot etc), you want them to be challenged. How much development is the defense and GK getting when the ball is constantly in the other end. What development is happening when every game is a blow out and your kid's team plays keep away without any pressure? In any case be my guest. If you want your kids team to beat everybody 20-0 and you think that is the best thing since sliced bread - who am I to argue with you. Go for it. And make sure you post the score on fb as soon as you get home from your 2 hour drive to the game.

- Cujo

So I distorted what you said yet for some reason you have now enhanced the details so that the team that goes undefeated beats everyone 20-0. Is there any chance, ever so slight, that these dreaded, evil teams that dominate (what monsters!) simply work harder and have better coaching, consequently making it a smart move for a parent to try to get their child on that team?

Comment

So I distorted what you said yet for some reason you have now enhanced the details so that the team that goes undefeated beats everyone 20-0. Is there any chance, ever so slight, that these dreaded, evil teams that dominate (what monsters!) simply work harder and have better coaching, consequently making it a smart move for a parent to try to get their child on that team?
          Once again you are distorting my position. I am not saying the team that wins by a big score is "evil". They simply need to be moved into a division/league that is more competitive. It is good for players to struggle. But be my guest - if you think the best situation for your kid is to be on a team that is blowing everyone out then go for it. Bragging rights are fun for some people. You can talk about it at the neighborhood Christmas party Saturday night. - Cujo

Comment

Soccer development means different things to different people. I think everyone here is missing the point. There are different tracks for all players and parents. One is no less important than the other. What is missing in the US is access to elite development is only available to a privilege few because the pay to play system. The current system does not allow the U.S. to identify the very best players. There many Clint Dempsey and Tab Ramos who are playing in unaffiliated leagues that could benefit for DAP. Those are the elite players we have not tab into. The rest can afford to play in the current system we have because their priority is more focus on college, scholarship, HS soccer, and individual development. More power to the players and their parents for all the support they have shown to the beautiful game.
            No longer buying this argument, with the amount of programs offered by the big clubs to the town programs, for money or not. The majority of towns using the services of the big clubs to run clinics, weekly age specific technical training w/ small sided games, and to organize and facilitate objective tryouts, pay for the services. Some pay a lot less, or nothing at all. They want access to these players. The inner city kids in communities/towns outside of Boston, that have parents and kids from soccer loving countries. They are actively targeting these areas now, and putting young (U6-U12)teams together in these communities, and are running the training/game days, and in some cases scheduling training in these areas. The players with ability, are being offered spots on top teams through the inner city initiatives set up 7-8 years ago by US Soccer. GPS is doing a better job than the field right now. One of reasons why player pass was created was to accommodate players like this. Players who can't travel because they live in cities, or poorer neighborhoods, and parents don't have a car to get to every game. They end up playing somewhere, on some team in the club that is convenient to them. This is why more and more are starting to realize that GPS has figured it out. They are starting leagues, and governing bodies, and creating the rules that help grow the game in the under served communities. The fact is players without the means to pony up 2-5,000 to be on a top club team, are no longer are being excluded from opportunities because they can't pay. The posters on here screaming its a pay to play sport, reserved for the white upper middle class and higher, either can not or refuse to see how much better it is now. Fewer and fewer players are falling through the cracks.

Comment

No longer buying this argument, with the amount of programs offered by the big clubs to the town programs, for money or not. The majority of towns using the services of the big clubs to run clinics, weekly age specific technical training w/ small sided games, and to organize and facilitate objective tryouts, pay for the services. Some pay a lot less, or nothing at all. They want access to these players. The inner city kids in communities/towns outside of Boston, that have parents and kids from soccer loving countries. They are actively targeting these areas now, and putting young (U6-U12)teams together in these communities, and are running the training/game days, and in some cases scheduling training in these areas. The players with ability, are being offered spots on top teams through the inner city initiatives set up 7-8 years ago by US Soccer. GPS is doing a better job than the field right now. One of reasons why player pass was created was to accommodate players like this. Players who can't travel because they live in cities, or poorer neighborhoods, and parents don't have a car to get to every game. They end up playing somewhere, on some team in the club that is convenient to them. This is why more and more are starting to realize that GPS has figured it out. They are starting leagues, and governing bodies, and creating the rules that help grow the game in the under served communities. The fact is players without the means to pony up 2-5,000 to be on a top club team, are no longer are being excluded from opportunities because they can't pay. The posters on here screaming its a pay to play sport, reserved for the white upper middle class and higher, either can not or refuse to see how much better it is now. Fewer and fewer players are falling through the cracks.
              GPS has figured out how to charge more to people who think their kid is a star and let the real star who cant afford it , make them a lot more cash........unless the 2 -5,000 pay to play is coming out of the DOCs pocket........excellent business model........works in a lot of situations.......

Comment

I'd like to see a poll of current NBA players on this question: "What percentage of the time you spent playing basketball before high school involved adult supervision?" My bet is that it would be the same answer as would be given by current La Liga/Serie A players.

Comment

Not always better coaching. Better athletes. Huge distinction.

Comment

You must go to the toilet frequently with all the koolaid you drink.

Comment

I'd like to see a poll of current NBA players on this question: "What percentage of the time you spent playing basketball before high school involved adult supervision?" My bet is that it would be the same answer as would be given by current La Liga/Serie A players.
                      I'm guessing you think the answer is they played mostly without supervision. But you are wrong. Spanish clubs gobble the talented kids up young and that pretty much becomes their life. Under adult supervision.

And most talented basketball players here find leagues to play in year round. Under Adult supervision.

Comment

You must go to the toilet frequently with all the koolaid you drink.
                        Nope! Who drinks Kool-aid anymore? You mix that with the Dick Gregory shake, or just water?

Comment

GPS has figured out how to charge more to people who think their kid is a star and let the real star who cant afford it , make them a lot more cash........unless the 2 -5,000 pay to play is coming out of the DOCs pocket........excellent business model........works in a lot of situations.......
                          I bet you they do more for the player you say can't afford GPS, than any other club in the state, and they are a successful business. "Haters hate, that's what they do"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X