X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northeast Region 1

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=17
    This and the U15 site have produced some very lopsided scores.

Are these isolated instances or reflective about how either the selection process is very flawed or how diluted the competition has become with the numerours additional leagues and tournaments that the teams are playing?

Here's the selection process:

EVERYONE GETS IN

There were always very few teams that didn't get into the Northeast league, and as the better teams have dropped out of the Premier league, the trickle down effect is a really low level Northeast league.

The only reason to enter the NE league is to win and play in the premier league the next year, otherwise there is no good reason to enter.

Comment

My son played club 5 years ago, and in that short period things have certainly changed. Clubs and teams that wouldn't get a sniff of this league are now among the best. DAP has really changed the landscape and monopolized the top teams....as was the intent. Incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=17
        This and the U15 site have produced some very lopsided scores.

Are these isolated instances or reflective about how either the selection process is very flawed or how diluted the competition has become with the numerours additional leagues and tournaments that the teams are playing?
        is this also called 'Sub-Region'?

Comment

I think it's too early to tell for the U17s. Red group seems balanced, Blue maybe not so much. Blazers might be that much better than some teams. It's stupid that they schedule two games most Saturdays and then these kids have to go and play another game for other leagues on Sundays.

Comment

I think it's too early to tell for the U17s. Red group seems balanced, Blue maybe not so much. Blazers might be that much better than some teams. It's stupid that they schedule two games most Saturdays and then these kids have to go and play another game for other leagues on Sundays.
            OK Blazer parent, is that why the U17s are only playing in Sub Region?

Comment

OK Blazer parent, is that why the U17s are only playing in Sub Region?
              No, but you seem quite envious. I said they might be that much better than "some teams." They won 9-0. Again, it's too early to tell.

Comment

No, but you seem quite envious. I said they might be that much better than "some teams." They won 9-0. Again, it's too early to tell.
                Envious of what exactly?

Comment

that they are amazing

Comment

that they are amazing
                    Yes I am. I just wanted to be clear that I understood what you meant. Go Blazers!!!!

Comment

Yes I am. I just wanted to be clear that I understood what you meant. Go Blazers!!!!
                      They're so amazing that they couldn't even stay in the R1 Premier League last year. Back to the B league. Impressive!

Comment

They're so amazing that they couldn't even stay in the R1 Premier League last year. Back to the B league. Impressive!

I have seen the Blazers play and they are very good.
                        The top three teams in U17B are NEFC, Blazers, Stars.
                        NEFC looks very good and will be tough to beat. Ed Kelly is an excellent coach.

Comment

I have seen the Blazers play and they are very good.
                          The top three teams in U17B are NEFC, Blazers, Stars.
                          NEFC looks very good and will be tough to beat. Ed Kelly is an excellent coach.
                          Relative to what? To each other? If yes, then I'm sure they are all quite good. Compared to quality teams from NY, PA, VA, NJ, and MD, these teams shouldn't even be on the same field.

Comment

Relative to what? To each other? If yes, then I'm sure they are all quite good. Compared to quality teams from NY, PA, VA, NJ, and MD, these teams shouldn't even be on the same field.
                            Really? Let's see, NEFC U17s beat VA state champs and #3 in USA AC Arlington in regionals last summer 3-0. Then beat TSF from NJ earlier this month in Annandale 3-1. Then beat Ramapo Valley from NY at their own NEFC tournament a few weeks ago 3-0. Tied Lehigh Valley from PA in November, too at PDA tournament.

You dummy.

Comment

and beat SAC #4 from MD in Annandale 5-2. Also tied Canadian national runner up Vaughan Azzurri 0-0

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X