Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NEFC elite beat Scorpions ECNL last night 3-1 in NEP.
    We're starting to see some separation between some of the top clubs. Picking up SSS's best player has made NEFC stronger.

Comment

We're starting to see some separation between some of the top clubs. Picking up SSS's best player has made NEFC stronger.
      Too bad NEFC can't achieve success on their own.
      Always taking the select players to change your game.
      I'd be more impressed if nefc developed their teams from scratch.

Comment

Intresting comment. Is this coming from someone who has never played/watched/coached soccer before????
        Last time I checked 11 players play not just one person.

Comment

To bad SSS select can't keep these players. Being a small club only playing in lower level leagues they will alway loss players to bigger clubs. Is that NEFC/Stars/Scorpions fault....??
          NO.

Comment

Sounds like a disgruntled select parent, keep drinking the koolaid over there as your kid falls behind.

Comment

Lets see what people think? Who will be the top teams in this division?
              Let's end this thread with this proclamation:
              The same teams that were at the top of the list last year.

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Comment

I'll have whatever you're having. Stupid comment of the day. Every top team develops players; however, every top team also recruits top players. I'm sorry if no top player wants to go to SSS, but there are plenty that want to be challenged, play against tougher competition and have more exposure when they're older. That is never going to happen with SSS, which is why so many players leave in droves. Get over it and get used to it.

Comment

Time for a reality check:

1. Nearly all of the girls have been with the NEFC team for multiple years
                  2. Top Scorps player is actually a U12 from Select
                  3. Stars teams (ECNL and NPL) are an amalgamation of players from different clubs
                  4. a number of MPS players have come up through other clubs

My point? No one club OWNS development....players generally move between clubs...

Comment

Q here

NEFC Elite and SSS were basically even

That one player has made a huge difference because I think her surrounding cast is better than it was at SSS. Not by a big amount, but enough.

Since the change, NEFC Elite has beaten SSS and Scorpions ECNL 3-1 in the last three weeks.

They also beat NEFC SC 2-0, which isn't as impressive, but still a solid league win.

Since losing the player Select has not gotten the automatic wins they have in the past. NEFC has that little extra fire power now. I'm not certain, but I think she scored in all three of the above games.

Comment

Time for a reality check:

1. Nearly all of the girls have been with the NEFC team for multiple years
                      2. Top Scorps player is actually a U12 from Select
                      3. Stars teams (ECNL and NPL) are an amalgamation of players from different clubs
                      4. a number of MPS players have come up through other clubs

My point? No one club OWNS development....players generally move between clubs...
                      This is funny. Much more accurate, and without bias, to say.

1. Most of the girls on the NEFC team have been with NEFC for multiple years
                      2. Most of the girls on the Scorpions team have been with Scorpions for multiple years
                      3. Most of the girls on the Stars teams (ECNL and NPL) have been with Stars for multiple years
                      4. Most of the girls on the MPS team have been with MPS for multiple years

Comment

Q here

NEFC Elite and SSS were basically even

That one player has made a huge difference because I think her surrounding cast is better than it was at SSS. Not by a big amount, but enough.

Since the change, NEFC Elite has beaten SSS and Scorpions ECNL 3-1 in the last three weeks.

They also beat NEFC SC 2-0, which isn't as impressive, but still a solid league win.

Since losing the player Select has not gotten the automatic wins they have in the past. NEFC has that little extra fire power now. I'm not certain, but I think she scored in all three of the above games.

This was a good team and is still a good team. One player, does not a team make. Said player did practice/visit with Scorpions ECNL and Stars ECNL before making the move to NEFC. Was NEFC her 3rd choice? Did she not get offers from the other two teams?

We are one weekend into the spring season.
                        I suspect there will still be many at Stars and Scorpions tryouts in June.

Comment

This was a good team and is still a good team. One player, does not a team make. Said player did practice/visit with Scorpions ECNL and Stars ECNL before making the move to NEFC. Was NEFC her 3rd choice? Did she not get offers from the other two teams?

That was the best damage control quote I've seen in a while, well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Give the ball to Mary View Post
                            That was the best damage control quote I've seen in a while, well done!
                            Not the OP, but WTH is the "damage" you speak of. Serious question. You can't have damage control if there is no damage.

Comment

When you say you suspect there will be many at Stars and Scorpions tryouts, I assume you mean SSS players, right?

Comment

When you say you suspect there will be many at Stars and Scorpions tryouts, I assume you mean SSS players, right?
                                Don't kid yourself, this is club soccer. There will be SSS and NEFC at both.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X