Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    KINGS FC parent here...the other clubs being mentioned are definitely bigger and older clubs but not necessarily the best quality. I do understand that NEFC, MPS, Scorpions have top teams and then many lower division teams that are really not that good. KINGS FC operates with only one team per age group (not from a lack of numbers...they had over 50 girls at GU10 tryouts last June).

Last month the GU10 and GU11 team beat the Breakers Scorpions West top GU10 and GU11 teams and the GU13 squad has a State Cup game against NEFC Elite NPL this Sunday. This game should tell us more!
    Oh dear.... Close game with the U13 state cup game today it was only 9-0 NEFC elite.

Comment

KINGS FC parent here...the other clubs being mentioned are definitely bigger and older clubs but not necessarily the best quality. I do understand that NEFC, MPS, Scorpions have top teams and then many lower division teams that are really not that good. KINGS FC operates with only one team per age group (not from a lack of numbers...they had over 50 girls at GU10 tryouts last June).

Last month the GU10 and GU11 team beat the Breakers Scorpions West top GU10 and GU11 teams and the GU13 squad has a State Cup game against NEFC Elite NPL this Sunday. This game should tell us more!
      I posted before that Kings is a small club which is just getting going, so they need time. You don't look very well when you start bragging about teams and how many showed up at tryouts and why there's only one team per age group. You got a hammering from one of the better teams in the State, but expect that for the next few years while the club grows and even then , you're up against clubs who draw in the best players from this State and surrounding ones. You have the facility, so the only thing you now need are good coaches. Good luck!

Comment

Looking for a strong girls club team in Metrowest area

Oh dear.... Close game with the U13 state cup game today it was only 9-0 NEFC elite.
        For those of you who were actually at the game (which I doubt any of you were) you would of seen that KINGS FC only had 12 players available going into the game due to injury which included 3 starters missing...if that wasn't bad enough the starting goal keeper injured her hand during warm ups (rumor is that she broke it) forcing them to play with 11 players, and no actual goalkeeper (the back up was already injured). This was not a reflection of the team but more of going through the motions with a focus on the MAPLE season. Unfortunate circumstances but these things happen in sports.

Comment

For those of you who were actually at the game (which I doubt any of you were) you would of seen that KINGS FC only had 12 players available going into the game due to injury which included 3 starters missing...if that wasn't bad enough the starting goal keeper injured her hand during warm ups (rumor is that she broke it) forcing them to play with 11 players, and no actual goalkeeper (the back up was already injured). This was not a reflection of the team but more of going through the motions with a focus on the MAPLE season. Unfortunate circumstances but these things happen in sports.
          Are you serious? Kings FC is a joke and will just remain playing in the low levels of Maple. Coaching staff is inexperienced and will not have the ability to develop quality players or teams.

Comment

love the injury and players excuse, lol with excuses like that you'll be a top club in no time.

Comment

love the injury and players excuse, lol with excuses like that you'll be a top club in no time.
              My kid's team had 1 sub this weekend, and were missing a bunch of starters. They did not lose 9-0. They didn't make excuses. They figured out how to win, and did so.

Comment

My kids team played 8v8 no subs.. non field player on field (backup keeper) vs team with 12 players.. Kids worked hard and won 1-0

Comment

KINGS FC parent here...the other clubs being mentioned are definitely bigger and older clubs but not necessarily the best quality. I do understand that NEFC, MPS, Scorpions have top teams and then many lower division teams that are really not that good.... [T]he GU13 squad has a State Cup game against NEFC Elite NPL this Sunday. This game should tell us more!
                  A purported KINGS FC parent came here talking trash by damning with faint praise--and eagerly claimed that the weekend's results would be telling. After getting told 9-0, in a game that apparently was out of hand early, we are treated to a litany of excuses. Had you done your due diligence, you would have known that KINGS was up against one of the top GU13 teams in the state and could have expected a very lopsided result. Your parents still don't seem to understand how much of a gap there is between clubs with top teams and your upstart operation. Spare yourselves further humiliation by at least being quiet.

Comment

who cares about this baby club anyways

Comment

Thanks coach, but you were still out of your depth. Keep working on the technical/tactical part of the game and you'll eventually gets some results; just not against top teams.

Comment

Hahahaha. Best joke of the year.
                        The NEFC team could have one with 8 players on the field. They didn't need their GK as she never touched the ball she could have gone home.
                        Please don't come on her and embarrassed yourself and your club.

Comment

I was at the game and yes you are correct looked like Kings FC only had 12/13 players. But please get real you could have had 20 players all playing at once and still lost 9-0.
                          Just except you lost to a MUCH BETTER team and move on with your maple league.

Comment

To the OP... NEFC parents showed through the last couple of posts why you might want to avoid the club.

Comment

i think NEFC benefited by playing at home and on turf. If they had played away and at whatever Kings calls a grass bumpy field, Kings would've won for sure

Comment

What club(s) were you with in Texas?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X