Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son's team with several club players played Needham a few times and got walloped. I asked the Needham parents how many of their boys were playing club? Zero, why should they? There are obviously some dedicated and knowledgable youth coaches in Needham. And for the boys who won state I can garauntee you it means a lot to them to win a championship for their school and community. The level of pettiness and jealousy in youth soccer is just pathetic. Whatever Needham is doing, your town program would be a lot better off looking at Needham does right as an example for MA soccer.
    What? Not one of the Needham HS players plays club? Blazer parents who claim this HS trophy in their honor must be outraged!

Now we know where Sir Alex is...in Needham coaching non club players to HS glories disguised as FO.

Comment

I agree. As a former college player, the season was exhausting. After 3 months of being in season it was always a relief to finally get some time off to just focus on academics.
      Although you are correct, you miss the ultimate point. It is not about your academics, it is about forming the best national teams

Comment

My son's team with several club players played Needham a few times and got walloped. I asked the Needham parents how many of their boys were playing club? Zero, why should they? There are obviously some dedicated and knowledgable youth coaches in Needham. And for the boys who won state I can garauntee you it means a lot to them to win a championship for their school and community. The level of pettiness and jealousy in youth soccer is just pathetic. Whatever Needham is doing, your town program would be a lot better off looking at Needham does right as an example for MA soccer.
        Most of the Needham players are or have been involved in club soccer.

Comment

Although you are correct, you miss the ultimate point. It is not about your academics, it is about forming the best national teams
          Unfortunately that is not the goal of most players - it's about college and scholarships. By the time they hit high school they're wide enough to know only the teeny-tiniest fraction of players will make the national team or play professionally

Comment

Unfortunately that is not the goal of most players - it's about college and scholarships. By the time they hit high school they're wide enough to know only the teeny-tiniest fraction of players will make the national team or play professionally
            You are delusional if you think that kids are playing for scholorships or even college. They are playing to have fun I hope. If it is anything else they are not playing for the right reason.

Comment

You are delusional if you think that kids are playing for scholorships or even college. They are playing to have fun I hope. If it is anything else they are not playing for the right reason.
              No, it is you who are delusional. Sure you may pay to have your son play on some club soccer team but it is you who are playing for the wrong reason. Club soccer used to be the level where kids with college aspirations went. Now parents like you have turned it into town soccer and want to lecture everyone how it really should exist so your semi serious soccer players can have their fun. What a joke.

Comment

No, it is you who are delusional. Sure you may pay to have your son play on some club soccer team but it is you who are playing for the wrong reason. Club soccer used to be the level where kids with college aspirations went. Now parents like you have turned it into town soccer and want to lecture everyone how it really should exist so your semi serious soccer players can have their fun. What a joke.
                You could not be more wrong..
                My son plays at the highest level of club soccer and the day he tells me he is not having fun I will encourage him to find something else.
                The percentage of kids that get paid to play is so small it is not worth making it a job to do something that should be fun.
                You are the joke for thinking there will be a payoff at the end.

Comment

u14B US Training Center

Today US Soccer announced a handful of development related changes, including:

- Evaluations of youth national teams, Dev academy program and clubs
                  - New courses for coaches
                  - U12 age group for DA
                  - Increased funding for DA scholarship program
                  - U16 and U19 YNT for men's and women's
                  - Collaborations with NCAA to extend college soccer season over a longer period of time

Thoughts?

Full article: http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-...anges_aid35559
                  Just heard there was a US Training Center event for u14 boys this past weekend in CT. Congratulations to the boys who represented MA.!!

Comment

Just heard there was a US Training Center event for u14 boys this past weekend in CT. Congratulations to the boys who represented MA.!!
                    So silly picking 13 year olds. A lot of the DAP younger age teams aren't very good. USSF and DAP are really are going in the wrong direction. They should be widening the net and developing relationships with non DAP clubs as feeders to u16 and 18. Egos and interests of mediocre DAP DOCs takes precedence over long term plan to build a viable youth model. Pathetic and sad.

Comment

So silly picking 13 year olds. A lot of the DAP younger age teams aren't very good. USSF and DAP are really are going in the wrong direction. They should be widening the net and developing relationships with non DAP clubs as feeders to u16 and 18. Egos and interests of mediocre DAP DOCs takes precedence over long term plan to build a viable youth model. Pathetic and sad.
                      Spot on! Best post I have seen in a while.

Comment

Having talked to our DOC recently, they (US Soccer) are not only looking at DAP players, infact, they are looking more at club players than DAP players in New England. They do feel DAP is watered down, hence the reason it is proposed to create a multi-tier DAP system, an A&B league you could say.

If your kid is a very good player, your DOC can get them on the list for a Training Center, Doesn't mean they will get asked, but they can get on the list.

Comment

Having talked to our DOC recently, they (US Soccer) are not only looking at DAP players, infact, they are looking more at club players than DAP players in New England. They do feel DAP is watered down, hence the reason it is proposed to create a multi-tier DAP system, an A&B league you could say.

If your kid is a very good player, your DOC can get them on the list for a Training Center, Doesn't mean they will get asked, but they can get on the list.
                          Is there somewhere the players are listed. I would like to see how many dap players compared to club attended.

Comment

Isn't this the same DOC who pushed for pre-DAP u12? IMO DAP should just get out of the younger player development and leave it to clubs that make it a priority. Start with u16, no bogus national teams or even pre-DAP. Fierce open competition for DAP u16. Get club and DAP agendas out of the process and let the cream rise to the top.

Comment

Posted by a bitter fool whose kid didn't make DAP

Comment

Roster Link?

Is there somewhere the players are listed. I would like to see how many dap players compared to club attended.
                                Interesting question. In the past there had been a link on the website, which I don't see now, only that there was a US Training Center last Sat. in Bridgeport CT. For the parents or coaches who attended can you provide a link or more information?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X