What are we teaching our Children?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is there were some MASC teams that bailed out last minute and took spots in Maple I have seen one Maple age bracket where I saw a team I didn't expect. If my guess is correct and it were me I would blacklist clubs and or coaches that did not have the decency to inform the league they were originally registered in.

Comment

You are correct.

How does one deal when such clubs return in following seasons and use the children having no place to play as their bargaining chip?

Comment

Originally posted by OB1 View Post
        You are correct.

How does one deal when such clubs return in following seasons and use the children having no place to play as their bargaining chip?
        So then it is probably safe to assume that the Maple teams they replaced disbanded? It seems to me that the issue here is that the committed teams were not bound to MASC, which may be due to fact that MASC is at the lowest level of club, in that they pretty much take any club team?

Comment

I suppose at the end of the day, kids are being taught that money talks and loyalty and commitment walks. The club culture is such that almost every club and coach will do whatever they can to make their individual status look better than it actually is. Quite parallel to corporate America, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            So then it is probably safe to assume that the Maple teams they replaced disbanded? It seems to me that the issue here is that the committed teams were not bound to MASC, which may be due to fact that MASC is at the lowest level of club, in that they pretty much take any club team?
            The trashing of MASC is getting old. Some of their ideas should be adopted in other Leagues that pretend Development is important. Because MASC has more regard for the kids they probably gave some latitude on payment of League fees. I think if these clubs/teams had already paid $1000 or more they would not be so quick to jump ship.

Comment

The trashing of MASC is getting old. Some of their ideas should be adopted in other Leagues that pretend Development is important. Because MASC has more regard for the kids they probably gave some latitude on payment of League fees. I think if these clubs/teams had already paid $1000 or more they would not be so quick to jump ship.
              Another way of looking at it is that MASC is a lower level league that takes whatever it can get as far as participating teams are concerned. Since most teams (read: parents) would prefer to brag about Maple games than MASC games, MASC will tend to lose any team that has a chance of moving up.

The line about DEVELOPMENT is a silly red herring. None of this has anything to do with developing soccer players.

Comment

Another way of looking at it is that MASC is a lower level league that takes whatever it can get as far as participating teams are concerned. Since most teams (read: parents) would prefer to brag about Maple games than MASC games, MASC will tend to lose any team that has a chance of moving up.

The line about DEVELOPMENT is a silly red herring. None of this has anything to do with developing soccer players.
                What the heck is MASC?

Comment

Drop it....OB1 had lost touch with reality. He is an old man with old man views

Comment

Is it surprising to anyone that people want out of MASC?

Comment

Is it surprising to anyone that people want out of MASC?
                      It has it's place and I heard that OB1 is gone

Comment

It has it's place and I heard that OB1 is gone
                        Who is OB1?

Comment

Why is everyone yelling???

Comment

One should look at soccer. Maple used to be premier. Such is not the case anymore. NEP, DAP, R1 have replaced Maple. MASC was and still is meant to be developmental but parents want to be able to say their children play premier. Such is not the case with Maple but at least it makes the parents feel better when their children get beat 12-0.

Comment

One should look at soccer. Maple used to be premier. Such is not the case anymore. NEP, DAP, R1 have replaced Maple. MASC was and still is meant to be developmental but parents want to be able to say their children play premier. Such is not the case with Maple but at least it makes the parents feel better when their children get beat 12-0.
                              Don't place dap with nep or r1. Please!!!

Comment

We're teaching our children that everyone is "special" and everyone is "talented." In doing so we completely devalue the real meaning of those words.

As a nation we continue to lower the expectations associated with our children. We generate new levels, new branches of the "Elite" tree so that we can wedge as many children under the shade it throws so everyone feels accomplished.

Traditionally accomplishments were celebrated because they were the result of resolve, dedication and commitment to task off the field, Monday through Friday, especially when the coach wasn't around.

Today, in the current environment, accomplishments are manufactured. Truly special kids sometimes get lost in the white noise generated by a sea of overly optimistic parents and self-aggrandizing clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X